OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've bought anything from SRG before. Do they charge shipping? To Canada?
Also preorder means unlimited, and I can easily get a standard copy without the checkout rush?

They charge shipping, and last time I ordered to Canada from them (Shadow Warrior 2) I got dinged with customs so be mindful of that.

If it's anything like their other releases LimitedRunGames should have a more basic version available if that's easier.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've bought anything from SRG before. Do they charge shipping? To Canada?
Also preorder means unlimited, and I can easily get a standard copy without the checkout rush?

Last game I preordered was The Messenger (PS4) and it was $34.99 USD including international shipping which was a good deal IMO. Cheaper than LRG for sure. (I'm in Canada BTW)

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Is LRG doing a Gris release with Special Reserve? They have done it for other titles before and I actually prefer to deal with LRG because I know I will receive it and won't have to deal with customs.

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
There has been no official word on this but some Twitter comments from SRG made it sound like LRG wasn't getting their variant this time.

I find LRG's 15$ Int' shipping pretty reasonable considering they pre-pay customs fees and taxes. Of course I absolutely miss the combine system, but it's still better than SRG - their DDP shipping is more expensive. Not to mention folks like iam8bit or Fangamer....can't get the "Hollow Knight" CE because it would exceed 100$ total for me. :-/

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
IS there a stand-alone physical release of Gris without the "collectors" box and other junk? I really just want a physical game.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
IS there a stand-alone physical release of Gris without the "collectors" box and other junk? I really just want a physical game.
That's just how Special Reserve does their releases, but they have an agreement to also sell copies of their releases with different boxart through Limited Run Games, sans extras, same price. Don't have confirmation that Gris will get a release like that, though.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be up for that. I'll probably end up just ordering it and selling the extras on eBay. I've done that with other CEs and it worked out well.

I still rather be able to buy just the game though.

Ditto for me too. It's pretty rare that I want the extras so it's good to have an option that doesn't involve effort or the recycle bin.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Agree, this is all I want for everything. I like physical games and Switch games are nice and small too. I do not need a house full of collector junk.

EDIT: Ugh, now I have to skip it. Their site is now using my local currency (dollaridoos) with a nice spread in the currency conversion, plus more expensive postage than the last two times from them likely because of all the extra junk.

Last edited:

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Ditto for me too. It's pretty rare that I want the extras so it's good to have an option that doesn't involve effort or the recycle bin.
Agree, this is all I want for everything. I like physical games and Switch games are nice and small too. I do not need a house full of collector junk.

EDIT: Ugh, now I have to skip it. Their site is now using my local currency (dollaridoos) with a nice spread in the currency conversion, plus more expensive postage than the last two times from them likely because of all the extra junk.

Well gentlemen, I tweeted to them. Maybe with enough likes or comments they could consider it? There's dozens of us, dozens!

KyleSchwaba

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019

There isnt much extra in the cheapest option; just 3 art cards and a box. The booklet is in the game case sealed

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
There isnt much extra in the cheapest option; just 3 art cards and a box. The booklet is in the game case sealed
Yeah fair enough, but it makes the whole package bigger.

Like Sonic Mania Plus, super annoying that the package was PS4Bone sized so they could use the same art book for Switch. Now it needs a 'special place' on the shelf instead of sitting with the rest of the Switch stuff, and/or throw away the extra stuff.

Yes I am petty ;)

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
What the hell. I just tried plugging in my US shipping address, and it doesn't want to bill me in US dollars. I have credit card's specifically for foreign purchases, they aren't doing me any favors trying to charge me a buck for this exchange convenience.

Whatevers, I guess I'll skip it.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Huh ! I see they have pre-paid duties this time :D :D
(at least if offers it for my shipping to France)

What's weird is that it doesn't scale up with the total cost but with the shipping fee instead, which is suspicious... I don't want to be hit by customs over a mistake T_T
- 1 Game = 11.16€ UNPAID // 17.85€ PREPAID (6.69€ taxes)
- 2 Games = 11.16€ UNPAID // 17.85€ PREPAID (6.69€ taxes)
- 3 Games = 13.4€ UNPAID // 22.33 PREPAID (8.93€ taxes)
- 4 Games = 13.4€ UNPAID // 22.33 PREPAID (8.93€ taxes)

Jan 11, 2018
Got it on PS4 myself. The website said there will be a standard retail edition released by ININ at a "later date", without the manual and buttons but for the same price.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's pretty quick for a limited PS4 release these days. I was stuck at the dealership with garbage tier WiFi and spotty cell reception. I wouldn't have had a chance if I tried.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
SHAKEDOWN: HAWAII PS4 Physical Edition goes on sale WEDNESDAY, JULY 10th on vblank.com

sh_ps4_m2_large.jpg

it is now available for 29.99$

• PS4™ Retail Version
    • Limited to 5,000 Copies
    • Includes Blu-Ray Disc
    • Includes Manual
    • Includes Reversible Cover
    • Officially Licensed PlayStation® Product
    • Factory Sealed
    • Region Free (plays on all PS4™ systems, worldwide)

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here order the Odallus/Oniken collection from Play-Asia months ago? Have any of you recieved it/gotten shipping notices yet?

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
After what feels like a million years, I finally got my copies of Grim Fandango Remastered and Gone Home from iam8bit. Got Donut County from them a few weeks back as well.

Now to wait another million years for LRG's release of Celeste.

Jan 11, 2018
Not my cup of tea, but I still find it sad that they're not adding English subs to the Vita release when the other versions are getting it.