Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Hope breaking down as soon as the defense started questioning her about Trump isn't a great look for him in front of the jury...

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
Reporting is divided, quite sharply, as to whether Hicks' testimony is bad or good for Trump.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Hope breaking down as soon as the defense started questioning her about Trump isn't a great look for him in front of the jury...
Yeah, I'm not so sure. She's either afraid or feels like it's a betrayal of him.

She's speaking very consistently about how Cohen often went rogue. Reallllllllly interested how redirect is going to go here. I'm pretty sure she's the prosecution's witness, and that's intimation about Cohen going rogue, Cohen wanting to be a fixer and do stuff that will help Trump without formally being part of the campaign makes it sound like Trump never told Cohen to do what he did.

I'll point out, too, that Cohen's representation is that Trump was like a mob boss and that he always spoke in code. You were supposed to do the right thing by Trump even if he didn't say it to you directly. The defense here wants to basically say Cohen did this completely on his own, and Trump never really ordered it, and that the payments were simply Trump paying him for various legal services, which Cohen (on his own) represented as being reimbursement for what he did with the Stormy story.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
lol

View: https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1786481917728083975
Reporter: What was it like to see Hope Hicks?

Trump: So I'm not allowed to comment on any of that as you know I'm under a gag order

arrested-development-george-michael-bluth.gif

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
Reporting is divided, quite sharply, as to whether Hicks' testimony is bad or good for Trump.

I did see this, but I don't know how reliable this person is (or who they are).

View: https://x.com/AWeissmann_/status/1786479393323225560

Why Hicks is such a devastating witness against Trump: 1. Hicks makes clear Trump knew of the Cohen payoff scheme to Daniels.
2. Even if you believe his statement to her that he only learned after the fact.
3. Her testimony sinks Trump's defense since he is on record in a civil case admitting that he reimbursed Cohen the $130,000.
4. Hicks establishes that Trump knew that money was for Daniel's silence- not for the claimed legal fees for ongoing legal work by Cohen.

Hicks suggests that #2 was a lie by Trump to her (because she testified that Cohen was not a charitable kind of guy who would keep his good deed to himself), but it does not matter- even if the jury believes Trump only knew later, he knew PRIOR to making all the reimbursement payments to Cohen.

And Hicks' crying on the stand makes it that much clearer that she does not want to be implicating her former boss-- the DA is making the case, as the J6C did, through Trump loyalists.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Cohen flying off the handle to be Trump's fixer is exactly his job, as his fixer. To handle it all, and be the go-between for Trump. So Hicks saying that about Cohen isn't all that surprising.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it sounded like they were using the fact that Hicks doesn't have an axe to grind with Trump to their advantage. It gives her a layer of credibility over someone like Cohen.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Are they still going to cross examine her or is she done?
She's done and has been excused. DA opted not to redirect after cross was over.

Yeah, it sounded like they were using the fact that Hicks doesn't have an axe to grind with Trump to their advantage. It gives her a layer of credibility over someone like Cohen.
Same thing with Pecker. He gave very convincing testimony in large part because he still speaks fondly of Trump and doesn't hold the same vitriol as Cohen. That's the goal of the prosecution here, in that the defense's sole argument is that Cohen is a liar and has an axe to grind. The DA is relying as much as they can on others' testimony to prove their case.

Oct 26, 2017
Stormy, when she pulled back the veil.

Trump in court, court of slumber

Pecker and Hicks, their faces wet

Trump, eyes red, mouth gagged

Scavino with ears burning, fingers moving

DJT, when the stock fell

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Jason also is (or looks?) significantly larger since that scene haha. It's hard to tell from that clip that he's 6'4"

Off topic, so I apologize, but this just reminded me that a few years back, one of the last comic conventions I went to before the pandemic shut everything down, Jason Momoa was there signing autographs, and he was standing around, and dude is fucking huge in person! I mean, I'm a short guy, so most folks are tall to me (XD XD), but still, I was actually taken aback by how tall he was. I can't remember if he was wearing boots, but he seemed significantly taller than 6'4" lol. I have friends that tall, but he definitely was taller than that XD

Same with Shaqueille O'Neil! I served him popcorn and a drink while him and Ian Zeiring were in line back when The Phantom Menace was playing at the theater I worked at, and, yeah, some of these dudes are legit giants in person.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
name one legal scholar. just one.

ancient hahahaha ok

You think you can "gotcha" Trump that easily? He called John Eastman "the leading Constitutional scholar in the country", because he was willing to say that the Constitution said Pence could crown Trump. I doubt he'd have any trouble naming a "scholar", whether it's Alina Babba or John Barron. Or Cricket the dead dog.

Oct 27, 2017
You think you can "gotcha" Trump that easily? He called John Eastman "the leading Constitutional scholar in the country", because he was willing to say that the Constitution said Pence could crown Trump. I doubt he'd have any trouble naming a "scholar", whether it's Alina Babba or John Barron. Or Cricket the dead dog.
Don't forget that douchebag Fitton

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Or "many people".

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
The court site with the transcripts isn't working for me anymore. Spits out a SSL handshake fail since at least yesterday. Guess I'll never know what Davidson said or how those supposed pauses went down during cross examination.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Day 12 starting in about 15 minutes. No idea which witness we will get.

The court site with the transcripts isn't working for me anymore. Spits out a SSL handshake fail since at least yesterday. Guess I'll never know what Davidson said or how those supposed pauses went down during cross examination.

I guess there will be a lot of press on their case to fix it - fingers crossed.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Contempt ruling here. (Guilty on 1 of the 4 counts).

because this is now the tenth time that this Court has found Defendant in criminal contempt, spanning three separate motions, it is apparent that monetary fines have not, and will not, suffice to deter Defendant from violating this Court's lawful orders.

THEREFORE, Defendant is hereby put on notice that if appropriate and warranted, future violations of its lawful orders will be punishable by incarceration

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
All it takes is one brave judge to jail him and then the rest will finally breathe and do likewise.