• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017

When the world is under attack from terrifying creatures who hunt their human prey by sound, 16-year old Ally Andrews (Kiernan Shipka), who lost her hearing at 13, and her family seek refuge in a remote haven. But they discover a sinister cult who are eager to exploit Ally's heightened senses. Based on the acclaimed novel, THE SILENCE is directed by John R. Leonetti (ANNABELLE) and stars Stanley Tucci, Kiernan Shipka, Miranda Otto, John Corbett, Kate Trotter and Kyle Breitkopf. Watch on April 12th, only on Netflix.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I see Stanley Tucci, I will watch this for him alone.

edit: also is it me or does the Netflix filter is always this gray/green filter over the images? I hate it.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly okay with it if the plot is better. I know people love AQP, but I have major issues with a lot of character choices.

eta: but wow, straight up copying the deaf thing and then using a hearing actress is kinda meh, though i guess if it's based on a novel, it's not copying.

WarrenD

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What if Netflix ripped off a movie that came to light after the book it's based on? The fuck.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take Stanley Tucci over everything about A Quiet Place. Did not like that movie at all.

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
Obviously I don't know anything about anything, but that trailer made the baddies seem very comical and gremlin-like.
Can't take it seriously when they are so tiny and not menacing.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Books aren't written in a few months/years like a script is.

A Quiet Place wasn't original and never will be. It's like saying Stranger Things is one of a kind.

I mean obviously the book wasn't capable of stealing from A Quiet Place, but I don't think you can just say the opposite is likely either. You've got a weird ax to grind with it though, so I'll leave you to it.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Digging the cast. The concept of the movie looks like A Quiet Place ft. The Walking Dead, so... I'm in?

Filur

Oct 27, 2017
A Quiet Place and The Silence were shot almost simultaneously, the latter just gets released way later.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The premise of A Quiet Place isn't exactly original either. Tombs of the Blind Dead came out decades before A Quiet Place

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought birdbox was the quiet place ripoff

This seems like A Quiet Place except everyone is really incompetent

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Netflix: "People are saying Bird Box is an A Quiet Place rip-off? That's ridiculous! They haven't even seen our actual A Quiet Place rip-off yet!"

Nov 30, 2018
I mean obviously the book wasn't capable of stealing from A Quiet Place, but I don't think you can just say the opposite is likely either. You've got a weird ax to grind with it though, so I'll leave you to it.

I mean, what's people obsession with saying everything is similar to A Quiet Place?

If it was so good it would have won or been nominated for oscars yet here we are.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I would stuck up on egg timers and use them like grenades

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I am EXTREMELY disapointed at the title not mentioning Pitch Black, as those creatures look exactly like the things from Pitch Black. should have said "Sabrina ripps off A Quiet Place and Pitch Black"

Jul 18, 2018
A Quiet Place was so blah to me. I'm in for anything with similar premise.

Also there is this movie, think its called Hush?, of a deaf woman that's stalked at her cabin house. So much better utilization of sounds than A Quiet Place.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I loved AQP. Bird box was pretty ok. Definitely down for this as well.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pitch: a bunch of monsters are attracted to strong smells.

A scientist in hiding has developed a plan to destroy the beasts. If he can make it to the governments hidden bunker the world might be saved.

But his terminal flatulence may be his downfall.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
i want someone to make one of these movies but instead the monsters are attracted to silence. People just have to be constantly screaming to survive lol

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
The plot seems more complex, and technically the timeline seems to be from before and during the early invasion, which is enough of a change from AQP to be worthwhile checking.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
I can't take baby flying dinosaurs as the main villain seriously.

Thankfully it looks like humans (as per usual) are the real threat, so it might be good.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Pitch: a bunch of monsters are attracted to strong smells.

A scientist in hiding has developed a plan to destroy the beasts. If he can make it to the governments hidden bunker the world might be saved.

But his terminal flatulence may be his downfall.
Does he refuse to use Deodorant like in that thread

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
How can it be a Quiet Place rip off, when the book (of the same name) this is based off of came out in 2015? 🤔

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
"You cant make a sound or else they come"

Trailer starts with all of them in a car....okay then