TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
the question is if MS will put BIG flagships on Switch/Nintendo beyond MineCraft

and if so then would it require some registration into the Xbox ecosystem of any sort? (like how Square Enix accounts existed for most of their games at one point, etc...)

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rare Relpay and Forza were both rumored more than once by different sources. Forza might also just be Street given references to Switch were found in the code. Gears I've only seen mentioned once as part of the 4chan leak that originally said Ori and Cuphead as well early last year.

And no, the Halo rumors have pointed to MCC a few times.
Dunno about MCC. The development is already struggling with PC, I have a hard time seeing it coming to switch anytime soon.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Just give me console streaming to the switch and I'm straight

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Microsoft and Rare should develop Banjo 3 and release it for Xbox/Switch, they could get some much needed support from Nintendo by doing that. Everybody wins. I think.

Oct 26, 2017
I can see Halo MCC working on Switch if they use the OG versions; Halo 1 and 2 OG Xbox, and 3 and 4 from 360. That should fit in a 32GB cart that Nintendo will HAPPILY assist with like they apparently did for The Witcher 3.

Honestly it'd be a fool's errand to try and port down the XBO versions, when far better results would be from the OG versions at 1080p and 60fps. Armature, Sabre, or Panic Button maybe can do all four ports. Sabre can work as they already work on the games (mainly on multiplayer?). Armature also helps out the newer games, but Sabre is full of Switch experience by now, it should be cake.

Armature would be better fit to develop an exclusive entry if one ever happens. I mean you got the Metroid Prime leads there, who better?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
The original Forza Horizon would be a good fit for the Switch. I would definitely double dip for that. Original Halo CE would also be a great fit.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Did you ever notice Nintendo has given absolutely nothing to MS at all?

Not even a single .jpg

That's because Nintendo won't benefit to porting their ips to xbox. Microsoft however does benefit by putting their games on Swi

Got ya covered (get it):

blue_dragon_nintendo_switch_boxart_by_goldmetalsonic_ddkpmwt-fullview.png

I'm SO happy with this relationship. Bring on ALL of MS's Japanese and family-oriented IPs to Switch. Match made in heaven! :D

What do I have to do to get Blue Dragon ported to Switch? I want it way more than Halo.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Rare Replay is not happening. At all. Half of It works thanks to Xbox 360 BC. Microsoft isn't doing a 360 emulator for the switch just to port it.
I could see Forza Street happening but frankly i dont think even microsoft remembers its a thing.
Well no, Rare Replay as is isn't happening. I think if it does it'll probably include a somewhat different lineup of emulated titles.

If Forza happens hopefully it'll be based around the Horizon titles.

Velezcora

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Well no, Rare Replay as is isn't happening. I think if it does it'll probably include a somewhat different lineup of emulated titles.

If Forza happens hopefully it'll be based around the Horizon titles.

It makes sense to sell the Rare games separately anyway. MS will probably put Banjo-Kazooie HD on Switch like they did on 360. As separate digital releases. If they sell well we might get others.

Maybe they'll do a physical Rare collection after the games are all ported

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
It makes sense to sell the Rare games separately anyway. MS will probably put Banjo-Kazooie HD on Switch like they did on 360. As separate digital releases. If they sell well we might get others.

Maybe they'll do a physical Rare collection after the games are all ported
I think the best route for Rare Replay on Switch would be working with Nintendo directly and also including some of their owned titles in the collection (DKC1-3, DKR, DK64, maybe SFA). They could also just focus on Nintendo platforms (NES, SNES, N64, GB/GBA) for the other titles and it'd be a good way to differentiate from the Xbox collection while keeping the cost down by just having several platforms to work on (which NERD could maybe even give them native emulators for).

Going back to Forza for a sec, I think I'd love to see a Ridge Racers style collection of remixed tracks and vehicles from the Horizon games as a bit of a celebration from the (sub) series. Call it Forza Horizons even as a nod to RRs PSP, seems like something that'd be right up Sumo Digital's alley and something that'd make a good release on Xbox and Windows too.

Velezcora

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I think the best route for Rare Replay on Switch would be working with Nintendo directly and also including some of their owned titles in the collection (DKC1-3, DKR, DK64, maybe SFA). They could also just focus on Nintendo platforms (NES, SNES, N64, GB/GBA) for the other titles and it'd be a good way to differentiate from the Xbox collection while keeping the cost down by just having several platforms to work on (which NERD could maybe even give them native emulators for).

Going back to Forza for a sec, I think I'd love to see a Ridge Racers style collection of remixed tracks and vehicles from the Horizon games as a bit of a celebration from the (sub) series. Call it Forza Horizons even as a nod to RRs PSP, seems like something that'd be right up Sumo Digital's alley and something that'd make a good release on Xbox and Windows too.

I really want those xbox games on Switch though. They can put Donkey Kong Country on NSO. Don't need a Nintendo themed Rare Replay.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've always thought MS should relicense all the cars and music for the first Forza Horizon, that's a 360 game, so they can relist the game back on the Xbox Store and it's already BC and X enhanced to 4k so Xbox owners can buy the game, as well as port it to the Switch and be the best arcade sim-ish racing game on the system

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I really want those xbox games on Switch though. They can put Donkey Kong Country on NSO. Don't need a Nintendo themed Rare Replay.
I mean, they could still always do a dedicated Banjo Kazooie Collection or Viva Pinata Collection on Switch as well and those would do great. I think it's bit odd none of the DKC titles are on NSO yet too.

Puffball

Jan 16, 2018
The guy/people who leaked Ori and Cuphead did say that Gamepass would be coming to Switch in some form in the future. Wouldn't surprise me if xCloud is used to get this to work.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Once again. Nintendo is a platform holder that accepts games from nearly everyone.
What did Nintendo do special in this case? Took no fees from Ms?
Ms put cup head on switch. Nintendo took 30% cut like usual.
Fin.

Unprecedented partnership.
I agree with your point here but use a better example. MS didn't put Cuphead on Switch.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
If it means negotiating with Nintendo to potentially resurrect the cancelled GoldenEye XBL remake for both Switch and XB then hell yeah, let's do it.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Microsoft has released games on Nintendo handhelds in the past, so it wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft put some of its current IPs on Switch as a means of reaching a larger audience.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it means negotiating with Nintendo to potentially resurrect the cancelled GoldenEye XBL remake for both Switch and XB then hell yeah, let's do it.
I think the goldeneye dream is dead because of the IP rights. Not that it's difficult to get but is it worth it since they'll lose it eventually?

Apr 21, 2018
Once again. Nintendo is a platform holder that accepts games from nearly everyone.
Fin.

What does Microsoft have to lose? They ported games that were/are years old.

I have a feeling if they had the lead that Sony did this generation, they'd be less inclined to branch out like this, but getting their series exposed to wider audiences can't hurt, especially given their cloud-based strategy going forward.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Studio MDHR still needed Microsoft's approval for the port. It's why Nintendo publicly thanked Microsoft for the game. It's also why the game ain't on PlayStation 4.
I know this. I was referring to who Nintendo would be taking the 30% cut from (i.e. the Publisher).

(It doesn't seem like MS published the game on any platform. It was part of their ID@Xbox initiative, which " enables qualified game developers of all sizes to unleash their creativity by self-publishing digital games on Xbox One and Windows 10 with Xbox Live ". This is why the needed permission to put the game on Switch. )

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
good bring down the walled garden that consoles used to represent and put an end to the console war
Console war will just be replaced by the ecosystem war: see Android and iOS. Google and Apple have some of their apps on the competing OS, but they still compete over the services and ecosystem, which end up playing better on their own, individual platforms. It's going to be the same with console makers and their hardware. Especially since they're going actually competing with mobile OS's given that the traditional gaming experience is more and more possible on these devices each year.

Oct 26, 2017
Another port I'd LOVE to see is Age of Empires 2: definitive Edition. The DS got the game and now's the perfect chance to bring it to Switch as well. :P

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Fin.

Microsoft said : Yes let's do that.
Quite the accomplishment.

The amazing work from each studio porting is what made real work.

But yes, there is no "Nintendo game on xbox" (yet?).

Jan 4, 2018
It's like saying did you ever notice Ms has given absolutely nothing to Netflix.
People still don't seem to understand that console hardware is becoming the past in the eyes of these companies.
Well, you can play Minecraft: Story Mode on Netflix (actually it's the only platform where you can play it at this time unless you bought it before it was pulled from the stores)
The original Forza Horizon would be a good fit for the Switch. I would definitely double dip for that. Original Halo CE would also be a great fit.
While technically Switch could run it being a 360 game, it was pulled about 2yr ago from the store, and if they haven't taken the time to renegociate the licenses so they can sell it again (even though they took the time to update it for the X) I don't think it's very likely they'll do it for a port.
I'm pretty sure the "exploring Switch" relates to xCloud as that interests both parties
MS gains exposure, and potential subs.
Nintendo gains 3rd party AAA that can't run (or it can but with too many compromises) on Switch and MS was gonna put it on mobiles either way, not accepting it on Switch can be negative for them if a lot of people decides they don't need a Switch for portability when they can already play "real" games on the phone they already have (yeah, streaming, but I wonder if the more casual market actually cares of native vs streaming if it's viable and way cheaper/convenient)