Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The one leak said we were getting "Doom Year Zero" or whatever it was called, so would make sense.

Not an announcement that would change my current opinion of Xbox though.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Doom: Year One or whatever it was called in those Microsoft leaks?

Saw a clip of John Romero at the Game BAFTAs saying he was hyped for the next DOOM.

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
New Doom announcements are now just a reminder of how Mick Gordon got fucked over by the studio and we won't hear his sweet Doom tunes anymore...

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
Let's hope in they announce a new game it will be releasing within a year and not a cgi trailer of a game far from release

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I'm surprised we're getting another Doom so soon. It felt like they were ready to move on with the way they were rushing through the story in Eternal's DLC

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
I thought id would try their hand at a new Quake game before another DOOM after Eternal. I wonder if that Quake 6 teaser during the Indiana Jones game reveal means Machine Games is working on it instead of id.

I can't wait to see what a new DOOM game looks like after Eternal.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Doom Eternal took a little under 4 years after Doom 2016 to release, and it's been over 3 years since The Ancient Gods wrapped up. Makes sense we'll see the next game soon.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
PLEASE!

Please be more 2016 than Eternal

Yeah i'm so curious how they tackle a new doom. It's hard to build on Eternal. It feels like they pushed the combat to its limit in a way I loved, but you can't really go further. It already pushes me to my absolute limit.

I'm curious if they go back to the 2016 model and instead build on it in a different direction or something.

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024
Cant wait to play this game!!

Question is... This "new doom game" or any new doom game in the future will be.... Multiplatform? (Ps5?) only xbox and pc? tomwarren any opinion/ thoughts?

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
We are going to have a looot of CGI new games "world premieres" this June, aren't we?

Regarding Doom it will be a hard decision to me. On one hand I want to support iD because they are amazing and they deserve it, but on the other hand I don't want to support Micro at all. Let's see.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
I honestly don't want them to do another DOOM game, both games were amazing and I feel they did everything they could already. I mean already DOOM Eternal had all the same weapons and upgrades. Go remake Quake instead and give it the same care you gave to DOOM, let it rest a few years then go back to it, it's too soon.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
get it on the fire sale when Xbox decides to shut down iD in 3 years time, who knows maybe it'll be on that months Humble Bundle.

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024
Curious if this will be XBox console exclusive.
All doom games were not big sellers, and all their games of that franchise have been multiplatform, in my opinion, making that IP exclusive to a platform that has stagnation problems would be detrimental to the IP, hopefully they select the best outcome possible for the future of the IP

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised we're getting another Doom so soon. It felt like they were ready to move on with the way they were rushing through the story in Eternal's DLC

assuming another one is in production Doom Eternal will probably be about half a decade old by time the new one releases. though the pandemic skews that to being "too soon" somewhat

does seem with Eternal and the DLC they were bowing out with DOOM for some time but they probably had a lot of other ideas running parallel to that

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If Microsoft earnestly intend to use a franchise named doom as a part of the turnaround ... I mean, I guess it's not the worst plan from a search engine optimisation perspective to try and couple the world doom + Xbox to something else, but it's also going to get them memed to hell and back.

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Eternal and its DLCs set up a lot of stuff about things beyond heaven/hell as it was portrayed. That, plus Hugo's comments about how they had a plan for the next Doom to feel different from Eternal the same way Eternal felt different from 2016, makes me think they know where they want to go for the next Doom even if it's possible that isn't the project they're currently working on.

Kinda felt that it would be an Eternal sequel as well, 'Year Zero' might be a bit of a misnomer. I kinda felt that Doomguy would awake to a universe that has went to shit in a very different way than it did before. 'Year Zero' not really meaning a hard reboot or prequel, but more like a new beginning.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Hinting at potential game announcement with an article about studio closures is fucking weird my man

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
If Microsoft earnestly intend to use a franchise named doom as a part of the turnaround ... I mean, I guess it's not the worst plan from a search engine optimisation perspective to try and couple the world doom + Xbox to something else, but it's also going to get them memed to hell and back.

I think all the games are part of the turnaround and he is just leaking Doom.