• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I feel any self-respecting sub ain't gonna want a whiny bitch for a dom

dingdingding

Wait a long labia is bad?

Yeah apparently the more sex a woman has, the longer her labia is (because it gets stretched out. Just like how a hole gets loose after a lot of use.)

Remember the logic y'all... if you have sex with one guy 100x nothing will happen, but if you have sex with 100 guys 1x, your whole body changes.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit. You guys realize this isn't a problem in a place like Brazil AT ALL, right? I've been reading about this incel bullshit on the thread and HOLY SHIT. This is the definition of insanity and people having too much access to guns. A low life like this would NEVER get a chance of being harmful to anyone around here.
Uuuuh what? Of course there exist incels in Brazil. They are fucking everywhere where there's an internet connection.
The incels grabbing guns and killing people surely have it easier in America, but that doesn't mean incels don't exist in Brazil.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Uuuuh what? Of course there exist incels in Brazil. They are fucking everywhere where there's an internet connection.
The incels grabbing guns and killing people surely have it easier in America, but that doesn't mean incels don't exist in Brazil.

What I meant is that a country like here it'd be much harder for someone like this to actually get guns to pull off something like this. Even if you still can get guns ilegally, I have a hard time believing criminals would not rob a kid like this blind before selling anything to them, let alone guns. What I mean is that this kind of mentally unhealth group of people would not be able to get guns here and that USA needs better gun control in general, let alone to people into this bullshit.

Oct 25, 2017
Just a thought but perhaps the solution is that we need leftists, liberals, and social justice advocates who are as capable of animosity towards the Alt right as the sort of animosity that the Alt-Right has shown it is capable of?

And I don't simply mean antifa either. I mean people that would make antifa look like Bill Maher in comparison.

The idea being that if you start having people on our side who are willing to play the role of "bad cop" in a "good cop bad cop" dynamic then perhaps the Alt-right can be put in a situation where they choose to cut this shit out because they become afraid of what sort of retaliation they will receive if they don't stop.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
If you guys want to read some real fucking shit, here you go
So this guy is definitely on a watch list I hope now.

I just hate the entitled nature of it all, as if men are someone entitled to be with someone who would just do whatever they want. It's this kind of attitude that regardless of their appearance or social behavior they will never find someone who accepts them because their views are so FUCKING bonkers. Why would any women in our modern era think that's attractive, to live a life of slavery at a fucking dumb guys beck and call.

These guys need to look at themselves instead of blaming everyone else.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What I meant is that a country like here it'd be much harder for someone like this to actually get guns to pull off something like this. Even if you still can get guns ilegally, I have a hard time believing criminals would not rob a kid like this blind before selling anything to them, let alone guns. What I mean is that this kind of mentally unhealth group of people would not be able to get guns here and that USA needs better gun control in general, let alone to people into this bullshit.
Well yeah, your post read like incels don't exist in Brazil lol. My bad then. Agreed on the fact that incels have it easy in America to start shit.

staedtler

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the incels on ERA see this thread and realize what a mistake that lifestyle is. I guarantee there are some lurking in the shadows here.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Sadly even best case scenario its going to take decades to weed out. Pop culture of the last 30 years has been saturated in Philip J Fry style "keep pursuing the girl to the point of being a stalker" characters, and a generation of young men (especially nerdy, white men) have internalized it as being "romantic".

I once knew a (gorgeous) chinese-peruvian woman who told me she said no to her current boyfriend multiple times and that his perseverance changed her mind because "it showed he was really interested in her". (!!!). Like wtf?

I also listened to a This American Life podcast about 2 (attractive) syrian refugees where the guy wouldn't take no for an answer and kept trying several times until she said yes. (according to the reporter, they were both very attractive). Again: wtf?

I hate to admit it but the bottom line is there are women who like this. Maybe they're a small minority but they exist, so it's not just nerdy white men who rationalize it as "romantic".

There is also a minority of women who enjoy catcalling.

It's fucked up but it's true.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I hope the incels on ERA see this thread and realize what a mistake that lifestyle is. I guarantee there are some lurking in the shadows here.
I think there are some who would be ok with the idea if it meant them getting laid, which is the whole problem with the idea of it to begin with. They want to be sexually gratified by what amounts to a slave, they don't care about women or her rights they are obsessed with this idea of "sex entitlement".

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. You guys realize this isn't a problem in a place like Brazil AT ALL, right? I've been reading about this incel bullshit on the thread and HOLY SHIT. This is the definition of insanity and people having too much access to guns. A low life like this would NEVER get a chance of being harmful to anyone around here.

Everyone is getting laid over here.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Where did this whole incel thing start? It's only the past few years that I've started hearing about it.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where did this whole incel thing start? It's only the past few years that I've started hearing about it.

Collections of lonely men online have formed probably since near the dawn of the internet. /R9k/ is the unofficial lonely man board on 4chan, and it's been around for a while. I don't know when the term "incel" originated though.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Incel was actually started by a woman who wanted a community of like minded individuals like her who were unable to find a partner due to their sexuality. Then it got hijacked by misogynistic assholes

Oct 27, 2017
They won't.

I don't think it's even possible to change an incel's mind. If you call yourself an incel, you're too far gone imo.

I don't think that's true. There was a time where I identified as an incel and posted on the incels subreddit. Now I was never so far gone as to talk about (sexual) violence, praise mass murderers or concoct fantasies about slavery but I was definitely the type to unironically talk about Chads and who seriously referred to himself as a subhuman. I'm no longer that person however and I'm part of a discord server with similar men (and women) and I think it's definitely possible for people to change. That isn't to say that it isn't incredibly hard, however, and it is definitely something someone has to do himself.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Never heard of this word prior to this very topic and had to look up what it even meant. Never would've guessed it was short hand for involuntarily celibate. That's ridiculous and so is reading through this topic and discovering how far gone certain parts of the internet have become. Shut it down.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
So, part of it has to do with women finally being taken more seriously on the issue, even if only a little bit. Women have been complaining about aggressive "nice" guys for as long as men have been putting on the facade of niceness, but we're finally at a point where a critical mass of men are listening and agreeing with the women's perspective.

Ten years ago if you're a lonely nice guy posting a meme about some girl who didn't reciprocate your infatuation then you were met with condolences by the public at large, but instead today you'll mostly be met with ridicule because people are finally recognizing the nice guys as being in the wrong.

So if you're feeling spurned and you're seeking condolences, increasingly you're only finding that bitter solace in the fringe of society. That fringe radicalizes angry men to turn their entitlement into violence.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I discussed this topic last night with my wife and I thought the conclusion she drew was on point. She said that we as a society do not adequately prepare each other for how to deal with rejection. It's an essential life skill that too many people do not have. As long as you're alive you will be rejected.

Whether it's for a job, college, dating, or any kind of competition really. And too often people internalize this rejection and do not use it as an opportunity to reflect, better themselves, and try again. That's the key to success, not giving up.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Read that reddit post and browse an incel board. Wow, totally regret it. Depressing shit in there.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
This sickness is not new. Really disappointed in some responses I see though. Others are legit, like the sabrina above.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I discussed this topic last night with my wife and I thought the conclusion she drew was on point. She said that we as a society do not adequately prepare each other for how to deal with rejection. It's an essential life skill that too many people do not have. As long as you're alive you will be rejected.

Whether it's for a job, college, dating, or any kind of competition really. And too often people internalize this rejection and do not use it as an opportunity to reflect, better themselves, and try again. That's the key to success, not giving up.

That's a very good point. We're coddled way to much in general.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know for sure some of these sad creatures live here? Or is this just conjecture based on the fact that this is a nerd(I say nerd with the greatest respect as I am nerdy myself) forum?

iAmPossum

Oct 29, 2017

Well spoken.

abrasivemurk

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So, part of it has to do with women finally being taken more seriously on the issue, even if only a little bit. Women have been complaining about aggressive "nice" guys for as long as men have been putting on the facade of niceness, but we're finally at a point where a critical mass of men are listening and agreeing with the women's perspective.

Ten years ago if you're a lonely nice guy posting a meme about some girl who didn't reciprocate your infatuation then you were met with condolences by the public at large, but instead today you'll mostly be met with ridicule because people are finally recognizing the nice guys as being in the wrong.

So if you're feeling spurned and you're seeking condolences, increasingly you're only finding that bitter solace in the fringe of society. That fringe radicalizes angry men to turn their entitlement into violence.
so is 'agressive niceness' just flirting?

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA

That's a really good point. Socializing is a skill, and like any skill you have to practice and mess up some times.

so is 'agressive niceness' just flirting?
I didn't say aggressive niceness. I said aggressive "nice" guys. Guys who think that they are nice despite actually being quite aggressive, annoying, irascible, et cetera.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
That's a very good point. We're coddled way to much in general.

Rejection is hard to take, especially when you're young and don't have much experience with it.

I'm going to try my best to explain to my son that no matter how awesome he thinks he is there will be people out there that flat out don't like him. As long as that doesn't become a pattern it isn't an indictment on his worth as a person. Focus on being the best you that you can possibly be and don't be an asshole and things will eventually work out for you. You're going to experience a lot of rejection along the way, but that's okay because it means you're trying. Keep doing that and you'll find success.

Last edited:

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still wonder why aren't the platform runners being questioned for the shit they hold on their websites...

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Rejection is hard to take, especially when you're young and don't have much experience with it.

I'm going to try my best to explain to my son that no matter how awesome you think you are there will be people out there that flat out don't like you. As long as that doesn't become a pattern it isn't an indictment on your worth as a person. Focus on being the best you that you can possibly be and don't be an asshole and things will eventually work out for you. You're going to experience a lot of rejection along the way, but that's okay it means you're trying. Keep doing that and you'll find success.
Some good words of wisdom. Good luck with raising a kid in this day and age, I do not have your strength to do so. I'd be a neurotic father praying that I can instill good values into my child haha.
When I read your initial post I was also taken back to my childhood where everyone's a winner and everyone gets their way. All those little league trophies whether you win or lose, all those school awards for participating , all those valentines cards from each member of the class. I think our society definitely isn't learning the right lessons in terms of rejection and failure.

staedtler

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know for sure some of these sad creatures live here? Or is this just conjecture based on the fact that this is a nerd(I say nerd with the greatest respect as I am nerdy myself) forum?

You don't think various sub cultures are on here but aren't vocal about their idealologies because they'd be obviously banned?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Wise words.

Iorv3th

Oct 27, 2017
I can imagine what these guys are like in real life. Usually socially retarded (I don't know of a more accurate term) to the degree that they think things they read on the internet on sites like 4chan are actual ways to communicate in person. Had a guy when I worked at gamestop come in for a midnight release and at some point he asks my female coworker to "show her tits or get the fuck out". He thought it was funny or somehow going to get her topless. We had the guy leave, but now reading all this stuff. He probably went home and just raged about how women prevented him from getting his game etc....

There are some real mal adjusted people out there and I honestly don't know how they end up getting by in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.