Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The only Scrounge toy I know of, official or unofficial, is the Combiner Wars one that came with the Computron set in the US. He's a retool of Cosmos.

Thanks! Ack, I love Scrounge, but not for those full Computron set prices.

Oh well. I'll hold out hope and wait until Iron Factory or Newage or somebody goes insane and makes one.

Last edited:

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, random dispatch notice for Wild Rider from InDemand.

Now just need to wait for Dead End and Breakdown to come out. Have they been announced yet?

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I got Scourge but was way too late for Cosmos. Realistically I probably need to hope that he gets rereleased in another line down the road because they are really screwing over people with this release.

Oh, random dispatch notice for Wild Rider from InDemand.

Now just need to wait for Dead End and Breakdown to come out. Have they been announced yet?
Probably this afternoon.

Edit:

FYN0X1aVQAArrZ2

FYN0WGKUUAAWSGD

FYNz4jNVQAA-kRp

FYNz4jNVEAADVko

FYN1iA-VUAEeqhH

Last edited:

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I'm loving the Orion Pax and Alpha Trion pack... though I don't love the price tag.

TM2 Megatron looks great though! I expected him to look worse.

Edit - better pic of Megatron.

2kykj9l.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Claire Delune

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
I have such a soft spot for Skullgrin, definitely want to see more of that one. Curious to see TM2 Megatron's beast mode, as I was never a huge fan of the squatting pose he had in the original release.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Dead End looks pretty good, I'll likely pre-order that whenever they will let me. I'd really like to see the alt mode (not sure what they were thinking outside of continuing to string us all along as much as possible) The rest I dunno.

I don't really understand what is up with Skullgrin when Iguanus was just two waves ago and a completely different thing.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, busy day today. Managed to get my velocitron preorders and wm.ca, which was surprising, as they're usually shit.
My SS Bee movie Arcee is on the way, got a preorder for Dk3 Breaker, plus the (crappy) SDCC reveal at leat showed what the Orion pax / Alpha Trion pack is gonna be like. I like it a lot!

El Bombastico

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TMII Meg's Robot mode looks pretty good, but ugh his Dragon mode looks bad, especially that body-neck connection.

Think I'm good with my PE Mega-Doragon...

DarkOxygen

Oct 30, 2017
I guess someone else has the trademark for Pointblank, hence "Blanker"? In any event it'll still pair nicely with the MakeToys version (which is really awesome, btw, if you ever see one for a reasonable price).

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Dead End looks pretty faithful to his cartoon version, cool!

I'm seeing Motormaster appear in several weeks parts of the world, hope I'll get mine soon.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Motormaster has been sighted at Targets close to me, curious to hear about the yellowing situation.

Vast majority of shelf space is still taken up by coronation Starscreams, not sure where they are going to put them or the Metroplexes they apparently will be carrying.

E: Actually, lol. In the time since I posted this BBTS says they are processing my Motormaster so yay.

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they really outdid themselves on the art and box. Deathsaurus being so prominent gives me hope for an official toy too.

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Completely forgot to post the completed ZetaToys Bruticon here, so this is the ridiculously large guy and his G1 predecessor:

DoE1U83.jpg

DarkOxygen

Oct 30, 2017
Also, for the Canadians here, what online retailers (other than Ages Three and Up) do you find have the best shipping experiences in terms of not hitting duty fees? Most recently I ordered from TFSource and encountered hefty duties once the item went through customs.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Also, for the Canadians here, what online retailers (other than Ages Three and Up) do you find have the best shipping experiences in terms of not hitting duty fees? Most recently I ordered from TFSource and encountered hefty duties once the item went through customs.

Pulse charges taxes, so there's no duties, but shipping is expensive. However, it caps at 30$, so it's not as terrible for big orders.

Otherwise, I use toysnowman. I stopped using US Stores like bbts years ago.

DarkOxygen

Oct 30, 2017
Pulse charges taxes, so there's no duties, but shipping is expensive. However, it caps at 30$, so it's not as terrible for big orders.

Otherwise, I use toysnowman. I stopped using US Stores like bbts years ago.

Cool, thanks! Unfortunately it looks like they don't carry 3rd-Party figures - I should've specified that originally, sorry. I'll continue to look around!

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My BBTS Motormaster is going to get here tomorrow. I just got an email that Amazon is expected to get me one next week too. I may just get both just in case either have yellowing/etc. Though I haven't heard much fuss about the recent batch that has been sold in NA the way the earlier copies were. Maybe they were able to make a process/materials change before too many were affected.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
My BBTS Motormaster is going to get here tomorrow. I just got an email that Amazon is expected to get me one next week too. I may just get both just in case either have yellowing/etc. Though I haven't heard much fuss about the recent batch that has been sold in NA the way the earlier copies were. Maybe they were able to make a process/materials change before too many were affected.

I don't know about the US, but I received mine from gamestop Canada earlier this week, and it had yellowed parts. My local GS is going to try to get a replacement, and hopefully it'll be better.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I was considering canceling my Hasbro Pulse Motormaster order when BBTS got him in stock, but I'm thinking I'll try my luck at holding out for whenever Hasbro Pulse ships it. It's still showing December for whatever reason. Hopefully they get things sorted out for those batches.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks, because otherwise I REALLY like Motormaster. I've always been a big fan of the stunticons, and these new ones are hitting my nostalgia just right. He's not perfect, with the rear wheels of the trailer being the weakest part (literally). However, at that price, I can't get past the yellowing right out of the box.

Last edited:

DarkOxygen

Oct 30, 2017
Finally caved and bit the bullet on one of the TFC Supreme Tactical Commander versions - went with Ice Wolf, the winter camo one.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Yeah I received word from the shop that Motormaster should arrive in week 32. Hopefully Wildrider will arrive around that time as well

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My BBTS Motormaster seems to be ok from a QC standpoint, minor typical cosmetic stuff you expect but no yellowing (yet I guess).

As Motormaster he makes for an interesting change to how semi trucks usually transform. The mini cab that form his feet with the tiny fake wheels is super cute. The trailer as is is indeed very stumpy. Almost SD in a way. The peg it uses to connect to the cab is way too snug for something that doesn't need to hold any weight, I'm getting flashbacks to my powermaster optimus' trailer hitch breaking off.

As Menasor he is very impressive and a huge improvement poseability wise. The full complement of joints are here and the ratchets are all tight and of high enough resolution that he can pose well. My only complaint is there is no ankle back, only forwards and inside tilt, but even that is a huge improvement over previous combiners. Attaching dragstrip does indeed do the cool thing where it separates mid transformation and really unless you get a flat screwdriver or something that is the only way he can attach.

The sword it comes with is way too short for combined mode. The gun he comes with looks bad in every configuration which is annoying. There is a big chunk of trailer left over that you can't really do anything with (outside of being a turret). I assume there will be 3rd party options to alleviate these things.

Amazon has already shipped my other one so I will be returning one either way. If it has a few less cosmetic issues I might swap it out, I dunno.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I finished Season 2 of G1 for the first time. I followed what wikipedia called the "chronological order" but I wouldn't recommend it, characters still show up out of the blue one episode and then get introduced a few episodes later. I don't know if the DVD order is any better but I don't really have an interest in sorting it out now. Season 3 looks to be in a similar situation with different orders but I'll probably just stick to what's on the dvd listing this time around.

My impression of the show hasn't changed much, though it was nice to see some characters in action for the first time around. I was surprised that none of the city-bots get introduced so I guess that happens later.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
The citybots are post-movie. They were 1986 releases and Season 2 was already finished production before any of that year's lineup was finalized.

Oct 25, 2017
I finished Season 2 of G1 for the first time. I followed what wikipedia called the "chronological order" but I wouldn't recommend it, characters still show up out of the blue one episode and then get introduced a few episodes later. I don't know if the DVD order is any better but I don't really have an interest in sorting it out now. Season 3 looks to be in a similar situation with different orders but I'll probably just stick to what's on the dvd listing this time around.

My impression of the show hasn't changed much, though it was nice to see some characters in action for the first time around. I was surprised that none of the city-bots get introduced so I guess that happens later.

G1 is just comfort for me, I don't watch it expecting anything more. Of my 3 child hood favs (TMNT, GI Joe, and Transformers) Joe definitely holds up the best (up through Dragonfire, less so after). But Ill always reach for Transformers for a funk buster. I do think 3 is more solid, and it also has Call of the Primitives which I love.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Imagine doing a crossover with Canon on their SLR cameras and choosing to have well known Truck Optimus Prime transform into a camera instead of Reflector, who actually transforms into a camera.

0WQoHA8.png

It looks terrible in robot mode quite frankly.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine doing a crossover with Canon on their SLR cameras and choosing to have well known Truck Optimus Prime transform into a camera instead of Reflector, who actually transforms into a camera.

0WQoHA8.png

They gave Prime a beer belly...

Oct 25, 2017
Motomaster showed up today. Menasaur is 45 steps not counting the 23 for semi to robot. So from full vehicle to Menasaur is a real process

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

0WQoHA8.png

These are almost always going to be Optimus or Megatron though.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
One thing that is kind of "glass half full" about Motormaster's stubby trailer is you can replace one piece/assembly with a longer/wider one and you get a much better truck trailer. It almost looks like hasbro initially had a longer trailer in mind before they cut this piece in half.

I'd expect someone like DNA or someone to do something about it. The part has nothing to do with the transformation (it turns into the turret tower thingy) so would be an easy swap.

Oct 25, 2017
One thing that is kind of "glass half full" about Motormaster's stubby trailer is you can replace one piece/assembly with a longer/wider one and you get a much better truck trailer. It almost looks like hasbro initially had a longer trailer in mind before they cut this piece in half.

I'd expect someone like DNA or someone to do something about it. The part has nothing to do with the transformation (it turns into the turret tower thingy) so would be an easy swap.

I think the whole package overall is impressive for how much they squeezed in, but the gun turret thing is just overkill IMO. I'd much rather it just be parts for Menasor

Peacemillian

Oct 25, 2017
Got my oversized 4th party Jinbao Devastator in, with the addon kit the fucker is 22 inches tall, he's an absolute monster. Just waiting for my 01-studio Unicron to go next to him now.

PXL_20220804_134634665.jpg

Peacemillian

Oct 25, 2017
What parts use the add on kit? How is each of the individual bots? How's the combined mode?

The addon kit is two leg extenders that attach between the waist bot and leg bots, as well as an alternate head (which I'm not using) and two drill hands which I think are from G2.

transformers_jinbao_jin_bao__upgrade__addon_kit_for_jinbao_upsized_yellow_gravity_builder_devastator_1570449817_0ce8519e_progressive.jpg

Every figure I could find included the addon kit as default so its basically a part of the core figure now.

The individual bots/vehicle modes are fantastic as well all have superb transformations and look the part in both modes, he's a bit tricky to pose in Devastator mode just because of the pure size of him, but he has some good ratchets on all the important joints so with a bit of fiddling you can get him how you want.

Frankly considering you can buy him for £135 compared to the £600+ offerings from other companies, I cant recommend a Devastator figure more.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
My Speedia Road Rocket arrived. I really like the motorcycle transformation (probably one of the cleanest bikes I've seen), but big oof at those super spindly plastic bits just below the knees. A bunch of those are going to be snapped for sure.