• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dragonchild

Oct 26, 2017
And the media is still treating this administration with kid gloves...
My understanding is that that's part & parcel of the Nazi story. Apparently the German media didn't take Hitler seriously right up until the SS showed up at their doors.

Don't waste any time putting any expectations on the media. They are, at the structural level, utterly incapable of filling the role of informing the public.

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
But Obama has indeed killed American citizens before. With drones.

Remember Abdulrahman Al-Aulaqi? Or Anwar al-Awlaki, despite the fact that he had never been charged with (let alone convicted of) any crime? I guess their Arab names just make it easier to swallow.

Though I suppose this is not actually the time or the place to discuss such a thing.

This is why i dont like Obama. Extra judicial killings of people on the pretext of supposed terrorism without any oversight and with the collateral killing of others was evil, any way you slice it. Fuck Obama for expanding that program.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Fuck Trump's bitch ass, his family, his administration, and anyone who voted for him or supports him.

My family is full of legalized immigrants and I'll be damned if he takes them away from me.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they get paid for wrongful imprisonment and emotional distress.

Last edited:
It's not that Trump isn't using ICE and CBP as terror organizations, but this has been happening for decades due to malicious incompetence and outright racist infiltration of CBP.

I recall that many people who are natural born, or naturalized, citizens have been abducted off the street by CBP checkpoints and held without seeing a court; or bussed into Mexico and dropped off somewhere.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
ICE or CBP officers won't be the ones to release him, the DHS Counsel will handle his case once he's given a court date. If they're smart, they'd release him now. Barring that, he'll have to wait for his first court date where he can present his BC and other documents to the judge and have the case terminated. Since he's detained he shouldn't have to wait too long for his first court hearing.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*sigh*

Guys, stop blaming Trump for this shit. It's not him, and it never was. Its fun to blame him and hate on him, but he's not the REASON. Just a SYMPTOM.

ICE has been around halfway after George W. Bush took office. It's been harshing on brown people ever since. Obama didn't do much to get it shut down, either.

The sickness has been around for a LONG time. It's interwoven within Homeland Security. And the folks trapped in the system are going to be suffering for a long time, because there are lots of resources to enforce, but not nearly as much to process. Which is why you see the stories of 6 year olds having to defend themselves in court, and guys like this who sit in immigration jail despite being American citizens.

This isn't a Trump Admin thing. Its an American thing. And it's working as intended.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
They will be one day. God sees everything, & he doesn't like ugly.
If God gave man free will and free choice, he looks on and waits for mankind to do something. Mankind DOES NOTHING. In a sane world, we'd never have let it get this far. Though, in a sane world, demagogues and fascists would hunted down and taken out like the scum they are, preventing them from EVER attaining power to warp society to their will.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this really the place for you all to argue and bicker over whether or not God exists?

1UvxLYV.jpg

God is not here today, Priest.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
"what our country needs right now is to heal, not hate" will be the excuse, too
Literally what Pelosi did with Bush. Defending Republicans and complicit Democrats is inexcusable.
Is this really the place for you all to argue and bicker over whether or not God exists?
Religious zealotry and cultism has resulted in the oppression of many globally so, it is nearly always an appropriate time to discuss the atrocities of religion tbh.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
*sigh*

Guys, stop blaming Trump for this shit. It's not him, and it never was. Its fun to blame him and hate on him, but he's not the REASON. Just a SYMPTOM.

ICE has been around halfway after George W. Bush took office. It's been harshing on brown people ever since. Obama didn't do much to get it shut down, either.

The sickness has been around for a LONG time. It's interwoven within Homeland Security. And the folks trapped in the system are going to be suffering for a long time, because there are lots of resources to enforce, but not nearly as much to process. Which is why you see the stories of 6 year olds having to defend themselves in court, and guys like this who sit in immigration jail despite being American citizens.

This isn't a Trump Admin thing. Its an American thing. And it's working as intended.

No, it's a Trump thing. It wasn't this bad under either Obama or Bush. You have no idea the amount of policies this shit administration has inplemented to make things near impossible for immigrants and to forcibly detain people.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

How the hell would this even work. Deport people where exactly?

"You: black man. Prove you're American or be thrown into Mexico!" Though I imagine this is targeted far more at Hispanics or people of middle-eastern descent.

Either way, it's extremely shitty, but I'm not quite understanding how this would work logistically.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell would this even work. Deport people where exactly?

"You: black man. Prove you're American or be thrown into Mexico!" Though I imagine this is targeted far more at Hispanics or people of middle-eastern descent.

Either way, it's extremely shitty, but I'm not quite understanding how this would work logistically.
Everyone brown being targeted is "mexican" or "muslim". They don't care where they put em.