MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I have a great PC this time, I can't wait to play it properly. The previous game ran like shit on my old PC.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
but is there dual pistols?

ask the hard questions please.

Also, is this multiplat or timed exclusive again?

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like UC4 for me LMAO. Some screenshots her hair is worst than other, did they disable that AMD tech?

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I'm just tired of the gritty color palette. As pretty as Rise looked, alot of the areas were too dull.

Now this looks better!!

DbvfEihU0AAd0f0.jpg:large
I swear Nathan Drakes already been there, you're too late Lara!

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like UC4 for me LMAO. Some screenshots her hair is worst than other, did they disable that AMD tech?
Nope, still the same tech. But it's procedurally generated and the amount of hair strands is dependent on available resources (i.e. cutscenes usually have a lot of strands, but gameplay in resource-hungry areas have much less so), so sometimes the difference in hair detail can be noticed in stills or when Lara is really close to the camera. This was also in Rise.

Jerykk

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Is that a grappling hook I see in one of the screenshots? Did they bring back the grappling hook from TR:U? Because that would be great. Lara's traversal repertoire has been severely limited in the reboots and is in dire need of expansion. I want freeform swinging and pole walking and wall-running and wall-jumping back. Also, 6DOF swimming please. None of the half-assed swimming seen in RotR.

On a side note, funny how none of the screenshots show her face. I'm guessing that's still very much a work-in-progress and won't be finalized until right before the game goes gold. Also, her blue jeans + white shirt outfit makes her look like a female Nathan Drake. Probably appropriate given the new direction of the series...

GoldenKings

Oct 28, 2017
Uncharted 4 might have spoiled me graphics wise. Even still I'm excited to see Lara Croft finally become a Tomb Raider, officially or something.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Eh? The only thing that's left of the Lara Croft I grew up with is the pony tail. And they even got rid of her rounded hips from Rise now. At this point Nathan Drake has more curves. Boring design.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope I'm not being a dick but if you told me those were from the earlier games I wouldn't have thought twice about it

Steven35

Oct 28, 2017
United kingdom
The screens look real nice apart from the weird overly sharp look of them.I'm really anticipating this game.Loved the other two games,but hopefully this one has more of a challenge in it's puzzle sections and a better story.

Last edited:

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Graphics look nice as expected.

I'm hoping they focus more on story and Tomb Raiding, with less focus on combat but I have a feeling Lara will still be running and gunning like Rambo, capping hundreds of nameless goons, like the last 2 games. :(

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
This game's artstyle looks so boring in those screens. Like Hitman: Absolution/Splinter Cell: Conviction levels of bland.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
looks good, i am down for another Tomb Raider, i like the gameplay better than Uncharted´s..writing is ass but gameplay is fine. Mexico is a cool location too

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
That town setting looks interesting, but I'm not very excited about all the night time pictures. I want day time and colours, to contrast the dark tombs.

Oct 25, 2017
So based on the screenshots , It is the same like the previous two games with a new location , I was hoping that eidos developing it bringing a fresh experience

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like more reboot TR alright. Doesn't stand out in the slightest.

I dunno why I was expecting different vibe and environments. I guess we'll have to wait for the new reboot for that.

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Holy hell, I missed those shot. It looks AWESOME! Latin America is a great setting for this, very interested for this.

Hopefully it will get a gamepass release rather soon.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
What's with the weird filter or grain or whatever it is that is splattered all over these pics? Make them look way worse than they actually are

Stilton Disco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Pretty enough environments, but super generic 'modern AAA', and man, they are really intent on making Lara as visually boring as they possibly can nowadays aren't they?