CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
RIP, was never really a fan of his music but seeing someone lose their life so young is terrible.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Was never a fan until I heard Faces. That project is amazing and really put me on to how talented of a producer he was. Damn, this is sad.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Just heard about this, crazy stuff..

Didn't he just do a music video where his in a coffin and rapping about death? Strange that XXXtentacion also did a funeral themed music video before he died as well...

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
RIP

Was suppose to saw him last summer festival one years ago, bought my ticket mostly for him, but he cancel his show 2 days before for ''Healt Problem'' i had the feeling something was off... Too bad i'll never see him in show ever again....

chromefrog

Nov 26, 2017
Addiction is so fucking tragic, and people who have no sympathy for addicts are ridiculous. Rest easy, Mac. Taken too soon.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've never heard a Mac Miller song in my life and this disturbs me. I knew people were feeling him, I just never got around to listening. But depression, addiction etc... I can empathize with. 26 man!
He wasn't blaming Ariana, he was saying that the breakup of a 2 year relationship might have pushed him over. You never heard of a drug addict falling even harder in their addiction after a traumatic experience? Not saying he was in the right or she was in the wrong, but to say the breakup had nothing to do with this situation and it's dumb to think so is dumb in itself. Could it be unrelated? Sure, but I wouldn't be shocked if his addiction got worse. Not Ariana's fault, but it's a reason why this might have happened.

But that is apparently a conspiracy.

If you actually read his post and removed your own expectation that he must be blaming women you might see what he was actually trying to say.
Ok, I see what you're saying. Out of curiosity is it general accepted that breakups can be traumatic? I know they feel terrible, been there myself, but is that downplaying the word trauma? It's a question I've thought for months.

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I never heard of him or his art until just now.

:-(

What a young age to die at, damnit dude. RIP.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe he's gone. I remember listening to Blue Slide Park after a friend of mine let me listen to it on his Bose QCs in photography class in high school.

So many memories tired to that album...

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
I've never heard a Mac Miller song in my life and this disturbs me. I knew people were feeling him, I just never got around to listening. But depression, addiction etc... I can empathize with. 26 man!

Ok, I see what you're saying. Out of curiosity is it general accepted that breakups can be traumatic? I know they feel terrible, been there myself, but is that downplaying the word trauma? It's a question I've thought for months.
When you're an addict with depression even little shit can set you off. I imagine a breakup would do it.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
listening to 'watching movies with the sound off' from front to back and i just got to youforia

goddamn this is really difficult to deal with. i'm gonna miss mac so much

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
yeah seriously fuck the people who are blaming ariana for this

she has dealt with so much over the past couple years. god this whole situation just breaks my heart

Oct 25, 2017
When you're an addict with depression even little shit can set you off. I imagine a breakup would do it.

Yes but the people trying to pin this on others are fucking trash. It's just a convenient way to shift blame from one's own role in society and perpetuating harmful stereotypes about mental illness onto an easy target so people don't feel any personal guilt or self-reflection when shit like this happens. BTW it happens to thousands (if not more) people every day in exactly the same position as Mac Miller, you're just not hearing about it because they aren't famous.

The problem here is down to how society treats people with mental illness, especially in the US. Nothing else. It's not about drugs, it's not about protecting yourself from facing up to it and it sure as hell isn't about people like Ariana who are actually out there doing good things for people struggling through life. Anyone pushing those narratives is just out to protect themselves from some hard truths.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
This genuinely hurts me like losing a friend man. Mac got me through some hard times and some songs changed my life for the better. I was lucky enough to meet him a year or two back and that did too. Rest easy Mac

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Rohhhh.
He was the first artists I ever saw live at a concert.

He came to Belgium when I was still in highschool.
I went alone, front row was amazing.

Saw him again when he dropped his third album.

His early stuff has always been on my cruising playlist.
Don't mind if I do. You can wear my hat...

RIP

AriesM4rch

Oct 27, 2017
This one legit hurts, started listening to him since high school with Blue Slide Park and loved him ever since.
Way too young as well, damn.
RIP

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
"I put the hero in heroin"

RIP, GO:OD AM was my shit

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't really heard of him before this, but RIP. Dang! is a real solid track. Seems like he had some talent.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't really heard of him before this, but RIP. Dang! is a real solid track. Seems like he had some talent.

the beat switch/second half of this puts this on a Song of the Year list imo. he had some great stuff.

edit: damn shame how this looks now though in light of the news.

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
rest in peace mac. thanks for providing me a sense of comfort in the summer of 2015.

o5pCw2R.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just saw the video for Best Day Ever and I remembered how much I used to listen to that song ages ago.After Blue Slide Park which I remember listening to I kind of just forgot the dude. I started listening to Cole and Kendrick and I completely forgot about him. A couple of days ago, Best Day Ever entered my head and I planned to listen to the song but didn't until yesterday.

I really liked the Best Day Ever video. Damn man.