Status
Not open for further replies.

DioMuller

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The last 30 or 15 or so minutes of Kabuto's movie are probably still the best Kamen Rider material ever filmed (like seriously, it is masterful), but the rest of the movie sucks.

I thought it was a greatgmixmof good moments with others being so bad it was good. So, for me, this makes it the best.

But even not considering it, those final moments make the movie worth watching, and makes the series ending better, if you ignore the fact it's not canon.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
I really miss the movies being AU to the tv show itself. Gave them a chance to write something interesting (good and bad)

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Just got done watching the ex aid true ending movie.

First rider movie I've watched since super hero taisen. This was trash. I didn't expect that given how hyped up it was smh. Anyway, is divorce a thing in Japan? Ex aid really just glosses over the fact that the father walked out on the family when the kid was born.

Also, if Build was an anniversary season, he that show totally could've been about him going around and taking Rider's essences and doing weird experiments.

Pocket Sand

Jan 8, 2018
New Jersey
Just finished Gaim so heres a not so hyper analysis of Kamen Rider Gaim
Holy heck I can see why people liked this series so much this was actually one one of the strongest ones Ive watched. A bit of a slow start but once the plot hit WOOF it got good.
SO MANY PEOPLE GOT GOTTED IN THIS SERIES SO HARD SID STILL HAD IT THE WORST THOUGH GETTING CRUSHED BY A MOUNTAIN IS A ROUGH WAY TO GO
-I was bummed that Yoko died though she just wanted to be with Kaito and she got it pretty hard too. Definately one of the stronger supporting characters of this one.
(Soft spoiled myself about Yoko when I watched Gorider a while back but STUPID FORGOT she was in that woo dodged a bullet there.

-Ryoma was a really good anti hero antagonist everything all that jazz but again... He got gotted too. His henshin sequence was cool the spinny arms was all anime and stuff.

-I was surprised that Kaito was the final boss of the series I was expecting it to be one of the overlords or even Mitsuzane (well get to him in a second) but was surprised that it is highly implied that he is dead now. Kouta put it best that his ideals were just in the right just executed poorly.

-Micchi was an interesting one. The finale episode I gueeeesss was enough to redeem the character but he did some big betrayals this whole series. I was expecting him to honestly not make it out of the series alive with all the stuff he did. Was really expecting the Yomi Arms to kill him in the fight with Kouta

-Kouta is a good protagonist and one of the stronger ones that Ive seen. Veeeeery curious to see how things turn out with him getting back to earth and whatnot. Given the Gaim Drive crossover and that he is in the Dr. Pacman movie and Heisei Generations Final without any of the broken Golden Fruit powers wondering how theyll bring him back.

-Oren Pierre Alfonzo is a beautiful man

-MVP IS TAKATORA HE JUST WANTED TO BE A GOOD BROTHER AND SAVE THE WORLD AND HE GOT THE BIG BETRAYALS BY EVERYONE
Also his character was just great as well they really did a good job building him up through the whole shabang.

Messy spoiler talk above~ I know Im missing stuff probs but that is just some stuff that came to mind off the top of my head.

Oct 25, 2017
/goes back to the waiting game

Holy heck I can see why people liked this series so much this was actually one one of the strongest ones Ive watched. A bit of a slow start but once the plot hit WOOF it got good.
SO MANY PEOPLE GOT GOTTED IN THIS SERIES SO HARD SID STILL HAD IT THE WORST THOUGH GETTING CRUSHED BY A MOUNTAIN IS A ROUGH WAY TO GO
-I was bummed that Yoko died though she just wanted to be with Kaito and she got it pretty hard too. Definately one of the stronger supporting characters of this one.
(Soft spoiled myself about Yoko when I watched Gorider a while back but STUPID FORGOT she was in that woo dodged a bullet there.

-Ryoma was a really good anti hero antagonist everything all that jazz but again... He got gotted too. His henshin sequence was cool the spinny arms was all anime and stuff.

-I was surprised that Kaito was the final boss of the series I was expecting it to be one of the overlords or even Mitsuzane (well get to him in a second) but was surprised that it is highly implied that he is dead now. Kouta put it best that his ideals were just in the right just executed poorly.

-Micchi was an interesting one. The finale episode I gueeeesss was enough to redeem the character but he did some big betrayals this whole series. I was expecting him to honestly not make it out of the series alive with all the stuff he did. Was really expecting the Yomi Arms to kill him in the fight with Kouta

-Kouta is a good protagonist and one of the stronger ones that Ive seen. Veeeeery curious to see how things turn out with him getting back to earth and whatnot. Given the Gaim Drive crossover and that he is in the Dr. Pacman movie and Heisei Generations Final without any of the broken Golden Fruit powers wondering how theyll bring him back.

-Oren Pierre Alfonzo is a beautiful man

-MVP IS TAKATORA HE JUST WANTED TO BE A GOOD BROTHER AND SAVE THE WORLD AND HE GOT THE BIG BETRAYALS BY EVERYONE
Also his character was just great as well they really did a good job building him up through the whole shabang.

Messy spoiler talk above~ I know Im missing stuff probs but that is just some stuff that came to mind off the top of my head.
Ryoma is lowkey the best character from Gaim and easily the best crazy/evil scientist from the franchise. So over the top.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
What is the issue with TV-Nihon?
Aside from the excessive use of curse words when im 95% sure thats not what they said.
People don't like the effects they use or how TV Nihon doesn't translate certain words. Really, I don't care that much. If I can understand what's going on, we're good. Although, the font they used in the Ex Aid movie needed to be changed.

Mr. Mug

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Aside from the excessive use of curse words when im 95% sure thats not what they said.

Most of their really bad releases are quite old and while they've improved a lot over the years they are still mostly meh compared to say Over-Time. Their typesetting and effects have gotten even worse over the years as well as all the people who were kind of good at that kind of stuff left the group. Also lots and lots of untranslated japanese.

I find them kind of unwatchable because of the typesetting and the untranslated japense but your mileage may vary. I wouldn't say they're terrible just surprisingly mediocre for how long they've been at this (mind you the last full ep of tvn I watched was Kamen Rider Drive ep 1). It's just a shame that they're the only group for a lot of mid 2000s toku as some of those releases are terrible in pretty much every way imaginable even compared to other fansubs of the time.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México

In addition to what jwk94 said, it is also my understanding that sometimes they may commit translation errors, and they also leave all honorifics in. I'm sure others will have specific examples of this.

Excite Subs posted last week that they are working on finishing True Ending, so maybe in April it will be released.

Pocket Sand

Jan 8, 2018
New Jersey
In addition to what jwk94 said, it is also my understanding that sometimes they may commit translation errors.
So one thing I noticed while watching Gaim was with how two subbing groups translated Ryomas name.
Nihon would always do Sengoku Ryoma but one subbing group switched it to Ryoma Warring cause that was what they were translating Sengoku into which was in their translation from the OP.
Also with the Niho sub I know I literally just said this before but they do a lot of cursing I think when is isnt needed. Excluding when a character would say ふざけんな fuzakenna but there have been times where someone would just say 貴様 kisama and they would translate that to HARD potty mouth talk.

Personally I dooooont really mind the subs at times. Im kinda used to japanese being kept in like when the arms and such were being called out.
It was dicey with Wizard and I think Ghost at times with the transformations I recall with Ghost Nihon would leave in the Japanese for some of the eyecons. They're very hit or miss at times but I suppose at the end of the day it gets the job done.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally caught up with last week and this week episode of Build and Lupat. Lupat is okay though it was nice to see more character development for red pataranger.

Me when finding out that Sawa was the traitor;

im_shocked.gif

Come on writers you pulled that stunt already and Sawa was pretty much awol from the show for a while till you suddenly pulled the traitor angle...again.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Regarding Micchy

I expected him to live since everything he did had no consequences. He always failed throughout at doing anything to anyone. Even almost killing Takatora really only happened in a duel to the death issued by Takatora himself. He was pretty bad after a certain point, but his lack of effectiveness made it clear they were intending some kind of redemption for him.

Watch Movie Wars Full Throttle too (Gaim x Drive) since it's a better epilogue to Gaim than that final episode.

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the new Ninja Steel finally. Still boring, even with the attempt at a cliffhanger.
It's silly how they end on "we only have one day", but instead of waiting a week, it's going to be several months because hiatus.
The summer will probably be spent hyping up the anniversary episode.

coredecepts

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Dairanger. The last 15 episodes or so were all really good. I like how pretty much each ranger had a personal connection with someone (my watching group called them social links). It made for much less filler, and good ongoing storylines. That was a great series.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm finally getting around to watching Kamen Rider Ichigo the movie. Considering how much of a flop Ghost was and I've hated every single Ghost film so far.... pray4me

EDIT: Great movie, damn shame Ghost had to be integral to the story.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I liked the beginning of that movie, with
Hongo fighting crime and Nova Shocker vs original Shocker
, but then afterwards you get depressed Hongo and Nova Shocker's plan is completely derailed by
their leader getting possessed by Alexander.
. Then it just becomes a really long fighting scene... which could be good but isn't that fun when the director is Kaneda, who somehow makes the action look worse than on tv.

This movie buried his reputation enough they hid Osamu Kaneda's name from CSHT's marketing the next year.

Repose

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't posted in here for a bit. I finally caught up on all the Build Episodes I missed. It's been very FUNKY.
28 episodes in and it's still fantastic. Build is shaping up to be the best Phase 2 Kamen Rider for me. Maybe even the best Kamen Rider in general.
Ya boy just got his first Kamen Rider Belt woo~

Ghost wasn't perfect but I liked there I said it
I can't tell you to not spend money on things that make you happy, but I can judge you harshly for it. Smh

Pocket Sand

Jan 8, 2018
New Jersey
Oh, reading the spoiler made me think that you bought the Ghost Driver. I take back my judgement. The Build Driver is pretty neato.
LOL that was to all of the posts about Ghost earlier. Ghost isnt perfect but I still enjoyed like... 75% of it. Not enough to grab the Driver though that things like 100+ on Amazon.
My one and done for drivers was the Build Driver.
But Ghost's SH Figuart was only 20 bucks on Amazon when I bought it thats resting softly on my desk hue hue hue

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm finally almost done with Kyuranger, I'm only halfway through episode 43 and I already know where this is going. So here's the question thats always been bugging me since they first introduced it.
Why don't they just use the damn Gemini Kyutama? It has the limit of creating one clone at a time but thats usually enough, and even then Lucky made it clear that clones can make clones. The Gemini doesnt appear to have a limit to being overused, like the Tokei Kyutama or Kogitsune Kyutama. I understand if they keep relying on the Gemini that it would undermine a lot of things and make the show boring, but I feel like in scenarios like the "someone needs to stay behind" someone would be like "Have you forgot we have the best powers in the universe and can make/leave a clone?" I highly doubt the clone would go into a mental breakdown being left behind since they're original bodies are so willing to die to save the universe if called upon. Hell, Champ, problem solved, he knows he's a robot and I think a clone of a robot won't think it's unfair to trade a temporary existence for the entire universe. Then theres Shishi Red Orion. I don't know how many times I wish he would use the Gemini and comepletley pummel Jark Matter into the ground, considered what one can do, I can't fathom what 20 would do.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
That Ex-Aid movie was shameful, they didn't have plot for a 30 minute ep let alone an hour

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Cloning powers in Tokusatsu will always be my least favorite power. It's the same suit, inconsistently used, and usually didn't bring anything to the choreography.

Status
Not open for further replies.