How often should I shower?

• Once or more a day every day - even weekends!

Votes: 1,439 80.9%
  • Every couple of days since I have an enchanting musk

Votes: 287 16.1%
  • Once a week, I enjoy smelling like a foot

Votes: 11 0.6%
  • I don't allow clean water to touch me since my natural oils and scent allow me to ward off predators

Votes: 41 2.3%

• Total voters

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
I shower every day. Sometimes twice a day. I dont have any skin issues from overwashing or anything like that article. I do it cause I'm dirty and/or I smell after doing something. I dont see whats so difficult about proper hygiene.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
This is the elephant in the room that nobody likes to address. To those that don't shower daily, do you not shower after sex? If so, do you change your sheets each time?

I change my sheets every other week, and even then I feel kinda gross sleeping on dried up sex juices, which is why I prefer to shower in the AM.

It just blows my mind that despite shitting, pissing, fucking, sweating, and interacting with the world and its people anyone can go "that's fine. I'll shower the day after tomorrow"

It's possible to wash your private parts, hands and feet without taking a shower.

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
I have Psoriasis and I would fucking die, if I would not take a shower at least 2 a day in summer, in normal weather at least once it's needed.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
My hair is a terrible, greasy, untamable mess every morning. Even after a haircut. So yeah, I need a shower daily.

The more you shower, the faster your hair gets greasy afterwards though.
Same for your body. Shower often and your skin will have to pump out the substances protecting it faster.
A couple guys I know went to see a dermatologist because they smelled bad even though they were showering multiple times a day, and they were told the bad smell was exactly because they showered too much.
A girl I knew smelled awful because by washing continuously she had killed all the bacteria protecting her vagina from infections..

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
If you are a lazy slob who never goes outside in the heat or engages in physical activity then you only need to shower a couple times a week. How enlightening.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Same here man, I take one wipe charlies with me when traveling.

20130630-221616.jpg
1. Those definitely aren't flushable, take it from me and a $250 septic pumping bill.

2. You can buy the ones from the supermarket for almost half the price. You'll miss out on the tingly peppermint sensation though...

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
All these lucky blissfully unaware people without serious skin conditions itt.

Anyway, another day, another emotionally-driven anti-science thread on Era. Wonder when the next dino feather thread will pop up...

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I shower to not stink and avoid feeling sticky so at least once a day. Usually right after a poop. It's summer, so 2 to 3 times if I have to go in and out of the heat.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I shower daily, but I've stopped using soap and shampoo since about five or six years ago. I only use soap when I wash my hands, which seems like the right move.

Can't give up daily showers though, I feel dirty if I don't.

ISWThunder

Oct 30, 2017
Yea, I've never really thought of it as a health thing. Obviously, never showering would be risky.

But between work and the gym, I would smell rank if I didnt shower often. I dont feel the need to do it every day, but it's rarely more than one day.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
All these lucky blissfully unaware people without serious skin conditions itt.

Anyway, another day, another emotionally-driven anti-science thread on Era. Wonder when the next dino feather thread will pop up...
Basically everyone is saying its about odor, nothing to do with anti-science, health or skin conditions.

Bernd Lauert

Banned
May 27, 2018
Everyone trying to out-shower each other. Very predictable.

I shower after the gym and sometimes in the morning after I wake up. So like 4-5 times a week. If I weren't a gym bro I would probably shower only every other day, especially during winter.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Showers are for peasants, we only bath in goat milk.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This article is fucking bizarre. I don't think I've ever encountered the idea in all my years of life that "oh, I take showers to stay healthy."

Fuck off, we all take showers so we don't smell, look, and feel gross.

GOD.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I shower every other day without fail. The reason for me is that I have very oily skin on my face and my hair can get quite oily after just 2 days, and it'll feel really disgusting if I go on for more than that. If I don't deal with the oil, then I'll break out more.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Eh, weird article, I don't think most of us are worried about infectious diseases when we take showers.
For me it's daily, every morning. With the occasional brief cold shower in the evening during the summer. I can't imagine going out without having taken a shower in the morning, I'd feel gross.

sleepInsom

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because there is nothing to bother about.

I understand you believe that. Which why I believe your bathing habits are gross. I've encountered too many people who think like you do and I can easily say you're wrong. You're literally standing in the shower and you're doing everything you can to avoid washing properly.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense. My hair is far less oily now that I don't shampoo everyday. Still, I don't think I am prepared to go soapless.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Basically everyone is saying its about odor, nothing to do with anti-science, health or skin conditions.

What?

If you ignore the science to make yourself feel better, I call that anti-science. If you shower every day, it's bad for your skin health. If you have skin conditions like atopic dermatitis, then you shouldn't shower every day.

Unless you engage in a lot of physical activity and/or sweat a lot, there's no sensible reason to shower every day. Sadly a lot of people here, like usual, try to speak for everyone.

sleepInsom

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Talk about an exaggeration. Did you read the OP or not?

Yes. Now answer my question. What health risks does the average person have to worry about from bathing daily? Because "may" and "can" aren't exactly convincing me going by those experts, especially when much of society bathed regularly with no health repercussions. Talk about being disingenuous.

鬼作.

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I shower every other day without fail. The reason for me is that I have very oily skin on my face and my hair can get quite oily after just 2 days, and it'll feel really disgusting if I go on for more than that. If I don't deal with the oil, then I'll break out more.
The reason why you're an oil factory is probably because you shower every day. It's the same for most people, they feel gross not showering every day, not realizing it's a self-made problem created by showering every day.

Personally, I have sensitive skin and showering every day would fucking ruin me. Not everybody has this problem, but what's bad for me is probaly not exactly good for people with normal skin long term.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
What?

If you ignore the science to make yourself feel better, I call that anti-science. If you shower every day, it's bad for your skin health. If you have skin conditions like atopic dermatitis, then you shouldn't shower every day.

Unless you engage in a lot of physical activity and/or sweat a lot, there's no sensible reason to shower every day. Sadly a lot of people here, like usual, try to speak for everyone.
Ok well everyone should engage in a lot of physical activity.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
The reason why you're an oil factory is probably because you shower every day. It's the same for most people, they feel gross not showering every day, not realizing it's a self-made problem created by showering every day.

Personally, I have sensitive skin and showering every day would fucking ruin me. Not everybody has this problem, but what's bad for me is probaly not exactly good for people with normal skin long term.

I said every other day. So I took one today and I will take another Wed morning and so on. I have sensitive skin too which is why I had to go through many body washes and also shampoos to get everything nice for me. Had to spend quite a bit of money on Jack Black All Over Body Wash and American Crew 3 in 1 Tea Tree shampoo + conditioner.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Yes. Now answer me question. What health risks does the average person have to worry about from bathing daily? Because "may" and "can" aren't exactly convincing me when I'm not seeing the risks. Talk about being disingenuous.

Now you're being disingenuous. The science behind it is factual - there is no "may" or "can" about it. You may won't get cancer from red meat but the scientific evidence behind it is factual that it increases the chance. The same is the case here.

You don't have a real high ground here other than being obnoxious.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I get what the article is trying to get at but almost nobody really thinks about bathing in terms of bacterial 'cleanliness', they mean the vernacular "you don't smell and look like a greasy pile of trash".

People definitely overuse antibacterial soaps though.

What?

I smell the people who don't shower every day. They might not think they need to but I can correct them. Maybe if you sit in an air-conditioned house or ofice all day and never do any sort of physical activity you won't, but I find it unlikely.

Most people don't have skin conditions that make daily bathing an actual issue.

I've also heard enough horror stories from men and women about hookups that make me think the world is better served by more showers and cleaning rather than less. Everyone thinks their own shit doesn't smell and all that.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Hm, my scalp has been awful this year. Tried quite a few different products for it and it didn't really change. Maybe the answer is only using shampoo on my hair a couple of times a week, and just water rinse it the other times. It's worth a go, I think.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I shower mostly daily in the summer and usually every other day in the winter.

I only feel the need to shower if I sweat or smell and if my hair gets greasy. Never really thought about preventing disease.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Man it would really suck not to take a hot shower and get coffee every morning.

That shit gets me ready for work.

If I am not sweating funk wise I could definitely shower every other day, but it just feels so good to take a hot shower in the morning. And if you sweat or get in a good workout I would hate to sleep in that state.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need to spend 20 minutes in the shower every morning contemplating where it all went so wrong.

鬼作.

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I said every other day. So I took one today and I will take another Wed morning and so on. I have sensitive skin too which is why I had to go through many body washes and also shampoos to get everything nice for me. Had to spend quite a bit of money on Jack Black All Over Body Wash and American Crew 3 in 1 Tea Tree shampoo + conditioner.
Right, my bad.

I use baby shampoo for the head and just cold water for the rest of the body.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I'd love to see all you bloodhounds try to sniff out every single person who doesn't shower every day.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
When in home and with no visits I shower like once every 3 days, when I'm working or going out I bath every day/before going out.

As in, showering friday, and then again on monday.