• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
So guy would have been a Qanon type in the modern day

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find the story of the Zodiac Killer so fascinating. That's great it's finally been solved but part of me feels this already happened a while ago?

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
I find the story of the Zodiac Killer so fascinating. That's great it's finally been solved but part of me feels this already happened a while ago?
No, this was one of the most famous unsolved ciphers in the world. There has been many false decryptions over the years, so you may be thinking of that.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine".

How dare you insinuate that it was a message about Ovaltine. Have you no decency? The victims will never enjoy the chocolatey goodness of Ovaltine ever again. Using a meme from a Christmas movie that these victims will never get to watch is heartless and cruel. They'll never have Christmas again. They'll never deck the halls with balls of holly. Fa la la la la, la la la la.

Telamon

Banned
May 25, 2020
Errmmm is it not obvious that the "LIFE IS" that is written separately to the usual code and the "DEATH" on the end that doesn't fit should be treated separately from the last sentence?

So "I AM NOT AFRAID BECAUSE I KNOW THAT MY NEW LIFE IS LIFE WILL BE AN EASY ONE IN PARADICE DEATH" (the OP has this line differently to the video, unless I've missed something) becomes "I AM NOT AFRAID BECAUSE I KNOW THAT MY NEW LIFE WILL BE AN EASY ONE IN PARADICE".

And then the other line is either "LIFE IS DEATH" or "DEATH IS LIFE".

Edit: Looking at the youtube comments others have noticed this, also a suggestion of "Because my new life is death. Life will be an easy one in paradice", which may also work.

LOLDSFAN

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the fact that he continued starting out with "I" again lol.

Also I'm sure it's legit (and if it is wow what a major breakthrough) but why isn't this posted on any major news sites? Cracking the 340 Cipher is a big deal.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
If only it were in time to talk to Son of Sam's neighbor's demon dog.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like being an analyst for stuff like this would be an interesting experience. And a stressful one.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I'm impressed its been cracked. I wonder who Ted Cruz worked with on this as this proves more than one person was involved if the caller to the TV station wasn't the man himself.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
wow. i really wonder what they saw/did that others hadn't thought up before

also, how does someone make something like this that is so convoluted/hard to solve to begin with?

i need a video documentary or something now.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
People are saying he got Bone Spurs from killing all those people. There's many reports.
no way to disprove it. i know a guy, great guy, wonderful guy big guy even and I've known him all my life and he tells me one day, which I found crazy people...just wild...he says to me, you know this really great, big, funny, handsome guys...he says to me that this Trump fellow got these spurs in his foot, not like the ones cowboys wear like pew pew when shooting bad guys, like john wayne in those movies...you know those real movies about real men and how rough and tumble they were and how strong they were and how women would, you know, really love if you know what i mean.

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
Part of it is that you could get away with this type of shit a lot more easily back then
Yeah mostly related to circumstances. Reminds once reading about three German serial killers that where active and caught during the early 1920s almost parallel. I think the main theory was, that after the end of WW1 that there were more poeple that nobody would miss out there, giving killers a better opportunity.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
ted-cruz-dad-4.gif

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everything I see seems to point back to the site below (it's at the end), which is kind of dying atm so might take a few tries. But they don't provide a source either so...

I'm going to hold off until I see an actual confirmation there.
Not that I think the FBI are infallible about that shit, but I'm I can't find any evidence of that statement online, and the FBI usually publish their public statements.

It smells like bullshit, but who knows, if there is any merit to this big news outlets will pick it up super quickly. They have sources in the FBI that can confirm this, and that's story is a big deal.

Edit: okay after watching the video I am even less confident this is true. Maybe there is more to that, but that video doesn't make a compelling case I think. This is not how cryptographers talk about those things, at all. They are also using off the shelf tools and their approach is not novel at all, would surprising to me if they stumble on something no one else did.

Last edited: