• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Stephen A.'s eyes are clear from bawling out.

Don't think I've ever seen him this visibly sad publicly ever before.

Still unbelievable really.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
tumblr_n6zses5TMe1s3uawvo1_500.gif

This dude posts a gif of Kobe from Kobe Bryant Courtside 64, and gets banned for trolling?

WHAT!?!?

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Staying off Twitter then. Was bad enough with the unverified tweets about all of his daughters being on the copter, then none before it came out GiGi was on it.

RIP Mamba!

I saw it and don't think it's real...I used to work near Calabasas and the news footage right now of the recovery is showing it's near a residential neighborhood for one and it's greener and the video being reposted looks like a dessert with zero vegetation.

Last edited:

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
When I heard this while at work I thought it was just another stupid hoax rumor. I literally couldn't believe it.

The years when I watched the NBA the most were the Kobe years. This is insane.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
User Banned (3 Days): Thread Derailment
www.resetera.com

General Guide to ResetEra

General Guide to ResetEra Last updated on May 3, 2021. Mission Statement Since its founding in late 2017, ResetEra has been an inviting bonfire at the crossroads of the gaming industry. Our goal is to provide a modern platform where enthusiasts and industry professionals alike will want to...

Sorry mods. I will celebrate Bill Cosby's death when that thread gets posted here. If the site wants to chase me off after that moment, feel free

Oct 27, 2017
A transcendent athlete of our generation. One of maybe four basketball players that non-American, non-basketball watchers like me definitely will have heard of.

So sad. RIP Kobe and all involved.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I missed that. Sorry then.
I found the actual rule, so it's worded a little differently there:

www.resetera.com

General Guide to ResetEra

General Guide to ResetEra Last updated on May 3, 2021. Mission Statement Since its founding in late 2017, ResetEra has been an inviting bonfire at the crossroads of the gaming industry. Our goal is to provide a modern platform where enthusiasts and industry professionals alike will want to...

Obituary Threads

While context will be taken into account, we do not welcome celebration or cheering for the death of public figures. Members that appear to be using an obituary thread as an opportunity to post vitriol will be moderated. There will be no shortage of opportunities to discuss the legacy of a public figure in other, later, threads. We simply do not want to celebrate death.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I gotta assume he's not the only one

True. They brought up on NBA TV that all of these guys basically grew up watching Kobe. Which makes me feel super old (along with the "most people don't even realize he didn't play much those first few years" poor forgotten Eddie Jones). I guess you can't really cancel games where everyone is already in attendance, though.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Sorry mods. I will celebrate Bill Cosby's death when that thread gets posted here. If the site wants to chase me off after that moment, feel free
And hopefully you'll get modded as such. Rules are put in place to be followed, not sure why you'd think the above was worth posting here. But you got something from it, I certainly didn't.

taro

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe it. I was on the road but got a text from a friend. When ESPN radio confirmed it, I was numb. Absolute heartbroken for all of the families.

RIP

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Neil Peart and Kobe Bryan in a month. Wow. I'm honestly shook. Never have a loved yet hated an athlete so much. Loved him because of his amazing talent and contributions to the NBA. Hated him for ripping my team's heart out so many times and showing it to them. And let's also not forget another life was taken with him. While not as recognized, she's every bit as important to her family. RIP to the greatest scorer ever to play the game.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
RIP Kobe, one of my favorite players growing up and one of the greatest basketball players of all time.