Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
You didn't think the €170 Lego Optimus would transform?

... sad thing is, I can really understand that expectation. Man, us TF fans have been really lowering our standards and expectations for years, haven't we.

Yeah, the ThreeZero figures were expensive and can't transform. From what I understand, only Hasbro/Takara are allowed to make toys that transform, and the licensees can't can their transform.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I realized it's good if you're jumping in now and missed the last waves. Guess I'm still used to toys sitting on shelves for a while before retiring.

Springer was what, Siege, so it was two or three years ago at this point, I can totally understand people who missed him but then got into SS 1986 movie toys wanting him. So they'll sell this then introduce a new mold next year to milk you. It also fits in with the subline.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the ThreeZero figures were expensive and can't transform. From what I understand, only Hasbro/Takara are allowed to make toys that transform, and the licensees can't can their transform.
I expect all the references to "transform" in the Lego set to be replaced with "convert" like with the Robosen figure.

Staal

Oct 27, 2017
Humble Bundle is up for IDW's "final phase" I haven't checked but if you're at all interested in their comics (RIP) now's the time:

www.humblebundle.com

Humble Comics Bundle: Transformers The Final Phase by IDW

We’ve teamed up with IDW for a bundle featuring the final phase of Transformers comics! Pay what you want for Optimus Prime, More Than Meets the Eye, and more.
Thanks, that's the 4th Transformer bundle I got (missed out on the first I think). Love it.

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything in there that's missing from the 2019 "Complete" Bundle? At a glance it appears not, but I'll grab it if there's any extras.

Oct 25, 2017
Humble Bundle is up for IDW's "final phase" I haven't checked but if you're at all interested in their comics (RIP) now's the time:

www.humblebundle.com

Humble Comics Bundle: Transformers The Final Phase by IDW

We’ve teamed up with IDW for a bundle featuring the final phase of Transformers comics! Pay what you want for Optimus Prime, More Than Meets the Eye, and more.

It's also got Transformers '84 which was a short mini-series right before the IDW re-launch, it was enjoyable for me. The final phase is def where things fall apart but there's still some good stuff happening in there. I enjoyed Combiner Wars if only for Windblade, and I think this is he part of Lost Light where Tarn shows up and they're stuck on Necrobot's planet.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Is there anything in there that's missing from the 2019 "Complete" Bundle? At a glance it appears not, but I'll grab it if there's any extras.
There's definitely extra stuff. All the 2019 reboot stuff is there (the Transformers 2019 volumes 1, 2, 3, Beast Wars, probably other stuff) and I want to say the last bundle didn't have Lost Light 25. Also (if the last bundle included a bunch of single issues and now that everything is collected these are all collections. But the numbering is confusing, Humble Bundle doesn't even order these in a coherent way, so I have no idea if this is actually complete.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That is unexpected I guess, lol

Also, new VS update video:

news.tfw2005.com

Transformers HasLab Victory Saber | First Look Video / Images

Via the Hasbro Pulse website, we now have a new update for the HasLab Victory Saber project, that being an actual video review type production for the figure's prototype: Join Transformers HasLab Product Designer, Evan, as he takes you through an in-depth look of Victory Saber! On this first...

Last edited:

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I already had the Takara versions of TR Topspin and Twin Twist but I was completely fine with reissues happening. The prices are wild.
But they're just trolling people with these Amazon exclusives, lol.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks that Twin Twist is just a recolor. The original figure was along with its other wave-mates pretty much non-existant in these parts. Early waves had so many shelfwarmers that by the time we got to wave 5 or 6 or whatever there wasn't any space for them.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
That is unexpected I guess, lol

Also, new VS update video:

news.tfw2005.com

Transformers HasLab Victory Saber | First Look Video / Images

Via the Hasbro Pulse website, we now have a new update for the HasLab Victory Saber project, that being an actual video review type production for the figure's prototype: Join Transformers HasLab Product Designer, Evan, as he takes you through an in-depth look of Victory Saber! On this first...

I'm so happy I backed Victory Saber. The articulation was quite a surprise! It has joints that many MP figures don't have!

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS

GLNdziH.jpg

4pCOg4t.jpg

HjnRIEu.jpg

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like BigBad is starting to process Junkheap preorders. Hopefully Sludge isn't too far behind.

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
After 25-30 years, I finally have a complete G1 Bruticus. One of the reprints of the Italian all-in-one pack was up on eBay for half the usual going price, so I snapped it up instantly.

EDIT: Good thing it's staying in Bruticus mode, as for the life of me I cannot get Blast-Off's arms to pop out to swivel over, and I'm not risking breaking it.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I recommend watching Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers movie. Yes, I know which thread I'm in.

Don't click if you want to be surprised.

j3S5vKv.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
In hand Motomaster. Not really digging the Menasaur look with the snap on parts and inability to show the legs

news.tfw2005.com

Transformers Legacy Motormaster In-Hand Images – Menasor Comparison Size & Combiner Wars Compatibility

Courtesy of Hasbro Designer Mark "Markclonus" Maher on Instagram we can share new official in-hand images of the highly anticipated Legacy Motormaster. The new images show not only Motormaster but his Combiner form as Menasor's body (with Dragstrip as arm). The comparison size images reveal that...

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little bummed that the arms remain a bit too long (just like in combiner wars) when even more so here they don't need to be. That and the hands not having any articulation. At least the hands/feet are not separate pieces, I hated the handfootguns.

Pretty minor things compared to the whole package.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Really happy this is a thing that can exist and that someone designing these put thought into it:

FT9vyMpXwAEEzZS

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Finally found some of the newer transformers with the open face boxes... I'm not a mint in box collector or anything, but every box I've gotten is crushed in some way, so I can't imagine that collectors who don't open their toys are very happy (they also aren't very happy about completely closed box toys either, so I don't know what the solution is if they're not going to use plastic)

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sludge is apparently out here (East Coast US), though I've not been lucky enough to run into him yet.

Pretty early when most online stores had him for August. Would be nice if trend continues.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Blitzwing popped up on the east coast a month ago and he's not supposed to be out until October. I don't think there have been any other sightings of him since then, though.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Well the Lego store is currently being hammered… really want Lego Optimus

Edit: sweet, placed an order

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So far not so good trying to get anywhere on Lego.com

Edit - whew, just got my order in.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
A good day! Got my orders in for both a LegOptimus and Shattered Glass Blaster.

Now Iron Factory just needs to get around to releasing their Liokaiser and I'll be set.

El Bombastico

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ordered Fans Hobby "Naval Commander" (Armada Optimus) and Meg today. Anyone know if the breakage issues Optimus had in its initial run has been fixed or is it still an issue?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

No auto-transforming trailer: -1
Cab form without visible fists on the back: +2
Combined form not a literal statue: +3
That crystal on the Matrix: priceless (seriously, why don't we have more official matrixes like that?)

Man, the original Armada Prime was such a misguided one-trick pony. Probably number 1 in my list of "to sell" when I dust off the boxes in the basement.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm giving it another go watching G1 and while I've made it through season 1 a few times I always seem to struggle with what order to watch it in. The order on my DVDs vs. the order they were aired, etc.

Anyway I spend more time on this than is worth today trying to get everything tidy on my plex server and I've made it to Ultimate Doom pt. 2 and Sky/Jet Fire, Snarl, and Swoop just sorta show up and fuck, I'm questioning everything again.

I think this gets better as time goes on in Season 2 it is just frustrating. I've seen these particular episodes too many times and they are so relatively meaningless but my watch order ocd is killing me.

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm giving it another go watching G1 and while I've made it through season 1 a few times I always seem to struggle with what order to watch it in. The order on my DVDs vs. the order they were aired, etc.

Anyway I spend more time on this than is worth today trying to get everything tidy on my plex server and I've made it to Ultimate Doom pt. 2 and Sky/Jet Fire, Snarl, and Swoop just sorta show up and fuck, I'm questioning everything again.

I think this gets better as time goes on in Season 2 it is just frustrating. I've seen these particular episodes too many times and they are so relatively meaningless but my watch order ocd is killing me.

I love the G1 cartoon, but you have to watch it knowing it's all bobbins and nonsense. I've been watching it again over the past few months with my fiancée and it's gotten her into Transformers and buying models, where she had no interest before.

If you want G1 with continuity and drama, then you need to read the combined US and UK comics. I did a reading order based on the Titan reprints years ago, but I put the original issue numbers in too, so you can use any collection nowadays and follow those:

jadefreedom.wordpress.com

Marvel/Titan Books Transformers Reading Order

I noticed that there doesn’t appear to be any sort of helpful reading guide for going through Titan Books’ reprints of the Generation 1 Transformers comics, from Marvel and Marvel UK, i…

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I love the G1 cartoon, but you have to watch it knowing it's all bobbins and nonsense. I've been watching it again over the past few months with my fiancée and it's gotten her into Transformers and buying models, where she had no interest before.

If you want G1 with continuity and drama, then you need to read the combined US and UK comics. I did a reading order based on the Titan reprints years ago, but I put the original issue numbers in too, so you can use any collection nowadays and follow those:

jadefreedom.wordpress.com

Marvel/Titan Books Transformers Reading Order

I noticed that there doesn’t appear to be any sort of helpful reading guide for going through Titan Books’ reprints of the Generation 1 Transformers comics, from Marvel and Marvel UK, i…
I know from the decent chunk of G1 that I have watched that it is garbage, I just think I owe it to myself to get through it once.

I've also heard from tons of people that the comics can be great but I am really not a comics reading person. At least not today.

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I know from the decent chunk of G1 that I have watched that it is garbage, I just think I owe it to myself to get through it once.

I've also heard from tons of people that the comics can be great but I am really not a comics reading person. At least not today.

What I'll say for the cartoon is near the end of Season 2; watch Aerial Assault at any point after The Revenge Of Bruticus. It just doesn't make sense chronologically otherwise.

There are some genuinely good episodes buried in there, like Hoist Goes Hollywood and The Girl Who Loved Powerglide, so it's not all bad.

Oct 25, 2017
What I'll say for the cartoon is near the end of Season 2; watch Aerial Assault at any point after The Revenge Of Bruticus. It just doesn't make sense chronologically otherwise.

There are some genuinely good episodes buried in there, like Hoist Goes Hollywood and The Girl Who Loved Powerglide, so it's not all bad.

They're also good for all the combiners that come later

For me the G1 stuff is just comfort. I think GI Joe holds better but G1 is better than TMNT. For that era of toons