• Fake

Votes: 302 24.4%

• Total voters

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
I know he is a rapper but I've never listened to anything by him. Sony marketing is on point, which is funny since you can't buy or pre-order their products.

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
bro

I cannot fathom being this out of touch with modern pop culture

I think some people operate under the logic that "if I acknowledge its existence, I somehow like it".

I'm personally not a fan of either Travis Scott or Ariana Grande, but I understand they have millions and millions of fans and a pretty strong pop cultural impact at least in the US. I'm in my late 30's and not going to cover my ears and go "lalalalalala" saying "Who are these people?". I'd be lying if I did.

Edit: I don't eat McDonald's, don't play Fortnite, casually watch Football or Basketball, yet I still know that Travis Scott is involved in a bunch of this stuff.

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
smh at this thread

smh at people comparing not knowing about travis scott to not knowing who the vocalist for fucking JUDAS PRIEST is depending on where you live or whatever the fuck that one post was. in 2020. I literally want to gouge my eyes out after reading that.

people obviously have a problem with grasping the concept of pop culture, the fact that NOT BEING INTO POP CULTURE does not make you a special person that is above the "masses" and finally, with the fact that a black man is wildly successful and is one of the most recognizable faces in today's pop culture all the while making really good music that actually does not cater to what most would consider pop.

seriously, there are times when you need to either shut up and walk away from a topic or shut up and try to learn something about the person this thread is dedicated to. god damn

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
smh at this thread

smh at people comparing not knowing about travis scott to not knowing who the vocalist for fucking JUDAS PRIEST is depending on where you live or whatever the fuck that one post was. in 2020. I literally want to gouge my eyes out after reading that.

people obviously have a problem with grasping the concept of pop culture, the fact that NOT BEING INTO POP CULTURE does not make you a special person that is above the "masses" and finally, with the fact that a black man is wildly successful and is one of the most recognizable faces in today's pop culture all the while making really good music that actually does not cater to what most would consider pop.

seriously, there are times when you need to either shut up and walk away from a topic or shut up and try to learn something about the person this thread is dedicated to. god damn
Lol bro chill. I know him as the McDonalds burger dude.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
Great marketing move by Sony, Travis has been making a lot of big moves lately. The concert in Fortnite was really great, imo the best event they had so far. Nothing but respect for the hustle.

For the people not familiar, I guess it's easier than ever to stay inside your bubble; a lot of people don't watch cable, but have their streaming services; don't listen to radio but have their playlists on Spotify; and have their set of sites/platforms/groups build around their own preferences. As a result there sometimes seems little need, or even a chance to get to know what's happening outside that bubble.

Oct 27, 2017
For the people not familiar, I guess it's easier than ever to stay inside your bubble; a lot of people don't watch cable, but have their streaming services; don't listen to radio but have their playlists on Spotify; and have their set of sites/platforms/groups build around their own preferences. As a result there sometimes seems little need, or even a chance to get to know what's happening outside that bubble.

Exactly the point I've been trying to make. Thank you.

Deleted member 76797

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
More like a.... Travis burger.

tenor.gif

Jan 20, 2018
Somewhat related to topic.. I know he dated, and has a kid with, one of the Jenner kids. But what are the Jenners actually famous for (besides Caitlyn's 1976 Olympics medal)? Is it a thing like the Kardashians where they are famous but nobody seems to be able to explain why they are famous?
The Jenners themselves are just tied to Caitlyn and her work after the Olympic's, which consisted of a lot of public speaking events and I believe consulting. As for the Kardashians, their fame is in large part due to their father Robert, who passed away, as he was apart of the highly publicized OJ Simpson trial defense team...

Oct 27, 2017
ROB HALFORD HAS A PS5??!!

Halford is more of a mobile gamer, I'd say 👀

The Jenners themselves are just tied to Caitlyn and her work after the Olympic's, which consisted of a lot of public speaking events and I believe consulting. As for the Kardashians, their fame is in large part due to their father Robert, who passed away, as he was apart of the highly publicized OJ Simpson trial defense team...

Ok, the Jenners I can get then. But so far the two explanations I've seen for the Kardashians is their dad being on OJ's defense team and then dying, and Kim K banging on video. Sex and death really does sell :p

Staff Post

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
It has been brought to our attention that a large number of driveby posts are occurring in this thread, typically consisting of a "Who?" type of response. Members are obviously not expected to know every celebrity or popular internet personality; however, there is a noticeable trend that this happens far more in threads where the person is of a minority background. This in turn makes the collection of these driveby posts come off as dismissive and not engaging in good faith.

All posts of this nature prior to this staff banner will receive warnings, or bans if they go out of their way to rub their ignorance in people's faces. Users with a history of dismissiveness maybe subject to additional moderation.

Posts following this pattern going forward will be moderated much more harshly.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Official Staff Communication
It has been brought to our attention that a large number of driveby posts are occurring in this thread, typically consisting of a "Who?" type of response. Members are obviously not expected to know every celebrity or popular internet personality; however, there is a noticeable trend that this happens far more in threads where the person is of a minority background. This in turn makes the collection of these driveby posts come off as dismissive and not engaging in good faith.

All posts of this nature prior to this staff banner will receive warnings, or bans if they go out of their way to rub their ignorance in people's faces. Users with a history of dismissiveness maybe subject to additional moderation.

Posts following this pattern going forward will be moderated much more harshly.
I appreciate this move 100 percent. Thank y'all.

zen1990x

Jul 1, 2019
Is it only me who thinks he only got sent the controller from sony?

Gave him a ton of money to take a pic with the Dualsense.

The controller isn't even turned on, lol.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017

Pretty sure if Travis Scott asked for an early PS5 they would have definitely sent him an early PS5. There aren't many bigger celebs out there (even if a lot of folks in this thread thinks otherwise), certainly not ones who can help you sell a product like the PS5.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Travis is cool with the kids. Kids wanna be like Travis. Kids buy PS5 even if they can't play Elder Scrolls on it.
Kids don't care about Elder Scrolls.

There are hands on with PS5 starting in early October, I also think Geoff implied he has one too. They are definitely in the wild.

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I voted fake, but after snooping his socials it would be stupid to not give him one. It's like the cheapest advertising to such a massive following.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
He has a special edition Nerf Fortnite AR going for $200+ on EBay. My kid loved the event he did, anyone know if that item is gonna be on sell normally or was it a preorder deal back when the event happened?