• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't believe it when I was watching it yesterday. Why can't be Boruto like this most often? God tier fighting.

D65

Oct 26, 2017

How did I ever watch anime that whole thing was just silly. It's really crazy how modern anime just looks like modern anime with the stupid cliché language during fights.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I didn't believe it when I was watching it yesterday. Why can't be Boruto like this most often? God tier fighting.

Budget. Animators already got it rough so expecting 60 episodes of animation that is better than most feature length anime movies would literally kill people.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Uuuuhhhh, he's named after the Japanese city of Naruto, city of whirlpools. Thus the name Uzumaki Naruto (uzumaki meaning whirlpool). It's actually a pretty ingenious name.
Naruto itself also means whirlpool. It's also a food famous for its pink spiral pattern (whirlpool) served in Ramen that Naruto likes to eat and the Uzamaki clan logo looks like Narutomaki. It was worked into the plot that Naruto was named after Narutomaki ramen Jiraiya was eating.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Uuuuhhhh, he's named after the Japanese city of Naruto, city of whirlpools. Thus the name Uzumaki Naruto (uzumaki meaning whirlpool). It's actually a pretty ingenious name.
He's named after this:
kurokage_naruto.jpg

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is very well animated, too bad the actual drawings are still not very good. Every time I stop the video the frame is pretty ugly.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Man I fucking adore Naruto's adult design. One of the best time skip redesigns ever.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's why it's animated, and not just a gallery of still images.

You know how animation works, right?

As it turns out, video is supposed to be viewed as a video and not a series of frozen images.

I am perfectly aware of how animation works, thanks. There's anime that looks pretty good in stills, as well, though weekly shows like Dragon Ball and Naruto often look like shit in stills.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Ok that's quite insane. I still haven't watch the 'mostly' canon last 10 episodes of Naruto before Boruto. This is motivating me.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am perfectly aware of how animation works, thanks. There's anime that looks pretty good in stills, as well, though weekly shows like Dragon Ball and Naruto often look like shit in stills.

Which anime with that level of animation? You are not aware how it works if you still say this. Watch the video above.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
That was probably the most insanely hype fight I'd ever seen in an anime. Well, in recent memory at least. I was so damn giddy seeing these two use old combos and tactics but on a whole new level now that they're this powerful. More traditional Naruto fighting, less reliance on a thousand variations of Rasengan or Chidori. So. Damn. Good.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I don't like boruto or the latest thing naruto did, but yeah fight is pretty amazing!

I'm always happy to see good animated fight even if they originate from something i find really bad

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Best animated anything this year belongs to Pop Team Epic. The Era Council of Anime already decided this.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Toie just kinda sucks honestly, they don't seem to have access to animators as talented as Pierrot does. Tbf to toei though as much as people give them shit I hear they treat their employees better than the average animation sweatshop and they even have a union.

Also as much as I enjoy a good one piece fight one piece's fights don't necessarily lend themselves to highly choreographed hand-to-hand combat, one piece guys tend to be more brawlers than anything else. And Dragonball is just Dragonball honestly the one-dimensional fights in that series is one of the reasons I fell out of love with it.
Most of Zoro's fights come close to highly skilled and drawn out choreographed fights, but even the all out brawls have choreography to them. Not every fight has Luffy tanking hits.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow that was amazing from a technical standpoint. Yeah, that's fight of the year alright, though Goku/Freiza vs Jiren and All Might vs One for All have better emotional payoffs.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
This is movie quality and goes to show how much of a waste it is for animes done by Toei.

Imagine something like this for the big moments in Super or One Piece ?

Never, never happening.

rambis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That was really well animated and also dumb as fuck. There's so much fanfiction-tier stuff happening that I almost can't take it.
Lol is fan-fiction the new code word for shit people don't like? This was actually amazingly tame.

Man, it's hard to imagine any enemies to become huge threat as long as Naruto and Sasuke is still alive. These 2 is just op as hell. I think Momoshiki is supposed to be stronger than Kaguya, right? He just had the bad luck to fight older more experienced Naruto and Sasuke in their prime.

I dunno. From what I've seen of Kawaki, he'd probably easily surpass them, minus the bijuu chakra.

The manga is getting really good..

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Small Boruto questions

What are the differences between anime and manga?

And is he movie rectonned? And in the manga there was no Jogan as well

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
So, did Boruto take a "similar route" to DBS, in the sense that they adapt the movie into the series while adding/removing certain details?

Oct 26, 2017
when did naruto become bleach? meet DBZ?
nothing has impact or weight literally as bad as a DC comic

why are they fighting hollows?

and no.

allmight V allfor one is better.

frankly Ichigo vs Bat person from bleach is better.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
The guy is a scaredy cat and somehow became mizukage, it doesn't speak very well of Kirigakure(but then again it always looked like the crappier village of the 5 nations), Kurotsuchi at least tries and doesn't take shit(to a fault sure). Admittedly I was surprised her father wasn't made tsuchikage though.

Oh, then the Hoshigaki guy is canon I guess.

I'm pretty sure Kishi did it on purpose.
Notice how they're all around the same age and from the same generation...

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I've recently come to realize the Era Council of Anime has shitty taste and should not be listened to.
If anime fans had taste they'd never let shit like sword art online become a mega hit.

Was that better than Naruto's Shippuden episode 167? That shit was amazing, omfg
It was better but 167 will always be a top anime fight just because all the tears of people saying it was "bad animation" lol.

Maybe they should make only 26 episodes each year and less filler but I suppose TV network doesn't want that.
Not gonna happen, naruto/boruto are more profitable than Pokémon for the network that airs both of them. Plus we still get jaw dropping fights that put most other anime to shame, so I hope they keep it as is.