• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mob_skater

Oct 30, 2017
Edmonton
Finally got the Mein Leben trophy from Wolfenstein 2.

After 3 grueling weeks or trying every night for 3-4 hours, luck was finally on my side. I made it to the very end at least 6 times, dying at the end. One try, I had killed the 2 bosses and then a grunt soldier killed me. The run before the make, I had again made it to the end and the enemy spawns were abnormal to my practice runs and I died trying to switch up my strategy. The run after that went my way thankfully!

Now all I have to do is do the miscellaneous trophies and the plat will be mine. :)

OP
OP
oggob

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Hm, since I am currently in the situation where I need a special Online Trophy in a dead game, do you think a trophy/achievement boosting/help Thread would be OK in this forum?

Or ask in here if someone can help... Platinum Raven and I have had KZ3 session to unlock the base trophies... we'll be going again sometime this week for a couple more

Otherwise, a thread would be fine, but I would suggest you'd have more luck with PSNProfiles directly, seeing as you can look to schedule a time for others to show up

Dec 7, 2017

After 3 grueling weeks or trying every night for 3-4 hours, luck was finally on my side. I made it to the very end at least 6 times, dying at the end. One try, I had killed the 2 bosses and then a grunt soldier killed me. The run before the make, I had again made it to the end and the enemy spawns were abnormal to my practice runs and I died trying to switch up my strategy. The run after that went my way thankfully!

Now all I have to do is do the miscellaneous trophies and the plat will be mine. :)

Ayy! Good on ya dude! That trophy is a real doozy so good on you!! Hopefully you'll get the platinum ASAP, that's one you should really be proud of ^_^

Or ask in here if someone can help... Platinum Raven and I have had KZ3 session to unlock the base trophies... we'll be going again sometime this week for a couple more

Otherwise, a thread would be fine, but I would suggest you'd have more luck with PSNProfiles directly, seeing as you can look to schedule a time for others to show up
I swear the Grand Slam trophy is glitched or something, because we definitely won all 3 game modes and I've since tried to do win all 3, have won all 3 and it still hasn't unlocked ;-;
Hopefully if we get it done next session all in one go on the same sever, it should work and then we'll at least be able to get the platinum for KZ3 before the servers go down. :)

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
How abnormal is it for achievement notifications to simply not pop? This was on a console that was just factory reset, and notifications were not turned off. Even when they were toggled off then back on it didn't change anything.

Just found it weird

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
How abnormal is it for achievement notifications to simply not pop? This was on a console that was just factory reset, and notifications were not turned off. Even when they were toggled off then back on it didn't change anything.

Just found it weird

Notifications not popping has happened to me a number of times. I don't think there is actually a fix you can do, it should just fix by it's self. It's just as annoying as the Done....Unlocking for achievements.

RyoonZ

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Congrats! Impressive as hell.
I played this game on baby mode since I know I won't get the platz lol

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum #204 - Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Fun, but feels like a step back from II - in combat and general movement. Also feels clearly like a sort of expansion to the existing game rather than something like the AC1 - AC2 jump. I guess it might've been different with the multiplayer on previous gen?

Still, I never played this or Revelations, so going back to it was alright.

Platinum #205 just now - Rime

Firstly, as someone who struggles with informally diagnosed depression, fuck those last two levels.

Secondly, it's alright. Would be loads better if it performed better in general - framerate is all over the place and controls are just absolutely screwed in parts. Lovely art style, nice sense of scale, etc. Not a full price game for sure, but yeah. Did I say fuck those last two levels already?

Finally, just to toot my horn a bit: I set out with a goal to trophy speedrun this. Unless there's some glitches or OOB tricks that speedrunners use that I don't, 2:37:52 will absolutely be beatable, but it's going to be tough :D

Emilijo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2v3jv6b.jpg

OP
OP
oggob

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Hi All!

I just wanted to provide an update at the moment, when I was sourcing the monthly update before the weekend just past I was seeing some unusual instances that were happening to some accounts.

There were some instances where PSN Profiles was showing "Missing Timestamp" for some trophies. In one of the worst cases that I saw before abandoning for he time being, a user had over 80 trophies without a Timestamp. What that meant was for those ~80 trophies, they are dumped onto their Day 1 haul, so a person with 1 trophy on their first day suddenly had over 80... And in turn will drop the value of other months depending on the when they were actually obtained.

I tried to have the PSN Profile website resync the data from the front page, but that failed to change anything. I am not sure if it's a glitch with their site, or something else.

I have reached out to PSN Profiles via the Contact Us section to see if they can shed any light. Likely to hit up their forums also if I don't hear back. So their won't be an update at the moment until I hear back to see what is going on and or what changes I might have to accommodate.

Cheers!

mob_skater

Oct 30, 2017
Edmonton
Plat #333 Wolfenstein II
Plat #334 Ruiner

Wolfenstein II is definitely my most satisfying plat, followed by Max Payne 3.

Playing through my backlog now until Far Cry/God of War.
Currently working on Need for Speed Payback.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
And here I am just happy to have gotten my 11th plat with Nier: Automata and hit lvl 20 finally... Lookin' at all you damn trophy whores..... I'm an embarassment!

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Been quite a bit of time since I've done an update here

1L617665.png

Plat#21: God of War

Fun game. Still holds up surprisingly well. This plat was relatively easy too.

1L3440aa.png

Plat#22: God of War 2
Fantastic game. The plat for this was pretty easy as well.

That's most of what I've gotten since the last update. I'm currently playing Life is Strange which will likely be my next plat. Also have Bastion and Rime to play. At some point I'm probably going to go back and finish Chain of Memories for KH. I got very close, but just never finished it. Progress below for anyone whose curious.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5912-kingdom-hearts-rechain-of-memories/Rin_Tohsaka11

xZoneHunter

Oct 25, 2017
Havent posted here in a while, but i just platinumed Monster Hunter World as my #202 plat. Coming in at about 320hrs.

The game was absolutely amazing and a blast to play with friends. Cant wait for the DLC releases.

pqvqs

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Havent posted here in a while, but i just platinumed Monster Hunter World as my #202 plat. Coming in at about 320hrs.

The game was absolutely amazing and a blast to play with friends. Cant wait for the DLC releases.

Game really is amazing and the reason I didn't get a single plat in February. I'm with 200 hundred hours and I don't think I'll drop it before getting plat (I probably can do that with 100 more hours or so).

JSoup

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #74 - Back to the Future: The Game 30th Anniversary Edition
I played this in the broken up episode format when it was new. Animations didn't age well. And what a lazy ass platinum trophy, couldn't even spring for a custom image, just the default pic of a trophy.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum #74 - Back to the Future: The Game 30th Anniversary Edition
I played this in the broken up episode format when it was new. Animations didn't age well. And what a lazy ass platinum trophy, couldn't even spring for a custom image, just the default pic of a trophy.
Reminds me of Just Cause 2 where every image is this. Yet the 360 game had custom images.
1S102c1a.png

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum #206 - Knack

Jokes are fun, memes are fun, mindless fun is sometimes fun. But anyone unironically calling this thing a masterpiece is going straight on my ignore list. It's just so tedious and unfun to play for the majority of its duration.

Platinum #208 - The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

Expected : PS+ trash.
Got: a surprisingly well done adventure game that's held back by a weak second half and technical / scripting / lack of polish problems, and the realisation that yes, adventure games are still dead and I wish that wasn't the case. Enjoyable enough.

Platinum #209 - Ratchet & Clank

I'm really not a fan of the new plot direction / tie-in to the movie - original game did that better and the planet progression slightly better. Aside from that and the game ignoring the quick weapon switch input at almost all times, it was pretty good.

JSoup

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #75 - Energy Cycle (PS4)
Platinum #76 - Energy Cycle (Vita)

Not a bad puzzle game. Simple and engaging.

Also, PSN Lvl. 30 attained.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Platinum #75 - Energy Cycle (PS4)
Platinum #76 - Energy Cycle (Vita)

Not a bad puzzle game. Simple and engaging.

Also, PSN Lvl. 30 attained.

Simple and engaging because of the mashing of the X button? :)

Can't believe the Jak trilogy isn't in the flash sale when it is in the EU sale this week. Double hurts because the games are very easy plats now. :(

Emilijo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After 300 races grind, I reached level 50 in Gran Turismo Sport for what I got gold trophy. It's already my rarest trophy on my new account.

15i6l3m.jpg

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
At long last... Final Fantasy 9 platinum!

Watch out for the S-Rank treasure hunter trophy, almost screwed up my entire run and barely scraped by

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
At long last... Final Fantasy 9 platinum!

Watch out for the S-Rank treasure hunter trophy, almost screwed up my entire run and barely scraped by
Nice job. Not sure if I'll ever get it myself. Square is always throwing in some crazy stuff like lighting dodges or jump ropes, ain't nobody got time for all of that.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Nice job. Not sure if I'll ever get it myself. Square is always throwing in some crazy stuff like lighting dodges or jump ropes, ain't nobody got time for all of that.

I used the remote play script, no shame whatsoever. I'm not going to push a button in perfect rhythm for 7.5 minutes, ain't nobody got time for that indeed

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Platinum #22: Horizon Zero Dawn.

Got five more for 100% though. Three more DLC trophies and then doing New Game+ on Ultra Hard...

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
But... But that's ridiculous, surely? Sounds like a trophy that's there to stop people from getting the Plat...

Don't worry, trophy community already figured it out. You just use an autokey script on PC while you remote play the game on PS4, it enters the commands at the right time. That plus a turbo controller for afk grinding and it's actually a pretty easy plat, just time consuming and requires planning

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #77: Gravity Rush Remastered
1Lbfed98.png

It's all Relative

Platinum #78: Gravity Rush 2
1Lf8b92e.png

Ultimate Shifter
These are my latest platinums. Only 2 plats away from a new milestone, i'm thinking of keep Yakuza 6 as my 80th plat, till then i got plenty of time to get my 79th. Not sure which one it'll be though.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I think Monster Hunter has kicked me back into a trophy collecting spree. I'm nowhere near as the level most people in this thread are, but I'm slowly getting back into the groove. I recently picked up the Rocket League Platinum (only my 7th Plat) and I'm now tackling a variety of games. I'm not necessarily aiming for Platinum trophies on everything, but aiming to bring my trophy level up is incentivizing me to play a varierty of games.
Having a ton of fun at least!

Games I'm currently playing (for trophies):

Ratchet and Clank
Unfinished Swan
Pixeljunk Monsters (hard as nails)
Geometry Wars 3 (Vita)

I also hope to pick up the Monster Hunter platinum at some point (there are two major roadblock trophies) and I might finally get back to Tekken 7 's story mode in order to get that Platinum as well.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #79: Ratchet & Clank
1L78e2ce.png

The Hero of Heroes
It was my first time trying a R&C game, seems like it was a retell of the first game, or a reboot i suppose? Either way i had a lot of fun, a bit on the short side but still, if there's ever a sequel i'll definitely play it!

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
Far Cry 5 Trophies are up:

We Always Had Faith In You
73_trophy.png

Obtain all the Trophies

Spoilery Story Trophy 1 (hidden)
trophy.png

Hidden (Solo Campaign only)

Spoilery Story Trophy 2 (hidden)
92_trophy.png

Spoilery Story Trophy 3 (hidden)
trophy.png

Spoilery Story Trophy 4 (hidden)
92_trophy.png

Spoilery Story Trophy 5 (hidden)
trophy.png

Together Forever
77_trophy.png

Get to the End (Solo Campaign only)

Spoilery Story Trophy 6 (hidden)
77_trophy.png

Spoilery Story Trophy 7 (hidden)
92_trophy.png

Spoilery Story Trophy 8 (hidden)
trophy.png

Spoilery Story Trophy 9 (hidden)
trophy.png

Spoilery Story Trophy 10 (hidden)
trophy.png

Ain't No Wallflower
trophy.png

Who are these people? Speak to 50 citizens of Hope County (Campaign only)

Been There, Done That
trophy.png

Bag and net one of each type of fish and animal in the county (Campaign only)

Liberator
trophy.png

Liberate 5 locations from the Project at Eden's Gate (Campaign only)

Scavenger
trophy.png

Follow the clues to the end of 3 treasure hunts (Campaign only)

What Now?
trophy.png

Complete 3 more Resistance objectives after liberating an Outpost (Campaign only)

The Greatest SOB That Ever Lived
trophy.png

Laugh in danger's face by executing a Clutch Nixon stunt in each region (Campaign only)

Pack Rat
92_trophy.png

Grab 1 of each collectible item. You never know when it will come in handy (Campaign only)

A Wing And A Prayer
trophy.png

Fly Nick's plane. Hopefully you're not afraid of heights (Campaign only)

Troublemaker
92_trophy.png

Discover the joys of destroying cult property in every region (Campaign only)

Sewer Rat
trophy.png

Destroy a cult water treatment pump and make them thirst for revenge (Campaign only)

Peachy Keen
trophy.png

Bait Peaches into going back home (Campaign only)

Kicking the Hornet's Nest
trophy.png

Trigger the wrath of a Herald (Campaign only)

ARCADE Player
92_trophy.png

Reach level 20 in the Arcade (Arcade only)

ARCADE Hero
trophy.png

Play the 'Arcade Hero' mode 5 times (Arcade only)

ARCADE Hunter
trophy.png

Kill 100 enemies in Arcade Multiplayer maps (Arcade only)

ARCADE Enthusiast
trophy.png

Successfully complete 10 featured Arcade maps in Solo or Co-op (Arcade only)

ARCADE Competitor
trophy.png

Win 10 featured maps in Multiplayer (Arcade only)

The Hurk Locker
trophy.png

Truly bond with Hurk by destroying 15 vehicles together (Campain only)

Hope County Master Angler
92_trophy.png

Acquire all 4 Fishing Rods (Campaign only)

Locked and Loaded
trophy.png

Fully customize your weapon (Campaign only)

Ghost Kill
trophy.png

Perform a Headshot kill with any bow or rifle on an enemy cultist more than 150m away (Campaign only)

Extra Crafty
trophy.png

Craft 25 recipes (Campaign only)

Fashion FIrst
trophy.png

Purchase $1000 in clothing (Campaign only)

Big Spender
trophy.png

Spend $50000 in Vehicle Shops (Campaign only)

Stocked Garage
trophy.png

Buy 3 vehicles to populate your garage (Campaign only)

Ace Killer
trophy.png

Destroy 10 planes while driving any aerial vehicle (Campaign only)

Squash and Run
trophy.png

Run over and kill 20 enemies (Campaign only)

Fertilizing the Land
trophy.png

Using a tractor, obliterate 5 enemies (Campaign only)

Death From Above
trophy.png

Drop a bomb from a plane and destroy or disable 4 vehicles at once (Campaign only)

Opportunity Knocks
trophy.png

Using rocks or cans, distract 15 enemies (Campaign only)

Road Gunner
trophy.png

While driving or leaning out of a vehicle, kill 25 enemies (Campaign only)

Fish Market
trophy.png

Sell 20 fish for cash (Campaign only)

Where's the Beef?
trophy.png

Tenderize a bull with your bare hands. To death (Campaign only)

Ignoble Beast
trophy.png

Kill a bison using only melee weapons (Campaign only)

Hitting it Off
trophy.png

Play 3 quests with a friend (Campaign only)

Like A Bird
trophy.png

Use a wingsuit to travel more than 5000m (Campaign only)

Close and Personal
92_trophy.png

Perform 25 close combat Takedown Kills (Campaign only)

Explosive Surprise
92_trophy.png

Sabotage 5 vehicles in a way that kills an enemy (Campaign only)

Survivalist
92_trophy.png

Purchase half of all perks available (Campaign only)

Doesn't look to bad at all, it looks like there is only one co-op trophy. Not sure what Arcade Mode is though, I think that is the Multiplayer (Map Maker).

Source: http://www.powerpyx.com/far-cry-5-trophy-list-revealed/

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Been on a bit of a roll the last two days.

Yesterday I got the A Way Out platinum.

Today I got the Batman Enemy Within and Yakuza 6 platinums.

JSoup

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #77 - Batman: The Enemy Within
Found it much more engaging than season 1.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Got my Ratchet & Clank platinum this weekend. Also finished up Tekken 7 two weeks ago. I'm now at a whopping total of 11 Platinums. Next up: Horizon Zero Dawn. This one should take me a while.

JSoup

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #78 - Jak II
Platinum #79 - Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Platinum #80 - Jak 3

Really fun series. But I've played the hell out of each in the past, so I used the newly discovered databug menu for quick platinums.

Last edited:

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden
Platinum #70 - Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited

Now, I wish I could tell you guys how many hours this took... But I can't.

Because my in-game time is glitched. Last time I remembered, it was 150-something hours. Now it's 21k.

cDQEtNAl.jpg

Last edited:

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Can you add me to the list for scoring for April too (I was on the old forum, but I don't think I made it onto this new list yet). Something tells me I'm going to have a very good month (mostly because I'm taking part in fellow resetera member DrewM1788's Trophy War Season 3 on his weekly twitch talk show TheLevelupshow, http://www.twitch.tv/thelevelupshow, starting Sunday April 15th-May 13th).

https://psnprofiles.com/Netguy503

(please tell me if I did this correctly to be added to the trophy rankings for this month as this is my first time doing it on these forums. Thank you.)

Last edited:

JSoup

Oct 27, 2017
Platinum #81 - Hitman GO: Definitive Edition
Liked the style more than the game itself. Seems like it would have been better on a phone.