JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's pretty agonizing to be tepid about the announcement of a new game in one of my favorite franchises because the owner of that franchise is a fucking ghoul factory.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. Andrew is really good. He also did the music for DUSK and Amid Evil.

Look, Mick Gordon is good but it's not like Doom cannot exist without him. People think he's Kojima or something lol

People seen to forget that id has a history of great soundtracks. The OG Doom games, Quake 1, Quake 2 were all outstanding.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
ID's last Doom title before being sent to the COD mines.

Seriously though, I think ID could make an amazing COD campaign.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
People seen to forget that id has a history of great soundtracks. The OG Doom games, Quake 1, Quake 2 were all outstanding.
I'll admit at this point only Sonic Mayhem doing the next Doom OST would get me excited. But given how ID has treated Mick, and completely butchered Eternal's OST release, I have no faith in them.

radardi

Nov 26, 2022
I hope for a new quake instead of new doom :( where is the quake 4 sequel that everyone is waiting for!

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
If Doom stays RIP AND TEAR then I would wish for Quake to be a slower experience, maybe more horror like.

CopyOfACopy

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif
No mick…
Microsoft…..

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
So, is it no longer considered port begging because Microsoft ported 4 games?

HorseFD

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
I'm surprised they'd release another Doom game when a new Quake was heavily rumoured.

I'll be very interested to see what platforms it's announced for.

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Strategy changed not that long ago. Highly likely that for most of the development it has been done with just Xbox and PC in mind. Could come to PlayStation at a later date but I doubt it'd be day one.
I don't know - It's not likely that they've rewritten their engine in which case the fact that the previous games are already on PS5 means it's pretty likely this is not much of a hurdle.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
If we are seeing Doom Zero or whatever was leaked last year, then that gives me hope we will see Fallout 3 remastered or Oblivion remaster/remake this year.

I'm cool with doom though, Eternal was fun and 2016 was a masterpiece so I'm interested in whatever they do with it next.

Oct 27, 2017
It won't happen, but I am going to cross my fingers and hope for something more like classic Doom. Like a blend of Doom 3 and 2016.

Also bring back the either the classic Doom music, or the Playstation/N64 style music. I like both of those more than the modern soundtracks.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I'm up for anything after 2016 and Eternal, but 1) it still won't wash out the bad taste of MS shenanigans over the last few months and 2) the idea of naming it Year Zero makes me irrationally angry for some reason

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
I am quite sure nobody who doesn't work at Microsoft has any idea what Machine is working on after Indiana Jones.

Was in the NVIDIA leak and was on their white board during the Indiana Jones segment of the Dev Direct.

Certain is a strong term, but it looks pretty damn likely that they've been working on it in parallel.

Jun 25, 2022
Doom eternal and Wolfenstein The New Colossus were good with RT maxed on PC but consoles lacked some features. I hope this one will have max RT on PS5 Pro. I love to play this console even if it is FPS cus there is good fun to play with controller.
Yeah I'm really interested in how much they push the visuals.

Hopefully they're going for a darker aesthetic again.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
1. Eternal's gameplay
2. 2016's "narrative" and atmosphere/tone
3. ???
4. Profit

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever do right by Mick Gordon? I've heard nothing on the subject of the mess with the soundtrack behind the scenes mess since... whenever that was.