• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you showed me these mixed in with the last tomb raider game shots id think thy were the exact same game. It doesnt look bad but just saying seems like same old stuff. Guess i have to see more.

Apr 20, 2018
Looks to be more of the same, which is fine by me. Starting Rise this weekend! Pretty excited to catch up, as the reboot is one of my favorite games in recent memory.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
DbvfZTHVwAEA5Ok.jpg:large

This one is very Uncharted 4.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, of course! And the Day of the Dead aesthetic is a beautiful one! I love it! Im just growing tired of this recent trend that if its set in Mexico its on that day. I prefer that than drugdealers but before that it was Luchadores. Mexico is much more than a beautiful celebration thats once a year.
Also the game is coming out before October/November so it'll line up with the holiday.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Looks kinda eh. Will give it a try, but I really feel this series needs another reboot at this point.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Liking the vibe/atmosphere these are giving off... first game was such a pleasant surprise, and I thoroughly enjoyed Rise, so unless they really mess something up, I'll be there day one for this!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The settings look pretty interesting, and I enjoyed the last two Tomb Raider's so I'm looking forward to this one as well.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Should've been Tomb Raider 3, screen-shots. But, nice reference. Thought i was just entering another lame pun thread of screenshots of the OG Tomb Raider. Looks Good, still haven't played rise but i recently replayed the reboot and found a new appreciation of it, i'll get to the second soon.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks as expected really, perhaps a little expansion like but wait and see what it's like in motion and the new things they've added. Hope it's more fun than the last one.

I wonder if they changed her face, maybe jumping the gun but of what you can see, looks different.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The island shots looks hilariously similar to UC4's.

Anyway, very excited for it! Still need to play ROTTR tho :/

sinny

Oct 28, 2017
I don't like it at all artistically. It's like bullshots from a 360 era game ( hitman absolution, splinter cell conviction...) , and i don't remember thinking that about Rise.
I will play it anyway. Even after the meh experience that Rise was.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping it stays moving forward like TR2013/UC rather than the sidequesting of Rise. And bring the creepy shit back.

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
"Increase contrast to blow out the shadows and highlight and oversharpen the images"

Hopefully the real game looks more balanced though.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The graphics just based on the screenshots are very unflattering to be honest.

Does anyone know if the developer has been confirmed? I remember hearing rumours it was eidos Montreal or something.

Oct 25, 2017
Those screens look way too clean but whatever, the reboot was good and the sequel was alright so I'll give it a look. I hope it's closer to the Tomb Raider 2013 than Rise of the Tomb Raider, sick of crafting arrows and weapon upgrades in every other modern game. That shit's boring as fuck.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
I disagree. I can already tell it looks quite a bit better than Rise. Can't wait to see the trailer tomorrow.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This reminds me of the press bullshots that Ubisoft used to release a decade ago. Not that they look unrealistic, but that they're very specifically composed. They look like concept art.

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I have to see these shots on my Surface because they look absolutely fine on my phone, but after seeing all these complaints ......

After that teaser I was expecting Mayan temples and we'll probably go there but it's clear we get city parts too. But I don't mind, diversity is good.