• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ryan Bartley is a relative newcomer, right? She's definitely going to be in my mind for best VA this year. She absolutely killed it last night.

Man the dub "I refuse" moment sucked in Jojo

I know we don't like Vic but James Woods is an asshole but at least his hades is great. Vic Rohan was never bad but that moment was really underwhelming

I never really cared for Vic's Rohan tbh, even before all this

"See you around very soon #Toonami." Hmmm. She's been in:

Konosuba, Re: Zero, Mob Psycho 100...

All 3 of these options aren't bad. Her most major role here is in Re:Zero, and that is a show I always felt was inevitable for Toonami.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
So finished watching HxH...I'm not crying. Seriously, I'm not crying but this made have the feels and I almost did. Sure, Meruem gave that poor girl a death sentence but if you ignore all of that, it was a very emotional end to the arc. I don't know if it's still my fave though...still say York New is my fave.

Oct 26, 2017
Perfect visualization of what happened to me after watching HxH last night

giphy.gif

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Ryan Bartley is a relative newcomer, right? She's definitely going to be in my mind for best VA this year. She absolutely killed it last night.

I never really cared for Vic's Rohan tbh, even before all this

All 3 of these options aren't bad. Her most major role here is in Re:Zero, and that is a show I always felt was inevitable for Toonami.
as far as voice actresses go I would give the nod to Dawn Bennett, Elizabeth Maxwell, and Ryan Bartley so far this year

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
just wondering, did Grexeno ever actually post the results for our voting in simple text form? I know he posted the recording, but what about people who just want to see the final results? I might have missed it.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
been a while since i got my ass so thoroughly handed to me like Sekiro did with Madam Butterfly

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Goku: Gohan, there's that Pooh Bear looking guy from Universe 6 that can absorb all damage. My punches did nothing! I ended up having to just throw him out of the ring in our last fight.

Gohan, a scholar: Intresting idea, dad. But did you try punching him more?
To be fair, that's the entirety of the All Might vs Nommu fight.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
finally got to watch Kaguya-sama for this week....wow this show is amazing

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of appreciated that previous episodes were light on fanservice, so this episode being full of it was a disappointment. Now other than that, yeah, good episode.
yeah that was unfortunate, Hayasaka was great this episode too, it's unfortunate that all of those cheesecake shots kinda distracted from that

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
wait, so they're finally animating "Kaguya-Sama Official Doujin"?

aka "jesus, fine, we'll give you fanservice in this seinen romcom, but it's gonna be non-canon, damn it

but we're also not gonna cross the line, we're not to-love-ru for pete's sake"

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Double dose of SAO, get your snacks ready!

oM4nHaE.gif

Also what is going on next week on the award winning Black Clover?

In a world where magic is everything, Asta a boy born without magic reveals his anti magic half demonic form and the shocking revelation on why it appeared. Will Asta battle his literal inner demon? Only if he can take care of a newly revived and more powerful than ever Landros first!

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
are you telling me asta is actually special and while he is portrayed as Determined it's actually some legacy he had no control over that gives him agency?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
are you telling me asta is actually special and while he is portrayed as Determined it's actually some legacy he had no control over that gives him agency?

His magic is never giving up. Also demon's blood which gives him anti magic powers and is probably related to the elves somehow because of course he is.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
One of the things I appreciate more as time goes on is how Oda acknowledges that Luffy is special and that's part of why he's so strong

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So is Alicization still airing right now in Japan or did it (will it?) go on a break?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
alright, time to catch up on hxh & see why the ot title was changed to one that just makes me think of sam jackson from pulp fiction

wait, so

a show where it tries to redeem the villain who has killed numerous innocent people by trapping them against their will, then saying that he's not really THAT bad of a person by showing that he formed a connection with a female who he cared for very much

why does that sounds familiar

"my guards were good people.....in that they were good at killing & herding people for me"

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
alright, time to catch up on hxh & see why the ot title was changed to one that just makes me think of sam jackson from pulp fiction

wait, so

a show where it tries to redeem the villain who has killed numerous innocent people by trapping them against their will, then saying that he's not really THAT bad of a person by showing that he formed a connection with a female who he cared for very much

"my guards were good people.....in that they were good at killing & herding people for me"
They were good about caring about him. This arc really plays with perspectives. If you pay attention with how they were trying to rescue Komugi from Meruem she didn't even act like she was being saved since she wanted to spend more time with him.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
so like how bomb boob girl cared about kayaba & wanted to spend time with him killing people

i totes believe tihs

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
They were good about caring about him. This arc really plays with perspectives. If you pay attention with how they were trying to rescue Komugi from Meruem she didn't even act like she was being saved since she wanted to spend more time with him.
To be fair Komugi is basically oblivious to what's happening the whole time. She just knows that Meruem is a great gungi player and that he's nice to her

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
"my poison is contagious"

so you ended your life by killing one more innocent person

you said you changed, man. how could you

Actual, serious thoughts: Well..........fuck, what a way to end the arc. I would've never seen such an arc, let alone its ending, when I first started watching this series. Dub absolutely NAILED it. This will easily be part of the Best Moment discussion at the end of the year.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

wait, so

They aren't trying to say he's a good person. On the contrary, what's being shown is that not everything is black and white. It's easy to look at him and all the atrocious acts he committed and paint a picture of black, but it was also easy for him to paint a picture of us as black with what all we do to animals against their will and enslaving our very own people and murders, etc.

You also have to keep in mind this character was only alive for a few days despite having massive intellect and learned what was truly important due to this girl. I think that alone allows people to share sympathy for him despite his heinous acts.

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair Komugi is basically oblivious to what's happening the whole time. She just knows that Meruem is a great gungi player and that he's nice to her
From what Komugi talks about not a lot of people are nice to her just like not a lot of people are nice are even capable of humbling Meruem. There's a lot of playing around with the "love is blind" concept with these two. This would not be a thing if Komugi could see.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
They aren't trying to say he's a good person. On the contrary, what's being shown is that not everything is black and white. It's easy to look at him and all the atrocious acts he committed and paint a picture of black, but it was also easy for him to paint a picture of us as black with what all we do to animals against their will and enslaving our very own people and murders, etc.

You also have to keep in mind this character was only alive for a few days despite having massive intellect and learned what was truly important due to this girl. I think that alone allows people to share sympathy for him despite his heinous acts.
To further dive into this point. NGL is a pretty fucked up place BEFORE the ant invasion. Basically a mini North Korea. It is fitting the thing to 'finish' the ants was a nuke which even Netero felt dirty using.

Poor Killua is the only person to leave this arc not dead or coming out looking like a complete hypocrite and makes positive strides in his character development. Knuckle and Shoot can be said the same as well. Shame about all the emotional scars.

Status
Not open for further replies.