Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
This felt like videogame you stop playing and you resumed a year later.

Rachel got older halfway the episode 😆
season 1 ended when Trigon walked out as a cliffhanger.
The most anticlimactic end of Trigon which I didn't mind first half was boring

Oh man they cast good Alfred.... wait the subtitle said Bruce

KTC

Dec 7, 2017
UK
As much as i enjoyed the new episode, you can see what was new and changed quite easily. Makes me wonder if Deathstroke was even the plan for S2.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Makes me wonder if Deathstroke was even the plan for S2.
It was, Geoff Johns was talking about it before S1 even aired.

I hope Titans having Deathstroke doesn't stop Arrow from using him one last time. Plus Titans and Batwoman are going to be running concurrently, there's going to be Bat crossover no matter what. We're already getting another old Bruce Wayne in a few months.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
jx2ib6a510l31.jpg
27dy412ka0l31.jpg

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I hope the season does more with Beast Boy this year, considering how he got given an absolute beatdown this episode, but thankfully Young Justice has been doing Beast Boy justice so he's sorted there at least. Somebody needs to give love to Wonder Girl, she's third string in every show. Hawk and Dove got their own episodes, but she just got a two minute origin story shoved into this episode. Credits confirm that Jason/Donna/Hawk/Dove/Slade are all now regulars so ideally they get good stories as they should be in most/all episodes.

A little bummed the OT title isn't Fuck Batman Again. ;)
Yes

The only true title won!
I was considering 'Young, Just Us' or 'Ravager? I Just Met Her', but I like the idea of each season's thread title being some line with swearing in it.

Oct 25, 2017
It was, Geoff Johns was talking about it before S1 even aired.

I hope Titans having Deathstroke doesn't stop Arrow from using him one last time. Plus Titans and Batwoman are going to be running concurrently, there's going to be Bat crossover no matter what. We're already getting another old Bruce Wayne in a few months.
I wonder who will be blocked from what.
Batwoman doesn't give me vibes that we'd ever see Dick, Jason or Tim. I feel like Damian has a long shot of showing up and harassing Batwoman "because all of this belong to me" at first
Meanwhile I feel like Batwoman will eventually try Batwing, Duke Thomas, Harper Row, maybe Stephanie Brown as a stretch those characters are too much of a stretch for Titans to have time for

Barbara exists in Titans and was initially going to appear before production actually started, she possibly exists in Batwoman as Oracle but im honestly not expecting an appearance.

Alfred on both, Alfred's daughter probably on Batwoman at some point

I don't feel a Gordon appearance on Titans, definitely on Batwoman

We know an episode of Titans is about
Batman and Jason Robin going after a Batman villain
but honestly I don't even have a guess.
Batwoman is almost guaranteed to have Ivy and Freeze, not sure who else to expect.

Somebody needs to give love to Wonder Girl, she's third string in every show.
Thats honestly about how DC feels with her most days,
They didn't bother in the 2003 cartoon because rights were iffy
rights were still iffy with Young Justice S1 so they dropped WonderGirl until S2 and skipped the good WonderGirl for the bland one doing this with Donna

they put this as a stinger for an animated movie
436.jpg

something that won't get paid off for at least 4 years, if ever.

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Re: Bruce's performance, I think they might be leaning into the "raised by a British butler" thing. It'd explain some of the odd mannerisms and the accent.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Honestly they should just give them free use of all characters, but who knows with WB.

But yeah definitely feels like Titans get the Robins and Bruce (old man Crisis Bruce doesn't count) and Batwoman get the Gotham Batfamily adjacent characters. At least from the little we've seen of Batwoman I think they really want to establish her as her own thing. Focus on her character's stuff, although yeah it makes sense for her to get all the villains eventually. Titans doesn't really need them. They've got their own - or can just pull from anywhere DC really - and I assume that we've still got the Five/HIVE and Blackfire to come as big villains.

I'd say all the Birds of Prey characters are off limits, Arrow has Black Canaries of a sort but that finishes before the movie.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Re: Bruce's performance, I think they might be leaning into the "raised by a British butler" thing. It'd explain some of the odd mannerisms and the accent.
I think that's just Iain Glen's accent slipping.

Episode was alright. First half was hella rushed but whatever. Jason Todd is hilarious. I kinda wish they revamped things abit and it was Damian instead though.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Curran Walters is a great young douchebag Jason Todd. I can't really see him as Red Hood, but he plays a perfect Robin era Jason and I can't wait for Hank to beat the shit out of him.

arnehelst

Oct 28, 2017
So only having played the Arkham Batman games I'm a bit confused to how Death Stroke measure up to that whole super powered gang. Can he really be a threat?

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
So only having played the Arkham Batman games I'm a bit confused to how Death Stroke measure up to that whole super powered gang. Can he really be a threat?
He's one of the Titans biggest threats. Okay yeah technically Trigon should've clowned them, but I don't think they'll make the mistake of a half baked villain again. Think of him like an enhanced douchebag Batman who really doesn't like the Titans. He was also one of Arrow's best villains with his personal history with Oliver and how he systematically dismantled his life and team.

Depending on how he's written he can range from competent mercenary to uh... nearly solo'ing the Justice League. That was maybe a little too far.

SelfreliantSilentBug.gif

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
He's one of the Titans biggest threats. Okay yeah technically Trigon should've clowned them, but I don't think they'll make the mistake of a half baked villain again. Think of him like an enhanced douchebag Batman who really doesn't like the Titans. He was also one of Arrow's best villains with his personal history with Oliver and how he systematically dismantled his life and team.

Depending on how he's written he can range from competent mercenary to uh... nearly solo'ing the Justice League. That was maybe a little too far.

SelfreliantSilentBug.gif
Huhuhu...

edit ;; Damnit... ninja'd. 😄
Man, that arc was dumb.

Other than when he's being... given absurd abilities that somehow let him take on the entire Justice League... Slade is a pretty firmly mid-tier baddie in terms of powers. Very fast, very strong, but not on the level of the Real Deal superhumans. More like evil Captain America.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
So far these Titans are either extremely underpowered or complete novices, I can see Deathstroke easily taking down most of them. They're all novices or weaker hand to hand except presumably Dick, Donna and maybe Connor could tank him or Raven if she's under control. Starfire and Beast Boy barely know how to use their powers. Hank and Dawn aren't even on Dick's level. Remains to be seen where Rose falls but can't see her doing it.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, that arc was dumb.

Other than when he's being... given absurd abilities that somehow let him take on the entire Justice League... Slade is a pretty firmly mid-tier baddie in terms of powers. Very fast, very strong, but not on the level of the Real Deal superhumans. More like evil Captain America.

Yeah I think it's pretty silly. Like, did he really stop a Green Lantern ring from working by breaking the finger it was on? I'm sure it's not meant to work like that.

Don't even get me started on Flash. As if he couldn't see the sword in time.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So far these Titans are either extremely underpowered or complete novices, I can see Deathstroke easily taking down most of them. They're all novices or weaker hand to hand except presumably Dick, Donna and maybe Connor could tank him or Raven if she's under control. Starfire and Beast Boy barely know how to use their powers. Hank and Dawn aren't even on Dick's level. Remains to be seen where Rose falls but can't see her doing it.
Dick I think gets bodied as part of his "becoming Nightwing" arc. Donna and later Connor are the only two I'd put money on standing up to him in a straight fight.
Yeah I think it's pretty silly. Like, did he really stop a Green Lantern ring from working by breaking the finger it was on? I'm sure it's not meant to work like that.

Don't even get me started on Flash. As if he couldn't see the sword in time.

Yeah, Flash is comically OP.

Oct 25, 2017
He is the main villain of the Teen Titans, literally created in Teen Titans comics
latest

Him and Ravager(1) in the 2nd issue of the Cyborg, Raven, Starfire, Beast Boy era "New Teen Titans"

He's shown as Captain America level a lot of the time as well.

Last edited:

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Wow that Bruce Wayne casting was such an awful choice.. what could have been.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone feel like Ser Jorah as Bruce Wayne is a pretty big miscast???
I think he makes better Alfred than Bruce....
The way he talks and carrys himself in this episode doesn't scream Bruce to me....
I also find it very hard to see him in an actual Batman suit kicking ass if the showrunner ever wanted to go there in the future.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I can kind of see why they didn't want to end with this episode or anything like it last season. The Trigon parts of the episode were generally weak and if the last season had solved Trigon in something like the same manner I think it might have dampened enthusiasm for this season.

As it stands, the whole Trigon portion was nonsense but at least it ended the Trigon plot, and Deathstroke is a villain with lots of potential.

I think that's just Iain Glen's accent slipping.
Out-of-universe, clearly yes, but they can lean into that in-universe and I think Bruce picking it up from Alfred is as good an explanation as any. I don't particularly care myself, but it seems to be a sticking point for some people, so it's possibly worth spending 15 seconds of screen time addressing. They could just give him a throwaway line about how he was practically raised by Alfred and that explains that.

Several people have compared him to evil Captain America, I think it's also worth the more obvious comparison - evil Batman. With guns. And definitely including the planning ahead.

Yeah this is a group that is quite vulnerable to a capable opponent, given the mix of inexperienced and un-powered characters. Right now only Donna has both powers and experience.

I wonder how the show will evolve once that starts to change. Presumably they do eventually want Starfire and Raven to have more complete use of their powers, but that makes them ridiculously more capable than the others. Various iterations of the group have made that work, but a live action show might be more challenged by the differences between someone like Jason Todd's ability to punch people real good, and Raven's ability to end the planet if she wanted to.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Trigon supposed to be sealed in the red gem of Rachel's forehead?
It totally didn't seem to be the case in this episode.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Do you know that you are saying this based on a game where BATMAN is the main hero beating up lots of super powered people for a show where ROBIN is the titans leader, right?

Oct 25, 2017
He's highly trained, more skilled, and equipped than they are and definitely more ruthless. Besides he isn't going to roll up to the front door for a fair fight.

Oct 25, 2017
Im not a huge fan of the Bruce casting but I like Iain Glen and if it takes Bruce/Batman being old to approve an appearance then so be it.
I won't cast judgement until we see him as Batman.

On the other hand Slade looks badass as hell and is only 2 years younger.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Slade has the luxury of working with other rich and evil people. Said people are able to outfit him with super durable and absorbent armor, nearly unbreakable weapons, and he fucks. Slade fucks. He's also very skilled in tons of martial arts.

These Titans are going to get bodied and it's going to be glorious!

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

SelfreliantSilentBug.gif
That fight was terrible. Why the hell would Green Lantern throw a punch?
And BS on tagging the Flash, who can move at lightspeed

Oct 25, 2017
Im really wondering how the Titans got/get around because them having a high-end headquarters but suited up riding in the Jeep or Hawks's Bronco or Wagoneer will be silly.
(it already looked silly with just Jason)

guessing motorcycles at best

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I loved Titans last season. I thought this episode was really terrible. I'm hoping it was just because it was supposed to be a finale, a poor one at that. But the Deathstroke scenes were good.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly fine with a older Bruce. It's very clear superheros have been active in this world for a long time now. We see how young Dick became Robin and if we assume Bruce started in his late 20s or early 30s and was active for a number a years before he took in Dick he should be older by now. He's not someone that just started fairly recently. An established Batman with an adult Robin and one that is on his second should be older. No to mention that life style should age him. Batman does have suits in different incarnations that add to his strength, etc. He's not always just a guy out there with a grappling gun with no tech advantages. Look at the Arkham and Beyond suits for example.

I do also think they're playing up the "raised by a British butler" aspect as well. Which makes sense. The idea that Alfred's mannerism, etc wouldn't rub off on Bruce given he's basically his father after his parents die is kinda crazy. Alfred should have a huge impact on Bruce's true, at home personality.

Last edited:

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Finally caught the episode and it was quite the mess. Trigon was a waste and had bad CG. Bruce's accent... lol.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I knew 100% we wouldn't get the T but I absolutely expected the island, even if it was just editing Alcatraz Island or something.
I think the island might make even less sense than the T building. The current location, although it seems the main window faces a pretty poor direction for monitoring things, is at least close to the centre of San Francisco which is a reasonable location for a group of superheroes protecting the city. An island 2km offshore...not so much.

Also I suspect the current location is going to get blown to bits by Deathstroke anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Rose isn't just going to play a role similar to Terra in this.
I'd actually like to see Terra at some point (Teen Titans 2003 and Young Justice did her so well)

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Really felt like two episodes glued together. Donna and Dove remain awesome. Not convinced by Bruce.