• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
I remember reading something about how Ariana Grande left him, and that the guy was always depressed and on drugs or something. Pretty sad. Never got to listen to his stuff but RIP, man. 26 is way too young.
Dude could almost get any girl he wants, he was depressed even when he was with her

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. I thought my man was older. Guess I just never realized how young he actually was when he first started popping.

Damn shame.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's sad that this isn't all that surprising. I'm not sure why all these headlines say things like 'Shocking'

It's not shocking at all and that's what makes this so tragic. I wish he could have found the help he needed.

edit - let me be clear, i'm not blaming mac for his own death, or trying to start shit.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
You could have the world in the palm of your hands, you still might drop it.

Man, I never really listened to Mac before Swimming because of his frat boy image but Swimming ticked a whole lot of boxes for me. Mac was accepting his demons and learning to live life with them.

Would have loved to catch him at one of his tours and was hoping to see him produce more music with a similar sound to Swimming. Just so sad.

feyder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus this is devastating. RIP.

And holy hell do I feel awful for Ariana. First the bombings which was obviously extremely difficult for her to get over, and now this. Already seeing a gross amount of tweets somehow pinning this on her, calling her a slut and whore.

LOLDSFAN

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's pretty crazy. Really liked his earlier stuff. Then kind of fell away once he changed up his music. Still subscribed to his YouTube and he just had something up.

RIP.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Sad. Had a family member OD at this age several years back. It sucks. I hope the one's closest to him lean a bit on each other. RIP.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You could have the world in the palm of your hands, you still might drop it.

Man, I never really listened to Mac before Swimming because of his frat boy image but Swimming ticked a whole lot of boxes..

Frat boy image? Dude didnt even go to college lol

Anyways, rip delusional thomas and larry fisherman as well. I think those were the darkest times for mac.

Oct 27, 2017
8olej0q7swh11.jpg

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
RIP Mac. Gone too soon.

First track that turned me onto Mac, way back when he was just making boom bap shit.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Man this is so unreal. I used to listen to KIDS all the time in college. Mac consistently improved as an artist over the years with every project he put out. Such a talented dude.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

One of the realest songs he released. I spent many winter nights listening to this ever since senior year of high school.

Oct 31, 2017
I am thinking this may have been a suicide.

His last post is his own song "So it goes"

We will never know unless there is a suicide note.

Really sucks

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised he was only 26. "Donald Trump" seems like it was SO long ago and he had other mixtape stuff before that. So if "Donald Trump" was 7 or 8 years ago I guess some of his real early stuff he was still in highschool. That's strange to me because I thought he was a few years older.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Goddamn.

Res in peace. Used to play the shit out of KIDS and enjoyed everything he put out since. Macadellic was the shit.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ. Can we stop with this "blame their ex girlfriends!" crap whenever a male celeb dies prematurely?

RIP Mac, 26 is wayy too young.
Lean be killing rappers like guns, man. This is terrible. RIP.
It's always bothered me that DJ Screw OD'd over a decade ago and lean gets glamorized left and right in our music. I partially blame some rappers but IMO something fishy is going on with label execs and the industry gatekeepers. You would never see a nonrap, white mainstream act bragging about hardcore drug use the way Weezy is allowed to.

Oct 25, 2017
Conspiracy? Wow

Reaching much?
A poster on the previous page was banned for saying that the breakup with Ariana might have been so traumatic for him (even if he was abusive) because he is an addict and likely faced mental illness that it pushed him over the edge to a place where he would overdose, because he was apparently pushing a conspiracy. I see little difference with you trying to say it was a suicide

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A poster on the previous page was banned for saying that the breakup with Ariana might have been so traumatic for him (even if he was abusive) because he is an addict and likely faced mental illness that it pushed him over the edge to a place where he would overdose, because he was apparently pushing a conspiracy. I see little difference with you trying to say it was a suicide
You don't see the difference between suicide in general and "blame wimmin!"? Mac's been depressed and using before AG.

And to top it off, crying to mods about it? Take a cig break bruh.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
You don't see the difference between suicide in general and "blame wimmin!"? And crying to mods about it? Take a cig break bruh.
He wasn't blaming Ariana, he was saying that the breakup of a 2 year relationship might have pushed him over. You never heard of a drug addict falling even harder in their addiction after a traumatic experience? Not saying he was in the right or she was in the wrong, but to say the breakup had nothing to do with this situation and it's dumb to think so is dumb in itself. Could it be unrelated? Sure, but I wouldn't be shocked if his addiction got worse. Not Ariana's fault, but it's a reason why this might have happened.

But that is apparently a conspiracy.

If you actually read his post and removed your own expectation that he must be blaming women you might see what he was actually trying to say.

Oct 31, 2017

Pushing a conspiracy?

It sure seems like it based off his last post and I even said if this is the case, A note would possibly confirm.

Not sure how that translates to "Pushing a conspiracy"

I'm glad you are not a MOD.

You would BAN people for nothing.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
wow, I had no idea he was only 26. I loved his 2010-ish stuff, but honestly hated all his new stuff.. especially Larry Fisherman, but would still rock that old school tunes.

Every now and then when I'm high I love to play this song with headphones on. Absolute serenity.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine dealing with that level of fame in your early twenties - lot of people straight up can't handle it, you just don't hear about them until they die from it. Really sucks he dealt with addiction and substance abuse, I can't imagine the kind of pressure and strain he was under. Probably doesn't help that he dated someone as mega-famous as Ariana either, I'm sure it doesn't help the breakup grieving process when she's on TV publicly and tabloids are speculating about your personal shit while the paparazzi won't let you move on.

Sucks all around. Hope his family can find peace.

Commanderbuck

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I been feeling this line.

"My regrets look just like texts I shouldn't send
And I got neighbours, they're more like strangers
We could be friends
I just need a way out of my head
I'll do anything for a way out
Of my head"