• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
This fall is going to be wild for the block. I have no clue what they are going to replace some of these shows with.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Boruto is the biggest wildcard on the block for me. Good episodes are very good to great, the rest are somewhere between sleep inducing and awful.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think any episodes of Boruto have been downright awful tbh. It's a pretty competent series that is alright most of the time, while getting a really good episode from time to time.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
This fall is going to be wild for the block. I have no clue what they are going to replace some of these shows with.
There's a lot of old school stuff, like Escaflowne, that they can grab and that would do well. It might finally be the time to go back to stuff that they didn't get in the mid-2000's. There's also stuff like Ushio and Tora, which is freaking custom made for the block, that they could still pick up.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Things I remember about Beware The Batman.

1. It was bad. Just...kinda all around bad. There's not really anything in the show I would point to and say it's done well.
2. I don't know what Anarky is like in the comics, but boy, he has to be more interesting there. At some point, the showrunners must have realized he sucked in the show, so they brought in Deathstroke. Either that, or they hoped Deathstroke would sell toys.
3. Magpie was in it, and she looked like Lady Gaga. Also she kicked Batman's ass a lot.

It works best when it's used as a misdirection, or when a character the audience knows is in a really bizarre situation.

Yeah, it can help set up a good mystery if done right. How did X character end up in Y situation.

It really depends entirely on how you do it. There's a huge amount of stuff that needs to be done when a story opens and that just adds to it. Do it right and it's really freaking awesome and I do think it's fair to say that, while Gen:Lock did it poorly, that most do get it right.

That's fair.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of old school stuff, like Escaflowne, that they can grab and that would do well. It might finally be the time to go back to stuff that they didn't get in the mid-2000's. There's also stuff like Ushio and Tora, which is freaking custom made for the block, that they could still pick up.
Basically the only shows close to guarantees the block has going forward are the next Dragon Ball, the second season of Mob Psycho, SAO Alicization 2, and Jim Jam Part V. They've also almost completely distanced themselves from repeats besides AoT, which has been one of the more consistent shows ratings wise. The block right now is 5 straight hours of broadcast premieres.

Meanwhile they have seven shows in development but none of them far enough into production to even expect for 2020 with our current knowledge.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
e4d97947d2723d96027a580c17ecf3acaad0ee9f_hq.gif

The train is taking off tomorrow. ALL ABOARD!

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they put old shows on the block, its clear theyve moved in a direction that doesnt support old stuff, if it did then Outlaw Star would have had a similar old age replacement at somepoint.

Nagging things like Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer) months early, shows with only three week lead time with engsubs like Fire Force and BLack Clover, honestly strongly suggests and highly implies what the direction of toonami is. I fully expected CR will get more of its shows like Rise of the Shield Hero onto the block, and OPM s2 is a shoe in when Viz gets that thing together.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Noelle Silva

Member of the Black Bulls, specializes in water magic. Had no control over her vast magical powers as a youth which is why no other group would take her, but it proved to be something of a mental block with her worrying about hurting others. The fairly generic Tsundere who is madly in love with the main character that ignores her for his childhood love interest...who has no interest in him. Not above throwing around an insult to commoners she's generally still one of the few noble characters who isn't outright evil. She's cool in my book for calling Pasta Salad Dorksta.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I watched all of incel hero out of morbid curiosity and its a shame that a show with a great dub and decent animation has to be ruined by a thoroughly unwholesome promotion of slavery and misogyny.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Basically the only shows close to guarantees the block has going forward are the next Dragon Ball, the second season of Mob Psycho, SAO Alicization 2, and Jim Jam Part V. They've also almost completely distanced themselves from repeats besides AoT, which has been one of the more consistent shows ratings wise. The block right now is 5 straight hours of broadcast premieres.

Meanwhile they have seven shows in development but none of them far enough into production to even expect for 2020 with our current knowledge.
This is kinda why I expect them to dip into the recent past in order to get by. Stuff people might have seen, but has never been on TV before.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
The Clown Prince of Saiyans loves to talk that good shit at the minor leagues, but when it comes to the majors, he chokes.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I missed the block on Saturday because of Triplemania and Evo watching, and I only managed to watch Boruto yesterday in the downtime between SF5 and Tekken. That said, the episode through me for a fucking loop, and I was wondering if I was on drugs or something

-"hey, the hostages are saved, so now that it's just PREVENTING A SUICIDE BOMBING it's ok for you children to take care of"
-"something something game workers need to unionize or something"
-"boy, you are a bad terrorist"

What a fucking WERID episode of a show that from everything we have seen up to now seems more like it was designed to be enjoyed by 10 year olds

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball is one of the only shows where I see people get mad that the main character is going to beat the main villain. I blame Gohan.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
remember when Arlong locked Nami's mom in the dungeon and then everybody forgot about her after Arlong's ass was kicked?

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball is one of the only shows where I see people get mad that the main character is going to beat the main villain. I blame Gohan.
it's because the show is generally just one on one fights, with the other characters just standing around

that's why the best fight in Z is the Vegeta fight on Earth, because it took Goku, Gohan, Krillin and Yajirobe to bring him down

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
it's because the show is generally just one on one fights, with the other characters just standing around

that's why the best fight in Z is the Vegeta fight on Earth, because it took Goku, Gohan, Krillin and Yajirobe to bring him down
not to mention the actual one on one being hype as hell and not overly long either

Oct 25, 2017
Manga-wise the Freeza fight is better. The anime killed the pacing when it adapted it, and it's way shorter in the actual manga.

Not even Kai could remedy everything about it.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Death threats and other vile bits of hate speech against people and developers going over to Epic Game Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.