• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DinkyDev

Feb 5, 2021
0vv5uHk.jpeg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a09yJU-mCI
TRANSFORMERS ONE is the untold origin story of Optimus Prime and Megatron, better known as sworn enemies, but once were friends bonded like brothers who changed the fate of Cybertron forever. In the first-ever fully CG-animated Transformers movie, TRANSFORMERS ONE features a star-studded voice cast, including Chris Hemsworth, Brian Tyree Henry, Scarlett Johansson, Keegan-Michael Key, Steve Buscemi with Laurence Fishburne and Jon Hamm.

Last edited:

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a09yJU-mCI&ab_channel=ParamountPictures

TRANSFORMERS ONE is the untold origin story of Optimus Prime and Megatron, better known as sworn enemies, but once were friends bonded like brothers who changed the fate of Cybertron forever. In the first-ever fully CG-animated Transformers movie, TRANSFORMERS ONE features a star-studded voice cast, including Chris Hemsworth, Brian Tyree Henry, Scarlett Johansson, Keegan-Michael Key, Steve Buscemi with Laurence Fishburne and Jon Hamm.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This certainly looks like a Transformers movie directed by Toy Story/Pixar talent

Chris Hemsworth does a pretty good Optimus

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just going by what the live chat of the IN SPACE trailer video went and it didn't seem like they liked it much.

Seems like they just got a bunch of Celebrities to do a whole bunch of quips instead of try and tell a story. Wall of Celebrities at the end of the trailer rears it's ugly head as well.

And the artstyle... err... well, it's different from the norm I suppose? But didn't look all that impressive. Though maybe I need to rewatch the trailer from the source that isn't an Ipad in Space to get a better grasp on it's visuals.

Mirk

Oct 25, 2017
You know what fine I laughed. Never thought of a transformers family comedy but I'm here for it.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
It looks fine. It's not a project made for fans in their 40s, clearly, and that's fine. We can't carry the fandom forever.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Chris's Optimus voice isn't half bad… but why isn't Starscream part of the crew?

Yurei

Feb 28, 2023
Brian Tyree Henry REALLY doesn't fit as megatron, even a younger version.

Art style looks good tho.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Can it be considered Live Action ? xD
I mean the cybertron scenes from the live action movies were all cg anyway =P

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When they said this was going to be animated I was hoping it was going to be an entire movie that looked like the first 10 minutes of Bumblebee. Disappointed.

This is also one of those trailers that feels like it spoils the whole movie. Why spoil their first transformation like that?

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Who is this even for? The style and dialog makes it seem like it's for kids, but them Bumblebee calls himself Badass-a-tron.

Oct 27, 2017
You know what, sure. I'm down for a goofy comedy Transformers movie.
More than Meets the Eye was goofy as crap and it worked well, so this could too.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Don't agree at all with this thread about the art direction. Love that it's something new and I think it fits really well. Also glad we're finally getting a more light-hearted movie.

Also, don't be fooled into thinking this is just a big goofy romp. Definitely more fun than last entries, but there's some heavier stuff going on here too.

CBZ

Jul 2, 2022
Looks fine to me! I'm not sure how I feel about the faces but otherwise I'm all for a more comedic Transformers incarnation.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Cool idea but I hate the design of pretty much everything.

Better than Bayformers I guess.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Prime should never have a visible mouth.

Please stop trying to make it happen.

Kids are going to love this.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
Hollywood animation is such a shame. Everything has to be a comedy.

Objectively though this looks pretty terrible across the board.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I notice on the poster "Bayhem Films" listed, is that a new film studio that got formed for this, or an offshoot fo Michael Bay's previous one, I tried a google search and surprisingly not a lot showed up for it.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Looks like a movie i will never watch unless my kids drag me to it in which i will probably have an alright time i have not cared for the majority of Transformers movies/shows for the past 20 some years.

Can we stop giving them human lips though.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
So hang on…

Megatron and Optimus are teen buddies that work in space mines and cannot transform for reasons.
A weird robot wizard gives them magical light ball power that suddenly allows them to transform and have cool battle action poses.
Queue the intended uprising against whoever is in charge of slaver mines.

Is that what I just witnessed?

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I thought it was fine but no different from so many CG TF shows. I won't be watching it but I don't hate it or anything.

Feb 24, 2018
Way more goofy comedy then I expected but will give a try, I remember people feeling the same about Transformer Animated based on the previews but then ended up loving it.

I like Optimus being a humble worker-class joe again like he was in the G1 Cartoon (dock worker there), feels WAY more appropriate then him being a cop.

Holy crap their Action Masters!

Elita-One is never getting her time powers back is she :(

Going to assume the slavers here are the Quintessons, basically scaling down the timeline.

Voices I agree aren't the best.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping for the animation to be a bit more experimental like SpiderVerse and TMNT, not really doing it for me.

entut1

Mar 31, 2023
there are some interesting shots here. not super consistent though. comedy is also hit-or-miss

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this would be in the style of the flashback in bumblebee for some reason. Wishful thinking