Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Your mom isn't the standard for parenting(and thank GOD for that, whew). Some parents don't mind that kids "yell and cuss" at them(as if most of the kids in this video even do that). And some will actually *gasp* do their jobs as parents and figure out why they're doing that and work with them to fix it. Not pop em in the mouth.
You don't know anything about my mother but go off! I am very well adjusted, very successful, and treat everyone with respect. These are the values my parents instilled in me and I'm very proud of it regardless of what someone on the internet says.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm certainly not trying to goad them by going after their mom, it's just that when someone condones child abuse, it tends to be from a bad childhood. And as you said they brought up the fact that their mom loved to punch them in the mouth first.
Oh fuck off. He did not say his mum "loved to punch him in the mouth first".

Oct 29, 2017
I like how some of those kids just freeze like

"wow something is going on, this never happened before... did grandma die or something?"

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I'm not gonna get into the parenting aspect of gaming addiction etc because we've done that here before.

What I do know is that if I raised my hands or used foul language while living under my parents roof, lets just say the console I was playing on would be in pieces. Yes they would do that because they made me use my own $$ to buy video games.

Oct 27, 2017
Um my standard is being respectful to my parents. It's a great standard that they gave me I can't say the same of some of these kids, so I'm completely cool with that whether you are or not. Additionally, I did not advocate other parents doing this I said some of these kids are asshole and disrespectful, and I'll stick with that.
Respect earned through violence isn't respect. It's fear.

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whoops, yeah he said she'd pop them in the mouth if he cussed. something everyone does.

Piss off, you know what you were doing. You were purposely misrepresenting what they said. It's fine if you don't agree with her approach to parenting but you're straight up being an asshole about it in your last few posts.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I'm certainly not trying to goad them by going after their mom, it's just that when someone condones child abuse, it tends to be from a bad childhood. And as you said they brought up the fact that their mom loved to punch them in the mouth first.
You are so full of shit. I said my mom would "pop" me. I guess some of yall don't know what it means but it's just a tap, it's not forceful way in a playful way. It is literally putting her hand to my mouth and telling me to watch my mouth. But once again go off about my childhood and the abuse that I clearly endured.

Oct 29, 2017
Imagine this thread is you could watch the ones where the kids got so mad that it was too embarrassing for the parents to send the video.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
You don't know anything about my mother but go off! I am very well adjusted, very successful, and treat everyone with respect. These are the values my parents instilled in me and I'm very proud of it regardless of what someone on the internet says.
Look man, if you really feel that you turned out better because of all that, then you do you. I'll take your word for it. I'm just saying there are better ways for parents to parent without hitting their kid. Not to mention we're going off topic, this is about Kimmel, not your life.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the responses in this thread are pretty embarrassing. Ya'll acting like Fortnite is a human right.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Turning off the TV was a "it's time to go to bed and you didn't listen when I asked the first 3 times" thing my parents would do.

I'm amazed that some kids in this video took to hitting their parents or slapping phones out of their hands. If had done that as a kid my parents would whoop my ass, I'd be grounded for a week (or more), and I'd probably have my games taken from me for a year.

Oct 29, 2017
Some of the responses in this thread are pretty embarrassing. Ya'll acting like Fortnite is a human right.

Why would you expect anything else out of this forum? Embarassing, out of touch is the norm for this place.

The actual video game/movie discussion can be really good, then you see this shit and wonder why anyone would come here

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Piss off, you know what you were doing. You were purposely misrepresenting what they said. It's fine if you don't agree with her approach to parenting but you're straight up being an asshole about it in your last few posts.
I'm not trying to be. I guess I just don't understand putting your hands on someone just cause they cuss. But we're going off topic anyway, we can pm if you want.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was pretty funny honestly. The lady at the end who couldn't find the power button had me in stitches

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Most of those reactions aren't beyond the predictable angry reactions you'd get when interrupting somebody who's focused intently on something. As for the ones that are overboard - and aren't staged - well, it's not surprising that parents who would pull pranks like this to get on TV might not do the best job raising their kids, lol

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaand now this is suddenly a thread where someone's condoning child abuse.

Why would you expect anything else out of this forum? Embarassing, out of touch is the norm for this place.

The actual video game/movie discussion can be really good, then you see this shit and wonder why anyone would come here
Oh, so that's where all the shitposters with no avatars are coming from?

Tiago Rodrigues

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
He did this with the Super Bowl too and many men have similar reactions.
Exactly.
Most of these kids were actually laughing with what was happening. it was hardly a big deal.

Besides if my parents would turn off my tv while i was playing for no reason at all (which is what's happening here), i'd be pissed as well.

Just like they would be pissed if i did that to them if they were watching something they liked.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't even make it through the video. These parents are cringy as fuck.

Glad I didn't have parents who learned parenting skills from a talk show host.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This video was mostly amusing.

However, all you people saying "respect your kids time and rights" are cracking me the hell up.

My mom could have walked into my room and smashed my TV with a hammer and I wouldn't have reacted the way some of these kids did lol. If my mom turned my tv of my first thought would be "oh shit what did I do", not I should bum rush my mom and yell.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
This video was mostly amusing.

However, all you people saying "respect your kids time and rights" are cracking me the hell up.

My mom could have walked into my room and smashed my TV with a hammer and I wouldn't have reacted the way some of these kids did lol. If my mom turned my tv of my first thought would be "oh shit what did I do", not I should bum rush my mom and yell.
PN1o0n.gif

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
It's a joke and it's ok. When I was 7 my mother told me that she tried my Mario Sunshine game disc on her computer and the disc never worked anymore. I was starting to cry and then seconds later she told me it was a joke and we all laughed. It's ok.

There is a difference, though, between her pretending she did something as a mistake and parents deliberately doing something that would usually be a punishment for bad behavior just to laugh at the kid. Turning the TV off is something that presumably happens when they've been bad or haven't been listening. Breaking the parents' own established boundaries to punish their children for the amusement of others is a lot closer to confusing bullying behavior.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
"What're you doing. Go cook" LOL that guy was funny.

But some of these kids need some seriously hard disciplining, like what the hell. Who the hell allows their kid to turn around and hit them or start swearing at them?

Don't give me this pathetic "the parents shouldn't be turning their game off" as if the TV isn't a total luxury (provided by the parents in the first place). I guess in the end it is the parents' fault anyway for allowing their kids to get away with behaviour like this.

Oct 31, 2017
Talk about clickbait title.

"The reactions are SCARY!!!1!!!"
And so I expected to see clear signs of addiction withdrawal, hysterical behavior, tears, rabid screaming, explicit aggression, etc.

What I actually got were a handful of fairly tame reactions, most of them displaying at worst mild annoyance (which is perfectly reasonable in context, even if you are a complete "casual" doing your single game of Fortnite in the entire week).

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Follow up should be when their parents are doing some hobby the kids should come in and smash what they're working on.

Deleted member 36086

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Again, recording someone without their consent to show to millions of people, trying to humiliate them. Harmful or not, this is not cool, and would make me instantly lose respect for any parent that did this.

Parents don't need consent from their under 18 children to make life or death medical decisions for them. They surely don't need permission from them to make a prank video of them lol.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Any parent that does something to their kid for Kimmel and his audiences amusement is a mental case so I'm not surprised their kids act this way. "Just a pwank bruh!"

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty typical for threads like this, on here and back in the day on the previous forum. Usually coupled with some sort of "well, my parents would've beaten me within an inch of my life if I acted like this" comment, as if they're proud of it.

Oct 29, 2017

Oh, so that's where all the shitposters with no avatars are coming from?

Where are we coming from exactly? I was on the old forum too

What does not having an avatar have to do with anything? I'm sorry I don't have a matching avatar/name combo for a children's game. Would that make me a more "important" member?

Plenty of people in this thread are condoning children throwing a tantrum and swearing at their parents cus they can'tplay fucking fortnite.