• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

"An 18-year-old Dallas-born U.S. citizen has been in the custody of U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Immigration and Customs Enforcement for more than three weeks, his attorney says.

Now his family fears he may be deported.

Galicia wasn't allowed to use the phone for the three weeks he was in CBP custody, Sanjuana said. But he has been able to make collect calls to his mother since since Saturday, when Galicia was transferred to ICE's custody.

Galan said she met with CBP officers last week and presented them with Galicia's birth certificate and some other documents but was unsuccessful in getting him released. She plans on presenting the same documents to ICE officers later this week.

"I presented then with his original birth certificate and other documents and they ignored them. So now I've faxed over all the documents to the ICE agent handling the case," Galan said. "He's going on a full month of being wrongfully detained. He's a U.S. citizen and he needs to be released now."

1563842457-Francisco-Erwin-Galicia.jpg

The creep toward nazism continues. I am sure Pelosi sends her thoughts and prayers.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
bring out the pictures of him dressed in grade school clothes and standing in line to get on the bus, pictures of him as a kid at soccer practice. That imagery would bust Trump's shit up.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

"An 18-year-old Dallas-born U.S. citizen has been in the custody of U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Immigration and Customs Enforcement for more than three weeks, his attorney says.

Now his family fears he may be deported.

Galicia wasn't allowed to use the phone for the three weeks he was in CBP custody, Sanjuana said. But he has been able to make collect calls to his mother since since Saturday, when Galicia was transferred to ICE's custody.

Galan said she met with CBP officers last week and presented them with Galicia's birth certificate and some other documents but was unsuccessful in getting him released. She plans on presenting the same documents to ICE officers later this week.

"I presented then with his original birth certificate and other documents and they ignored them. So now I've faxed over all the documents to the ICE agent handling the case," Galan said. "He's going on a full month of being wrongfully detained. He's a U.S. citizen and he needs to be released now."

1563842457-Francisco-Erwin-Galicia.jpg

The creep toward nazism continues. I am sure Pelosi sends her thoughts and prayers.
You mean pelosi sends more money their way.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What a perfect example of the fallacy that is religion.
All Might from My Hero Academia would not be friends with Donald Trump after all this, no sir.
Which God? Which religion? What God lets children die locked up in cages and travel to islands with a President and pedophiles?
Lmao, while I agree - there is no need to derail this discussion. That guy is on the same side as you all lol

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lmao, while I agree - there is no need to derail this discussion. That guy is on the same side as you all lol
No, it's a dangerous line of thinking because he's just assuming that we can leave it to "God" to right the wrongs when the truth of the matter is that only us, human beings, can enact change and make sure justice is served.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, we're in agreement (don't fall over).
Since 2012, ICE has released from its custody more than 1,480 people after investigating their citizenship claims, according to agency figures. And a Times review of Department of Justice records and interviews with immigration attorneys uncovered hundreds of additional cases in the country's immigration courts in which people were forced to prove they are Americans and sometimes spent months or even years in detention.
The organization's been rotten since its inception. It should be abolished and its vital functions such as drug and human trafficking investigation and enforcement reconstituted under the DoJ with actual legal oversight.

Or what Kirblar said and abolish the whole DHS and put anything vital inside the DoJ. Which is kind of what INS was.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
This was always the goal. Needing to see one's papers, as they say. Defining citizenship as whiteness.
Under this administration, most likely.

But see the LA Times article above. ICE has been doing this and has had this mentality for at least seven years, which is even greater argument for its abolition.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, and he'll be shocked, SHOCKED, when he loses 2024 to the GoP candidate by a landslide, just like Gerald Ford...
Gerald Ford lost by a hair, and if one or two states had gone differently, he would've won.

But yes, the Nixon pardon played the decisive role in an election so close. I don't see the next president pardoning Trump, however.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gerald Ford lost by a hair, and if one or two states had gone differently, he would've won.

But yes, the Nixon pardon played the decisive role in an election so close. I don't see the next president pardoning Trump, however.

Yeah, you're right. I mixed it up with the 1980 election where Reagan annihilated Carter electoral-wise.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

The next president is not going to set the precedent that a succeeding president will punish them.