• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Well, yeah. BO4 not having SP makes it really easy for me to skip it - which would be a first since COD3 which was console exclusive back in PS360 era.

JosephMichael

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
IMO - At the end of the day I DO believe the lack of a single player experience will hinder sales. I do not think it was a smart decision by Treyarch considering that they already dropped around 10.5% of sales between BO2 and BO3 (total units) which HAD a single player campaign.

Don't get me wrong.. COD still does sell and will continue to for at least the next few installments, but sales numbers are trending downwards. I think that adding a team to focus on and take advantage of BR hype was smart, but the decision to eliminate an element of their game that (based off numbers here) about 40% consider while making their purchase wasn't a good idea.

Edit: This game should also not cost $60.. again, IMO

Last edited:

DeeDogg

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Florida
I dont care about factual statistics! Some 12 year old dude told me no one plays single player and that its dead, therefore, it is dead!

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
According to what we know, its not as if they planned for BOIIII to ditch the campaign from the get go. It got cancelled part way through development, presumably due to time.

Chill out. If Activision is really wrong here, it'll show in sales, and they won't do this again.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think that BR being what it is at the moment, it'll probably do very well or probably better than it would have with just a normal campaign. I just think that pointing at Titanfall 2 as an example of why campaigns don't sell tons of copies is a bit flawed since there were other factors that completely screwed that game over.
Fair enough. So we agree this won't have a material impact on sales. So can you blame the developer for not including it?

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I think just looking at trophy percentages aren't telling the whole picture. Even if they did, only 1 in 4 people bothered to complete the SP campaign. And if I had to guess, the SP campaign requires just as much, if not more, time & resources as the multi player modes. And this isn't even comparing the hours posted.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
My initial thought is that looking at it like this is very misleading.

How many people played it offline, or on other accounts. I didn't touch COD WW's campaign and played MP but didn't prestige but did reach the cap.

MPrza

Oct 30, 2017
I was mildly upset to hear BO4 will not have a campaign. But thinking about it just now, I haven't completed a COD campaign since Modern Warfare 3.