• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
And he did in kind of a weird tone that I'm not sure of, with a hard emphasis on the first syllable. My name isn't Edward, but it's two syllables like that. It was like "Thanks, ED-ward... ;) have a nice day"

Obviously, I didn't tell him my name/formally introduce myself, so he had to take a good look at my card to know it. So I admit, I'm a regular at this Del Taco. Yes, I'm ready for you motherfucking fast food internet connoisseurs. Go away. I like their sauce, and it's so close to my place and so easy to get to on my way home from work, alright? I probably go there like weekly to bi-weekly, depending. I think I've seen this guy a few times before. This week I've been there twice, but this guy wasn't the server the first time.

I'm just a little teeny-tiny bit unnerved about it—unnerved enough to post about it on the internet. He was talking with a couple of his coworkers and they looked like they might've been joking around before they opened the window. Did I do something wrong? I don't really make small talk at the drive-through. And I don't think a lot of people do either? I admit, I get fast food fairly often. My job is kind of to serve sometimes too, and I fucking hate making small talk. I don't want to put other people through that shit. I kind of don't want to go there anymore, which I think is an overreaction, as all of this kind of is. Do I start ordering very different items? Do I disguise myself when I go with sunglasses and fake mustaches, maybe a wig? Is it actually normal for drive-thru servers to address you by name? No, it means I have a problem when they start to recognize me, right?

help

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
It sounds like you're looking way too into it.

If you're a regular he might just want to know your name.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I went to my hot dog place that is over 100 years old. They just started taking credit cards within the last couple years and called me by my first name.

They want you to feel welcome. Get over it!

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
This forum and its collective inability to handle basic human interactions both fascinates and depresses me.

You made a thread on the internet because someone called you by your name.....

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Somebody, who I don't know as far as I'm aware, called me by my first name at a local McDonald's as well. It has to be a credit card thing... right?

Aurelio

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He wants to fuck you.

But seriously you're making a mountain of a molehill. It's no big deal. He's not gonna stalk you.

I have a famous name and people comment on it all the time after looking at my driver's license or card. Am I spooked? Lol no.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
If I saw coworkers laughing and then immediately do what they did to you id think their joke succeeded so much it made you make a thread.

Or maybe they're trying to scare you away from eating that nasty ass food.

Freakylinks

Nov 4, 2017
is the food still in the bag on your table?

i only ask cause i have done something like this where i ordered a mcrib from mcds and i saw the guy in the back making my mcrib he had one them big long pinky drug nails ....i could see it from the front counter and saw him put the mcrib in the box and i was thinking god i hope that isn't mine...and sure enough it was....came home left my bag on the counter and made a sandwich.

so i ask good sir! did you eat the food?!?!

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
You have to deliberately mix up your fast food places so they have time to forget you. You have to know at least two locations for each chain.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I have to admit that I get a little creeped out when fast food people recognize me or call me by name (if I eat there a lot). I actually stopped going to a Pizza Hut after one of the employees greeted me by name when I walked through the door. :S

I really shouldn't be eating fast food as often as I do, and maybe that's why, lol

Deleted member 11157

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They started doing this at Wendy's where they ask your name after you order. My name is easy to pronounce but i must be mumbling because nobody seems to be able to understand me. They type in some random ass name instead when they could just look at the card I'm using to pay to get it correct. Eddie, my advice is to tell them you're uncomfortable with them knowing your name.

eta- I prefer to be a receipt number.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
This forum and its collective inability to handle basic human interactions both fascinates and depresses me.

You made a thread on the internet because someone called you by your name.....
Listen man, I anticipated this kind of response and... *whispers* I know I'm overreacting and overthinking it. I do have social anxiety issues, but generally I can get by okay... I think. Okay?
You left your nametag on didn't you
I totally didn't! I never even wear that shit. And I don't even know if he had one on. And I was too unnerved to stay and squint and see if he did so I could reply likewise.

Grigorig

Oct 30, 2017
It's way worse when you have a name tag at a job and random customers come up to you like "Hey Edward.." like they know you.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Dude working fast food sucks, he's just amusing himself in the smallest of ways to keep himself sane while on the clock. Dont read into it.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I'm just a little teeny-tiny bit unnerved about it—unnerved enough to post about it on the internet. He was talking with a couple of his coworkers and they looked like they might've been joking around before they opened the window. Did I do something wrong? I don't really make small talk at the drive-through. And I don't think a lot of people do either? I admit, I get fast food fairly often.

I worked on a drive-thru as a teen. Hundreds of people would come through everybody, all of them with varying levels of charisma and personalities. Loads of people would be nervous and awkward, don't sweat it. The only thing we cared about was people dicking around or purposefully being difficult (ie: demanding their ice be put in the drink a certainway).

Most likely they were laughing about something else and the server, in a good mood, was just trying to be humorous. Either that or they were someone whose not usually on Drive-thru duty and is putting a but more enthusiasm into it because it's something different.

You needn't worry about it.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe he's just reliving the good ole days where we used to speak to poeple in the real world. Trying to be friendly and build relationships.

Nah, has probably a crazy psychopath who wants to wear your skin. Best call the police.

"Remember ME, Eddie? When I GAVE YOU YOUR ORDER... it sounded JUUUUSTTT LIIIKKKE THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSS!!!!"

latest

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The cat goes "meow"
The cow goes "moo"
The clerk goes "Ed...ward..."