• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
plot twist: the reason why DeMarco said they didn't have any plans to bring back One Piece is because they already were bringing it back

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
a lot of Bones staff is from sunrise so they'd be an obvious choice to make Big O S3

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Roosterteeth is another Otter Media company (basically in the same group as Crunchyroll) so I guess this makes sense. Not sure how the schedule will work for july 20 and 27 though.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still dunno how RWBY ever got popular as the first 3 seasons are largely terrible, and then most of the fan base hates seasons 4/5 (imo when the show actually got good/interesting).

I do wander if Adult Swim may get RWBY afterwards if Gen:lock does well for them. Will probably need some music videos or other specials to help fill 30-60 minutes for a tv slot.
RWBY Volumes 1 and 2 are rough but people like the cast and the action is cool.

Interesting you don't like Volume 3. It being one of the better Volumes is one of the few things the fanbase can seemingly agree on.

I would love RWBY to get that kind of exposure but Volumes 1-3 rough graphics and inconsistent episode length make me think that'd be more trouble then it's worth.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They've had TWO different series localized by viz that are part of their weekly/monthly simulpubs. Both are terrible in different ways which is amazing.

The first one only works as a companion piece to those who saw the original series

The second one is a scene for scene retelling of the cartoon but it skips important scenes and details which means it's hard to follow without context.

They both have awful artwork.

It's also getting a comic from DC.
RWBY%20Cover_5d1d0a7bec4f90.82180415.jpg

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
From what I know about Gen:lock, it seems like a fascinating show and I think it may pleasantly surprise some of y'all.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
"Funimation and Toonami are clearly breaking up!"
"Why does Demarco hate MHA so much?"
"Think this is the end of the block?"

please.jpg

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what Gen:lock is but I do know RWBY did not click with me at all.

Also I missed the post-credits scene for Food Wars due to leaving for work, there a link for the scene dubbed so I can hear how badly Sentai screwed up Erina?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017

Also I missed the post-credits scene for Food Wars due to leaving for work, there a link for the scene dubbed so I can hear how badly Sentai screwed up Erina?
like it fools you like it's going to taste good and then it like hits you over the head like a jukebox.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Huh Gen: Lock... weird.
And it's still not replacing SAO
They gotta have a replacement, unless they're doing a rerun.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

Erina's voice is about the only one I think they got perfect in the dub.

but keep in mind I think she is one of the least likable characters in anime and that the series would be far better without her in it in general :P (aka she sounds super stuck up and completely unlikable >.>)

Gen:lock is a mech show from the RWBY people.
the animation is quite a bit better than early RWBY but it's still very much a CGI series.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
To me it seems like Erina should be like an intelligent but mean type. Like: 'how dare you assault my taste buds with this noxious shit you dolt.'

Like something more like that.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
gen:Lock? Wasn't that hinted to come to Toonami from a tweet made by Rooster Teeth a few days ago?

Also the cast is insane. It's nuts how it has some high profile actors doing voice work on a RT show. Wouldn't this count as a really huge get for Toonami?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I like Erina fine later in the series.

She never grows on me, the parts that are designed to make you like her more feel really forced to me, her redemption arc in general is a collection of cliches including one of the worst ones of my parents were mean to me, and finally I blame the existence of her father on her because he wouldn't have been created in the way he was if he didn't actually need to be worse than Erina to make her seem better :/

When the show focused harder on her and her father the quality plummeted, would have been way better if she was just written off and focused on the good characters instead :P

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Food Wars only has one good character though.
Nah Food Wars have plenty of good characters. Not really any great characters, but plenty of good ones.
Isshiki is obviously one of the best though :P

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Next week on the award winning Black Clover; In a world where magic is everything, Asta, born without magic powers and his teammates Mimosa Vermillion and "Xerx Lugner" face off against Mimosa's brother Kirsch Vermillion, Magna, and Sol Badguy in the first match of the second round! Will Asta and Co. show the true power of the lowborn or will the nobility of Kirsch shine through?

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not too bothered by the state of things.

I like Gundam the Origin, and while I don't like MHA at the end, I've seen it before.

Does suck that I can't watch it with you guys tho.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully SAO gets replaced with something decent

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gundam is coming on too late with too much crap between it for me to want to stay up for it. A fully CG mecha show has absolutely no appeal to me, but gen:LOCK seems short so at least it shouldn't be around for long.

We went from one of the best line-ups to this in weeks lol

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Gundam is coming on too late with too much crap between it for me to want to stay up for it. A fully CG mecha show has absolutely no appeal to me, but gen:LOCK seems short so at least it shouldn't be around for long.

We went from one of the best line-ups to this in weeks lol
Losing Hunter x Hunter and TPN the same week was a big oof

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
It's weird how many shows we have ending within the next 6 weeks with no replacement confirmed outside of gen:lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.