• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Not too worried about the gameplay being enjoyable, I just hope the story's at least decent this time. Since this series seems to absolutely want to take itself super seriously, the writing needs some level of quality or it'll just be a boring mess like the two previous games.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You might be thinking of Uncharted 4. Because if there was rope swinging in Tomb Raider, then my mind has completely forgotten it...

You can do this with the rope arrow but you also get a grapple axe for other jumps and climbing, can't find a gif but you do it quite a few times throughout.

1510894730963048878.gif

Last edited:

TehPwnerer

Oct 30, 2017
finally! Had to wait 3 years since rise for this one. It'll be great no doubt and should be poised as one the best graphical games of the gen. My 1080Ti is ready PC day 1. Wonder if the setting will be jungle-Esque this go around.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to the reveal. I love the 3rd person action adventure genre and it's a pity so few games are being made in that genre.

The previous two games were ok and enjoyable but both had their issues (story, character wise mostly). It's going to be interesting to see the influence of a new developer.

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Hopefully they got rid of the collectathon semi open world non-sense. It dragged the game down badly.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Unlikely. The end of the last game makes it seem like this one will be right after.
The games take place in the year they come out. Right after the last game, the events with Sam/Himiko took place in the comics. The most recent issue showed Lara spending at least a year going around the world and living peacefully, so I think this game will take place in 2018 if that release date is true. Still not long enough for an old Lara though since she would only be 26. :P

Oct 26, 2017
I would love to see one improvement, actual challenging tombs and puzzles. I'm sure that is possible. I've been stuck a few times in some Underworld puzzles. It was all too easy in 2013 and Rise.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll buy it. Probably not at launch or full price though. Rise was an improvement gameplay wise but I'm getting tired of Lara and the plot is boring. I wonder what hidden artifact/city we'll be looking for next and who the bad guy with a private army will be! Uncharted suffers from the same thing although they don't have an annoying main character.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
So excited about this. Enjoyed RotTR so much more than U4/TLL from a gameplay point of view, it feels far less restrictive and there's loads more exploration.
You can do this with the rope arrow but you also get a grapple axe for other jumps and climbing, can't find a gif but you do it quite a few times throughout.

1510894730963048878.gif

Yeah there's lots of this later on in the game.

I completed RotTR on Pro just over a year ago but thanks to Game Pass I got to play the X version last week and it looks absurdly good, jaw dropping in fact with the IQ off the scale. Can't wait to see what Shadow looks like on the X.

Oct 26, 2017
How about hand to hand combat this time?

God the first two games were awful in the melee department, or is it just me?

You're not the only one wanting better hand to hand. You can't really punch or kick enemies and if done well it could be a lot of fun actually.

At first when it was said it wasn't CD making the game I was afraid because in my opinion they definitely did TR justice with the TR and Rise but honestly I'm excited to see how a Eidos Montreal TR looks and plays. Maybe it's heavily inspired from the previous two games but perhaps not. Can't wait for the actual reveal, I don't expect that to be tomorrow.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Super hyped for this game. Absolutely loved Rise of the Tomb Raider, way more than I ever expected I would lol. Really hope they put alot of effort into the open world and survival aspects, aswell as adding more side content to explore. Those were my favorite parts of the game along with the story. Cant wait to see how this turns out. Just a bit cautious considering this is made by a somewhat different team than the last 2.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh for fucking Hells' Bells, she's still wearing trousers, has her dumb climbing tools and what bow.... fuck that, that's not Lara Croft. This'll be my 1st TR game I'm gonna skip if this is the case.

Rise-of-the-Tomb-Raider-classic-Lara-Croft-1000x543.jpg

Who cares if she is wearing trousers. Use a classic skin, maybe they'll have a modern classic skin. They aren't going back to classic Tomb Raider but they might add more challenge to the game. I played Underworld with the shorts outfit, a wetsuit, trousers etc. It's not the end of the world.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I hope she has the
double pistols she found in the end of the first game
with her this time. They were nowhere to be found in Rise!

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to see anything in those shots, but I already like the change of scenery and the idea of exploring Mayan ruins.
I hope she has the
double pistols she found in the end of the first game
with her this time. They were nowhere to be found in Rise!
They were in Blood Ties and Lara takes them, so she might be using them in this game.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I have a bad feeling about this...without Crystal Dynamics as the developer this has the potential to lose the magic of the first 2 games...sort of like what happened when Rocksteady wasn't involved with one of the Arkham games

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I'm down for another TR game. They're under appreciated in this day and age. Easily more fun to play than any Uncharted and Lara is actually a pretty cool character.

This will probably be the last hurrah for the franchise before another reboot. Godspeed Eidos Montreal.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Lmao it's funny that some people have issue with the fact that instead of impractical booty shorts she's wearing practical trousers and that she has tools necessary for her adventures.

And the bow is awesome.

I do agree that she NEEDS to have the damn dual pistols though, especially after the end of the dlc from Rise.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I have a bad feeling about this...without Crystal Dynamics as the developer this has the potential to lose the magic of the first 2 games...sort of like what happened when Rocksteady wasn't involved with one of the Arkham games
I have the opposite reaction. Maybe a new team can realize the potential that the first games never quite maxed out for me.

On a side note Arkham Origins > Arkham Knight.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

And Arkham Origins was best written Batman game that people didn't like because it was too similar to others. It is hard to make things worse when you have bad story and shoot everything that moves as a base.

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao it's funny that some people have issue with the fact that instead of impractical booty shorts she's wearing practical trousers and that she has tools necessary for her adventures.

And the bow is awesome.

I do agree that she NEEDS to have the damn dual pistols though, especially after the end of the dlc from Rise.
Dual pistols are just as impractical as wearing shorts or climbing free-hand, so don't be so mighty and bias. This is a fictional video game, characters can wear whatever they want and not be shunted by "MUH REALISM"

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be more fine with the new games if they have Lara back her 'tude.

Lara having hangs up about dead parents etc isn't an improvement.

Lara was most awesome when she "Only played for sport".

Status
Not open for further replies.