• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
giphy.gif

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
In for the cockpit shots alone holy shit

ok and the vollyball

^ my dog does "the Iceman" all the damn time

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised there are no F-35Cs considering they are the next generation of carrier borne fighters. And with their stealth capabilities they've shredded relatively larger numbers of fourth generation fighters.
A big part of Top Gun is the Pilot/Co-Pilot dynamic and the F-35C is a single seat aircraft.

PIMPBYBLUD

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fucking down for this. I remember watching the original in the theater with my brother and dad. Shit I'm old.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Between Kosinski and Miranda the movie will surely be on point visually, if nothing else.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Maverick is flying the F-18E, which is a single seater.

Also, I guess I'm the only person who thinks that the Hornet looks better than the Tomcat.

Repent.

Also looks like an early block Hornet .

Plot: Maverick and Goose's son gets shot down over Iran, they survive, stole a Tomcat and shoot their way back home.

Middleman

Banned
Jun 14, 2019
Gonna be interesting to see what they do with Iceman.

Kilmer got fucked up by throat cancer. Don't get me wrong, he's looking great IRL, but not like a fighter pilot.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Repent.

Also looks like an early block Hornet .

Plot: Maverick and Goose's son gets shot down over Iran, they survive, stole a Tomcat and shoot their way back home.
To me it doesn't look like an early blocks F18. The intakes look much different. To me it looks like a super Hornet.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA

plv251

Oct 27, 2017
Shhit that was a cool trailer. I have yet to see the first one so guess I should watch it

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
as a lover of Tom cruise, flight, and cinema, I am definitely excited for this.
Great trailer.
Thought this was gonna be a bad movie for some reason.
Mcquarrie directing?

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
Take My Breath Away is still one of the sexiest songs made. There needs to be a callback scene at some point.