• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
http://krsw.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1509295162/

Saw this thread on 2ch (or 5ch however they call themselves)
Seems like it'll be console title, most likely Switch.

パブリッシャーとしてセガと任天堂は神

Huh, interesting that he mentions Sega. I guess it must be Sega of, like, MegaDrive days? I dunno if today they're as willing to give devs money and just let them do whatever they want.

But in any case, amazing to hear from him again, can't wait to see what Treasure has in store!

Deleted member 11926

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've searched both "Treasure" and "Maegawa", and the only other thread doesn't have this information. I feel this is big enough for its own thread. If mods think otherwise, please feel free to merge it with the Camelot thread.

https://twitter.com/zen_nif/status/923879564593446912

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/924132491350306816

C'mon, Sin and Punishment Switch!

Man, that guy is such a treasure! I wanna high-five him so hard that it might be a sin and a punishment!
I show myself out already...

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love a Treasure comeback, even if it's just collections/ports of their older titles.

Sin and Punishment 1/2 HD on a single cartridge and a compilation of their Xbox 360 games (Bangai-O, Radiant Silvergun. Ikaruga, Guardian Heroes) on a single cartridge, please! Just get M2 to handle the ports!

Xythantiops

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to see Konami get Treasure and G.rev back together again and release Gradius 6.

That sort of thing only happens in my wildest of dreams but it's still good to hear from Treasure again.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
If they are smart they are working on a digital-only 2D action game with 2 player coop for Switch (Gunstar Heroes 2 or 3 or even a new IP).
The console is wildly popular at the moment and it's a fertile ground for such kind of games.

HPH

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see what they have in store! Now we also need Irem and Sunsoft back : )

Oct 28, 2017
Man I'm just happy Treasure even still exists. I actually had to look them up a couple days ago because they were so silent I figured they'd closed and I never found out. Treasure and Game Arts are the two developers whom I will unconditionally buy a title from regardless of marketing or review scores. Both defined my childhood and it's a shame to see that they've both gone relatively quiet over the past decade or so.

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm glad Xbox Live got ports of Radiant Silvergun and Guardian Heroes.

I'd like to see a new Gunstar Heroes, or even a new Light Crusader game.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Huh, they're alive (Well, "they" might be pushing it, how many people do they have these days anyway?).

If they don't want to make social games their most logical and profitable choice would be to work with Nintendo on a new Star Fox that is not gimped by stupid decisions (Sin & Punishment would be nice but is not a big name at all).

Nirbion

Oct 25, 2017

Gunstar Heroes 2 to show those young bucks at MDHR how it's done
But...
791135-gunstar_super_heroes_gba_jp.jpg

And oh boy, please come back, Treasure. And please make an original new IP or for Nintendo a new Star Fox and redeem Star Fox Zero!
Sorry PG :,(

sd_falter

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I want to believe!

Didn't discover Treasure properly until their XBLA & Virtual Console re-releases last gen but damn did they make an impression.

Otherist

Oct 27, 2017
England
These Sin & Punishment posts warm my heart.

Literally my favourite games ever.

I went through a period circa 2's release where I was absolutely obsessed with them. As an interpretation of the arcade-style shooter, they're ingenious (I wish there were indie clones of them tbh), and in terms of game design they're masterclasses. The idiosyncratic level concepts, moody art styles and unapologetically incoherent stories just make them more endearing. The series is one of gaming's many beautiful forgotten children.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Social mobile games are a market reality though. They're too lucrative to ignore. Even Nintendo getting on that train, and many thought they would be the last holdouts. The trick for Japanese publishers is to find a balance between packaged games and mobile, and most have done that. Treasure is a small company though and likely doesn't have the resources to focus on both. Their last game came out 3 years ago.

Interested to see what they're working on anyway though. I'm a simple man. I see a Sin & Punishment on the eShop, I buy it.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
At this point I'd take anything. Glad to hear him say that though, such a relief.
If the rumour of the Switch game is true according to that NicoNico video, then that'd be beyond amazing. I really do hope that Nintendo are funding a game for them to work on and that it will be awesome. I miss Treasure so damn much. We need them.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Social mobile games are a market reality though. They're too lucrative to ignore. Even Nintendo getting on that train, and many thought they would be the last holdouts. The trick for Japanese publishers is to find a balance between packaged games and mobile, and most have done that. Treasure is a small company though and likely doesn't have the resources to focus on both. Their last game came out 3 years ago.

Interested to see what they're working on anyway though. I'm a simple man. I see a Sin & Punishment on the eShop, I buy it.
I agree, but it's good to have at least one japanese developer not interested in social games. At least for me as a niche consumer, lol