OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Dimension Drive is coming out for the Switch via PLAY Exclusives.

f891bd1d-3489-40cd-ba59-1b6f88a120c2.jpg

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
First Switch release

And they already released the PS4 ver. Nice :T

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Physical Cuphead waiting for DLC to release.

Yeah, I was replying when that thread got locked, ha ha.

Yes, once we knew we were doing DLC, we decided to wait on the physical version to get the whole thing all on disc with all the patches and content and fixes and languages and everything. We haven't fully planned it out yet, but I would like to do sort of a "celebration of Cuphead" with the physical release. More than just a case and disc.

What type of stuff would you like to see included with a physical release?

Thank you!

And as for PC physical...that I'm not sure about. Maybe in limited run? What would be best to put the PC game on? USB drive? Bluray?

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really starting to get bummed out by Microsoft's policy's now

Below, ashen, sabel all NEED physical
Why is it no one is able to release Xbox titles again ?

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I will never stop being impressed how so many low print companies have been popping out over the last two years and how not a single one of them has signed up indie darling Supergiant Games, who have not one but three highly praised games that never saw a physical release. It seriously baffles me.

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
I will never stop being impressed how so many low print companies have been popping out over the last two years and how not a single one of them has signed up indie darling Supergiant Games, who have not one but three highly praised games that never saw a physical release. It seriously baffles me.

And they never will , super giant do not care nor have any interest in physical releases

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
They are rolling in money, so why do they care ... they give no shits about the gamer.

So obsessed with owning there own license that preservation be damnned, it's very sad really

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Weird. A while back during a Supergiant AMA they said that they weren't against a physical release.

This was Greg's response to a question about a physical release less than a year ago:

"Hey, yeah, as a studio whose games exist exclusively as data on people's hard disks, we see a lot of appeal in creating physical versions of our games or aspects of them. That's why we've invested so much in our online store, with soundtrack CDs and figurines and stuff like that. We've never put our games in a box, though! It's something we've thought about for sure, it's just never really come together for us thus far. Maybe someday! Thank you for your interest."

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Weird. A while back during a Supergiant AMA they said that they weren't against a physical release.

This was Greg's response to a question about a physical release less than a year ago:

"Hey, yeah, as a studio whose games exist exclusively as data on people's hard disks, we see a lot of appeal in creating physical versions of our games or aspects of them. That's why we've invested so much in our online store, with soundtrack CDs and figurines and stuff like that. We've never put our games in a box, though! It's something we've thought about for sure, it's just never really come together for us thus far. Maybe someday! Thank you for your interest."

Two faced liar, the nerve of him!

Jokes aside, some clarification on where they stand on the matter would be nice. Mixed messages doesn't help anyone.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017

Jokes aside, some clarification on where they stand on the matter would be nice. Mixed messages doesn't help anyone.
I asked LRG during their post E3 Q&A, and the response Josh gave was also kind of vague. He said that Supergiant games are at the very top of the list for him since pretty much when LRG started and that they've been trying. No other details other than that though, so not really sure if it's a communication thing or if they've just flat out told them that they don't want any physical copies.

My personal guess is that Supergiant might want a wide release physical release if any physical release is done at all, but maybe none of the huge publishers that get games on all the shelves at Gamestop, Target, Best Buy, and Walmart have come calling?

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017

Believe what you want, I'm relaying the facts and unless any of these games release on physical or they make a statement
You believe all the puff piece crap you like

Mixed messages are all these guys are good for

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
I asked LRG during their post E3 Q&A, and the response Josh gave was also kind of vague. He said that Supergiant games are at the very top of the list for him since pretty much when LRG started and that they've been trying. No other details other than that though, so not really sure if it's a communication thing or if they've just flat out told them that they don't want any physical copies.

My personal guess is that Supergiant might want a wide release physical release if any physical release is done at all, but maybe none of the huge publishers that get games on all the shelves at Gamestop, Target, Best Buy, and Walmart have come calling?

Believe what you want, I'm relaying the facts and unless any of these games release on physical or they make a statement
You believe all the puff piece crap you like

Mixed messages are all these guys are good for

The actual issue is they don't want to make ANY deals with anyone, because they are wrapped up in themselves

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
The actual issue is they don't want to make ANY deals with anyone, because they are wrapped up in themselves
That's so lame if true. There are so many people who want physical copies of their games.

I especially wanted Vita copies of them, but now with Vita cart production ending, it doesn't look like we'll ever get those.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Super Rare Games is back on their teasing bullshit again for their fourth release. I was going to say "obviously it's going to be Never Alone", but it turns out that hasn't been ported to the Switch yet.

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
Super Rare Games is back on their teasing bullshit again for their fourth release. I was going to say "obviously it's going to be Never Alone", but it turns out that hasn't been ported to the Switch yet.

I don't get the hate aimed at a startup , everything takes time, also frankly you should be greatfull that at least some people are actively trying to preserve games

People bite and attack one of the last lines of defence against a digital only future, ridiculous

I can confirm super rares next batch of releases are all high quality (and yes I know exactly what they are)

NDPsycho

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the hate aimed at a startup , everything takes time, also frankly you should be greatfull that at least some people are actively trying to preserve games

People bite and attack one of the last lines of defence against a digital only future, ridiculous

I can confirm super rares next batch of releases are all high quality (and yes I know exactly what they are)

Speaking only for myself, I find them to be juvenile and immature. That combined with no interest in anything they release makes it an easy pass.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
These retweet campaigns are pretty obnoxious if you ask me. Just like the fad of "show demand" has passed when people got fed up with it.

NDPsycho

Oct 27, 2017
How so ? Can you clarify the feedback so I can feed it back

Do you work for Curve or are you George? I personally wrote Super Rare off when they started and were taking shots at LRG. While that's certainly one way to try and create some buzz about your startup, it's a questionable approach and feels more appropriate to a school yard. You didn't see Special Reserve or Strictly Limited do that. I have considerably more respect for SLG and have bought all of their releases. Beyond that, it's just the way I feel. I find their twitter to be unprofessional at times. I was trying to find a political comment that was liked by Super Rare, but can't locate it now, so I guess we'll chalk that up to either my being mistaken or it was removed. I find the begging for retweets for hints to be, well begging for attention. The official twitter should be for announcements and news. Take the personal stuff to your personal account. I could go on, including early concerns over manipulating stock levels to give the impression of increased demand, but I don't feel like scouring twitter and google for references, as we're discussing my opinion anyway.

To end, there's nothing to really feedback except the idea that there will always be people that are going to hate on something. The only reason I even commented was to respond to your comment of not understanding the 'hate' aimed at a startup. They started on the wrong foot with many LRG supporters. This isn't some huge secret.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Plus the last time Super Rare Games did this teasing nonsense, they dragged it out for the smart end of a week and in the end they only confirmed that it was Shelter Generations on the day of sale, which is something that I don't approve of. Like, I really dislike how Strictly Limited only gives about 48 hours notice, but at least its something. Super Rare gave three hours notice last time round, and I expect they're going to do something similar this time.

DrazilKaj

Oct 25, 2017
Do you work for Curve or are you George? I personally wrote Super Rare off when they started and were taking shots at LRG. While that's certainly one way to try and create some buzz about your startup, it's a questionable approach and feels more appropriate to a school yard. You didn't see Special Reserve or Strictly Limited do that. I have considerably more respect for SLG and have bought all of their releases..

If I remember correctly, there was a little buzz when Strictly Limited started off because a PR announcement that was making the rounds. I don't remember the exact phrasing but it said something along the lines of putting LRG out to the curb, whatever it was, it was abit mean spirited. They later claimed they didn't put that into the PR message, that it was some one else, but i don't know. It sounds like they are on much more common ground now though.