Deleted member 35777

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Spiderman, FH4, FO76, AC:Od, BFV, RDR2, Smash, Code Vein, Pokemon Let's Go

Many are subject to opinion on that list (reviews, etc) outside FO76, FH4, AC: Od and BFV as I know I'll enjoy them.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have much time with exams

Dragon Quest XI and Spyro in September.

Assassins Creed Odyssey for Christmas.

I might get RDR2 if they start showing gameplay

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Fist of the Northstar: Lost Paradise
Dragon Quest 11
Gal Metal
Metal Wolf Chaos: XD
Shenmue 1&2 HD
Bloodstained ?
The World Ends With You: Final Remix ?
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes ?

Last edited:

Igorth

Nov 13, 2017
2 games for the fall, Spiderman and RDR2, the rest backlog and wait till christmas.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
There's not a whole lot that appeals to me. Smash Ultimate, Soul Calibur VI, Pokemon, and Dragon Quest XI are the heavy hitters. Smash and Soul Calibur will be slow burns that I'll probably play for a while over a long period of time, Pokemon I'm skeptical on, Dragon Quest seems like the only really big immediate time sink to me. I'll also probably get Mario Party and some other stuff.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So many games I'm interested in...

will wait for most of them to hit sales

So far

BFV
RDR2
Destiny 2 Forsaken
Spiderman
Pokémon Let's Go

are safe.

Got Danny

Nov 8, 2017
You just have to come to grips with it.

Your backlog is gonna grow out of control.

I'll probably try to hold off on most of these games until Black Friday.

RDR2 and Spider-Man might be day 1s though

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I've got it pretty well planned out:

September: Spider-Man
October: Tomb Raider & MM11
November: Red Dead 2

Will wait for sales on Hitman 2 and AC Odyssey.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Between Divinity 2, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Fallout 76 I should be pretty occupied for the rest of the year.

Start of next year is looking super packed!

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Knowing Rockstar, RDR probably won't be on PC at release (if ever) so i'll have to wait (or buy a PS4, some day).

Then it's just a toss between Tomb Raider and Assassins Creed.

It's the first quarter of 2019 that will be difficult for me i think.

Deleted member 17630

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Day 1:
1. RDR 2
2. Shadow of the TR
3. Luigi's Mansion 3D
4. Smash Ultimate

Probably:
1. Spyro
2. Shenmue HD
3. TWEWY Switch

Unless Nintendo has some more suprises up their sleeves (99% sure they don't), that's about it.

Socky

Oct 27, 2017
Manchester, UK
Divinity II
Dragon Quest XI
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Fallout 76
Red Dead Redemption 2

... OMG! I want to play all of these day one! Game pubs, we need a word.

Throw in Spiderman and Strange Brigade and I'm in trouble here. Ass Creed will have to wait. Hell, some of those RPGs will have to wait - I may hang on for RDR2 and F76, with pain and regret. Div II will be played co-op, so that's a long-term game-plan.

My backlog just called and is pissed.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Well I guess it's starting late summer, but new releases for the rest of my year will likely just be (in order of release)
Ys Memories of Celceta (PC)
Yakuza 0 (PC)
Yakuza Kiwami (PC)
Monster Hunter World (PC)... whenever they decide to release it and if the price is right.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll prioritize Smash but I'm interested in AC Odyssey, Megaman 11, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Pokémon Let's Go for now

And why are people citing games from September and August when this is Summer? lol

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I don't plan that far ahead, I'll probably be playing a combination of old and new games, like I always do. Ideally I'll find enough time to play Forza Horizon 4, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Ghost of a Tale, Below, Ashen, Red Dead Redemption 2, One Piece: World Seeker, and more Sea of Thieves. In reality, I'll probably manage to play only one or two of those.

Of course, in the increasingly unlikely case that they do manage to release it by the end of the year, my holidays are going to be all about Ooblets!

adjusted-purple-nightaesd5.jpg

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Spider-Man
AC Odyssey
RDR2 (I seriously hope this is going to control better than GTAV)

Pagoto93

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Spider-Man, Pokemon and Odyssey are day one for me. Will probably get Hitman, Spyro, Smash Bros and Tomb Raider at some point too.

No idea about RDR, I'm sure I'll get it but we haven't even seen gameplay.

Jun 14, 2018
So many games this fall I'm interested in that I'm going to have re-open my rental account to keep on top of it all - and by the time I'm done February 22nd will have rolled around to kick it all off again.

Spider-Man
Dragon Quest XI
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Code Vein
Forza Horizon 4
Red Dead Redemption II
Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I'm not too into multiplayer-heavy games, so I'll be waiting for Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII, Battlefield V and Fallout 76 to come down in price.

TailorDKS

Apr 18, 2018
Will play:
Spider-Man
Code Vein

Probably play:
RDR2
Spyro
Destiny 2 Forsaken
Battlefield

Not play:
Assassins Creed Odyssey
Fallout 76
Tomb Raider
Black Ops

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really play games as they come out, except multiplayer games. So BLOPS4, new WoW exp and BFV for me, I guess.

I'll probably make an exception for RDR2, however, if only to rub it in to my PC-only friends.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
For now I only care about Soul Calibur 6 and Spider-Man. I'll check out Odyssey after I play Origins, which I doubt I'll even get to this year unless it's dirt cheap on sale.

I want to play Smash Ultimate as well. Not buying a Switch until Bayonetta 3's release though.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Octopath and smash bros are my only must buys at the moment. Once I have smash I doubt I'll be playing anything else for a while.

Gu4n

Oct 26, 2017
NL
I'm glad I imported Dragon Quest XI last year, so I can Sen no Kiseki IV all the time it deserves late September.

lumzi23

Jan 16, 2018
I don't have a console yet so stuff like Spider-Man and RDR2 will have to wait.

For PC it's Forza Horizon 4 and Battlefield V for sure.

Also Soul Calibur VI, Ace Combat 7, Monster Hunter World, Dead or Alive 6 and Hitman 2 depending on how much cash I have. I probably won't buy all this year.

Assassins Creed Odyssey if it is good, maybe. I liked Origins but I would have liked more time between releases.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Spider-Man and Battlefield V are the only ones I have my eye on. Code Vein could be interesting for that Soulslike itch.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My current plans. . .

September
:
Spiderman
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion
The World Ends With You: Final Remix

October:
Mega Man 11
Code Vein or Valkyria Chronicles 4 (September catchup)

November:
*Pokemon Let's Go Evee (maybe)
*Red Dead Redeption 2 (October catchup)(maybe)

December:
Smash Bros. Ultimate
*(Possible November Catchup)

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man, AC Odyssey, Soulcalibur VI and Smash Bros. Ultimate are the only games I'm definitely getting at launch

Dragon Quest XI, TWEWY Final Remix and Pokémon are strong "maybes"

Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Mega Man 11, Red Dead and Valkria Chronicles 4 will be sale games for me probably.

Oct 25, 2017
  • Octopath - July
  • Death's Gambit - August
  • DragonQuest XI - September
  • Spiderman - September
  • Xenoblade 2 DLC - September
  • Spyro - September
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4 - September
  • Code Vein - September
  • AC Odyssey - October
  • Soul Calibur - October
  • Smash - December
.......September is going to be a Problem.....

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to get and beat Shadow of the Tomb Raider hopefully within the first 2-3 days of release, and then I might go back and get Spider-Man and play that if I'm interested. LIS2, if I get it, will only be a couple hours for that first episode. Through this time I'll also probably be putting hours into Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. I might get Assassin's Creed Odyssey at launch, or I might wait for a sale or something later in the fall. I'm also not sure if I'm going to get Pokemon Let's Go. The only thing I know for sure is that on December 7, Smash will officially consume all my free time.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Assassin's Creed Odyssey is a definite buy because I'm a HUGE ancient history nerd and they've literally got most of Greece in here during arguably the most exciting period in Greek history.

Soul Calibur is a possible buy, if it launches in a good state and has a solid character creator. This series is usually good fun to me.

Fallout 76... I'm there day one of the offline mode with Creation Kit enabled. So possibly never =P

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
So i've been looking over the fall releases and there are so many damn good titles. The ten year old younger me would have loved it since i had an abundance of time. Now, i'm just feeling kind of stressed out lol! So my question ERA is how are you going to prioritize the playing order this fall?

My order as of right now is:
1. Divinity: Original Sin 2 (PS4)
2. Pillars of eternity 2 (PS4)
3. Hitman 2
4. Life is strange 2
5. Spider-man
6. Assassin's creed: Odyssey
7. Red dead redemption 2
8. Shadows of the Tomb Raider
9. Fallout 76 (Might toss this though since while i love Fallout i don't like multiplayer)

Unsure about the order of 1 and 2 since i loved the first ones though. With my limited gaming-time i'll be set to fall 2019 lol!
I made peace a long time ago with not being able to play all games that come out.

When you lack time and take a step back you quickly find you have preferences and it's rather easy to ignore games you don't enjoy that much no matter how high their sales may be in order to focus on the few genres you enjoy the most.

FOMO is an awful anxiety but can be worked out, granted you can start by acknowledging it in order to be able to engage in therapies.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Spidey has my only day-one interest (already pre-ordered).

Will be getting Fallout later (if it can be played as a single player) after a few patches (also just started FO4).

Also want Tomb Raider, but I'm not in a hurry.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
DQXI will try to hold out on RDR II and Spiderman. VC4 I'm not sure when I will get because I doubt I will finish DQXI by the time it releases.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Tough question. 'Unfortunately', I'm traveling right now, and won't return before very late of September – where my pre-ordered Shadow of the Tomb Raider awaits me. I also have to catch up by playing God of War 4. Pillars of Eternity 2 will have to wait until I finished part one. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey will have to wait either, since I'm still fatigued by Origins, whose addons I have not yet finished. Life is Strange 2 will be played very early after its release. Red Dead Redemption 2 will be top priority, however. Fallout 76 only later on because Bethesda always need more time – with patching – to release a game in a quality I'm willing to pay for. Also I'm not quite sure about the concept... I will wait for some reviews.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Spider Man, Smash Ultimate, SoulCalibur VI, Megaman 11, Yakuza Kiwami 2, and RDR 2 are the only upcoming fall titles that I care about. Huh.....that's actually way too many titles to use the word "only" lol. I guess fall is kind of stacked :/. I have a feeling I'll be dropping SoulCalibur VI from that list in order to save time, much to my great shame, but I'm not made of time over here.