• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I did a spit take the first time I watched next week's Black Clover.

Also System Call: Generate Luminous Element: Better Avatar.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
That weird feeling of coming home & realizing there's no HxH episode to get ready to watch when I wake up.

I guess I'll still watch MHA despite already seeing it subbed just so I can follow along with the reactions when reading them. I've decided to just skip Gundam since IBO & Unicorn did so little for me & having to watch it by myself will be even harder for me to deal with.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of the AoT dub (which I really dislike) I'm kinda not into this lineup. I liked Lupin 5, but I'm not enjoying it as much rewatching it even though the dub is good. Guess I'll give Food Wars a shot, but I'm mostly interested in the Gundam show as I've never gotten into Gundam. Of course they dump it into the 3:00 am slot.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
Here are some interesting Easter eggs and foreshadowing that were in the second ED for Promised Neverland:
(click to enlarge)

Here you can see little kid versions of Emma, Norman, Ray, and a baby Lannion.

Here is young Isabella on the day before her shipment as well as Norman's string telephone:

Here is straight up the scene of Isabella and Lesley together from the final episode:

Lastly, I like that the ED ends on a shot is of Ray's photos with the final photo being the one he took of his mom:

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017

Toei is finally getting around to making that Sailor Moon movie they announced like 4/5 years ago, but they had to keep delaying huh?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
In the latest dub episode of Black Clover Monica Rial did enough yelling for a Broly audition tape.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
That reminds me does Adult Swim have all of TPN on their website? I want to watch it again.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Toonami |OT| our first morning(without hunter x Hunter)

Oct 25, 2017
Last nights AoT was really fucking good. Eren and Mikasa wanting to save their friend that they've been with since they were like 6 is perfectly fair, and it's not like their points are wrong. Armin has been extremely valuable to the scouts. Likewise, Levi and Hange wanting to save Erwin makes a ton of sense too. He's someone the two respect immensely, and they probably wouldn't of made it as far as they did without him as a leader. I'm also pretty sure if Armin and Erwin were there they would of told the scouts to save the one that wasn't them.

Oct 25, 2017
Last night was a great night of Toonami <3

*Reads schedule for next week*

Holy shit next weekend we reach the basement?!?!?!

tenor.gif

Is the manga over? Is another season of 13-26 episodes enough to finish it off? Has it been confirmed who is doing it if WIT isn't on board? The last thing we need is another OPM S2 ordeal....
Should be joining the list of the many other anime that finished in the same year, or close to the same time as the manga finished as Shingeki is in the final arc.

Nothing doesnt state number of episodes or even if it will just do its own odd number of episodes and partial seasons/ course. Final Season prt 1 prt2 etc...

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Last nights AoT was really fucking good. Eren and Mikasa wanting to save their friend that they've been with since they were like 6 is perfectly fair, and it's not like their points are wrong. Armin has been extremely valuable to the scouts. Likewise, Levi and Hange wanting to save Erwin makes a ton of sense too. He's someone the two respect immensely, and they probably wouldn't of made it as far as they did without him as a leader. I'm also pretty sure if Armin and Erwin were there they would of told the scouts to save the one that wasn't them.
It's pretty ironic that Floch ended up playing a big part in Levi's choice to save Armin. If he never brought up the devil analogy then he might have still gone through with it :P

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Grex, put me on the podcast sometime in the next few weeks so I can shit on SAO after I said I had... "hopes" the last time I was on.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I still say they should have brought Erwin back

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
0e670c64225301bb284d01718ea7682654a520ddr1-540-268_00.gif

Isabella's smug levels were off the charts

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Played more of Bloodstained.

I feel giving backers the option to pony up more dough to get their faces in the game via paintings that attack you was an idea that maybe went a bit too far.

There's way, way too many of them.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the boiling point of gold is 4892 degrees Fahrenheit...that's pretty hot.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised that AoT Season 3 is already over. Thought it would go on for a few more episodes.
Either way, the second half of this season is 10/10 worthy.
It's not a spoiler to say that the last four episodes are all great.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I avoided watching this while TPN was still airing but now that its over I could finally watch it and other here can as well:

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Isabella is so good

also that Amanda Winn Lee thread went to absolute shit I see

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Also please don't ship the kids together DTL they're siblings come on

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really a creative person, but I always imagined if I were to write a storyline with a villain, I would plan out the villain's character and motivation first before the protagonist. Reason being, the villain creates the conflict the protagonist has to eventually overcome. Oftentimes the villain's actions are a catalyst for what pushes a protagonist into action in the first place.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a sympathetic or redeemable motivation, but at least make it sensible and interesting.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Sword Art Online: Alicization - 23 - Administrator
1:00 - Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma - 1 - The Vast Wasteland
1:30 - Black Clover - 77 - Bad Blood
2:00 - Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - 38 - Formation of the Three-Man Squad?
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 257 - Meeting

Later.
Jesus, what did we do to deserve this?

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, the first season of Shokugeki isn't bad. It's dumb fun if you are fine with a bit of ecchi. The dub might ruin any goodwill it has though.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Just occurred to me this year's villains have been on a roll. Kira from Jojo, The King from HxH, and now throw in Isabelle from Promised Neverland.

Hey, the first season of Shokugeki isn't bad. It's dumb fun if you are fine with a bit of ecchi. The dub might ruin any goodwill it has though.
I'd argue the 2nd season is decent as well, it's season 3 where it goes downhill.

....though yeah, the dub might dock it a few points. Which is an absolute shame, I bet Funimation would've had so much fun with their regular VAs dubbing this. I can just imagine someone like Monica Rial hamming it up with some of the lines/scenes and enjoying every minute of it.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Food Wars is a series I recommend to everyone until the Central arc happened, and even that arc I feel has a lot of good moments. The final arc is maybe one of the worst finales to any series I've read ever.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
so SAO doesn't even feel like it's near a finale. I mean theoretically they're in front of the final boss, but it hasn't ever felt like the series is building towards anything

things just kind of happen, and then people stand in one spot and talk for a while

what i'm saying is that when it's not over-the-top stupid it's just boring and isn't good at creating tension

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
so SAO doesn't even feel like it's near a finale. I mean theoretically they're in front of the final boss, but it hasn't ever felt like the series is building towards anything

things just kind of happen, and then people stand in one spot and talk for a while

what i'm saying is that when it's not over-the-top stupid it's just boring and isn't good at creating tension
Probably because it isn't nearing the end, really. We're still only in the halfway point of this arc. This season will come back in a few months.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

We still have all that shit with the dark continent invasion to deal with

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Last two episodes of SAO are already booked up but how about the episode for it's replacement.
Yeah, whenever is fine

I was under the assumption that it was a 52 episode season with a short break in the middle. However, they are taking a pretty long break between halves (It's not back this summer, so Fall is the earliest- a year after the show started), so I don't know why they didn't just say it was two seasons up front

Status
Not open for further replies.