• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
For example, they covered more-or-less the same ground on statute of limitations as I did a few posts above, but also noted that in 2020 Andrew Cuomo by executive order suspended the statute of limitations in New York because of the pandemic. I'd never have spotted that!
LegalEagle also mentioned this in his videos. He also seems to think that Trump moving to Florida wouldn't have paused the statute of limitation because that pause is for specific things that this indictment doesn't fit so that extra 228 days because of Covid is the reason why it's still chargeable.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like Trump's Twitter effect is gone thanks to Elon lol

One of the main reasons Twitter wasn't as happening as it would have been in times past: It's become harder to find breaking news because of the changes made to Twitter under its new owner, Elon Musk. Some writers have stopped using the platform as much or left entirely because of Musk's openly hostile policy toward the media, and the app's design no longer distinguishes between verified reporters and people who pay for a check mark. Plus, Musk fired the curation team at Twitter that was responsible for surfacing valuable information during fast-paced moments like Trump's arrest.

www.vox.com

Trump is no longer the social media king

Why the former president’s arrest was a whimper, not a roar, on Twitter, a platform designed for these moments.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
LegalEagle also mentioned this in his videos. He also seems to think that Trump moving to Florida wouldn't have paused the statute of limitation because that pause is for specific things that this indictment doesn't fit so that extra 228 days because of Covid is the reason why it's still chargeable.

Nice to see that LegalEagle is making use of the same justsecurity.org essays that I linked to earlier!

That's a damn nuisance really. Twitter used to be a great source to find people livetweeting trials, but now I can't even see all of the journalists I am folllowing.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Nice to see that LegalEagle is making use of the same justsecurity.org essays that I linked to earlier!

That's a damn nuisance really. Twitter used to be a great source to find people livetweeting trials, but now I can't even see all of the journalists I am folllowing.
Yup. Musk ruined Twitter.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

And since it refuses to show anything in chronological order (instead showing me what it thinks I want to see in the order it thinks I want to see it,) it was impossible on Tuesday to get to the current tweets to follow anything close to live. I have a separate account that I keep all of my political follows on (so I can log out and turn them all off when I want to) and I had a hell of a time following anything live on there. I eventually just gave up and started following stuff here and listening to MSNBC.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Klepper with the MAGA's outside the courthouse.

"I don't believe this is justice. If he was a civilian..."
"He is a civilian. So he shouldn't go through the grand jury process?"
"I believe it should be dismissed."
"Because?"
"Because, umm, I... I'm going by general gut feeling."

www.youtube.com

Jordan Klepper Takes On Trump's Indictment Rally | The Daily Show

Trump has officially been arrested and Jordan Klepper takes on the streets of NYC to have...meaningful conversations with his supporters. #DailyShow #Comedy ...

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
I've been buying personalized Stormy Daniels photos for all my right wing family members. Just to rub more salt into the wound while it's fresh.

I don't know how the proceedings will go but I hope the law prevails here.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Ah the old "gut feeling" nonsense, that totally clears him.

Case closed.

My former best friend used that on me.

He confronted me over me calling out a mutual over Trump's anti-gay agenda. He said that if I block that friend I better block him. Because while it broke his heard, he couldn't have a person like me who covers for a pedophile as a friend.

"What?!"
"Biden is a pedophile. I don't have proof but I have a strong gut feeling…"

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Ex-Tabloid King Poses Threat to Donald Trump in Hush-Money Case

As the U.S. tabloid king, David Pecker once guarded Donald Trump's image. Now, he poses a threat to the former president.

During the 2016 presidential race, Mr. Trump enlisted Mr. Pecker, then chief executive of the National Enquirer's publisher, to protect him from sex scandals that could surface, according to prosecutors. The pact stemmed from a long relationship between the two characterized by mutual benefit and favor-trading.
Mr. Pecker, the former chief executive of American Media Inc., now could hurt the former president by serving as a witness in the Manhattan district attorney's case against him.
Mr. Pecker makes a cameo in a potentially critical piece of evidence in the case. In a September 2016 call secretly recorded by Mr. Cohen cited by prosecutors, Mr. Cohen told Mr. Trump: "I need to open up a company for the transfer of all of that info regarding our friend David," referring to Mr. Pecker.

The tape, which Mr. Cohen also released publicly in July 2018, suggests Mr. Trump was aware of American Media's $150,000 hush-money payment to Karen McDougal, a Playboy model, who had alleged that she had an affair with Mr. Trump.
Mr. Pecker in January was among the first witnesses to testify before the grand jury in Mr. Bragg's investigation, and he returned for a second appearance in late March. In his testimony, Mr. Pecker tied Mr. Trump directly to the deal with Ms. McDougal and the broader catch-and-kill scheme, according to people familiar with the matter.

He also turned over to prosecutors a calendar showing calls with Mr. Trump, one of these people said.

www.wsj.com

Ex-Tabloid King Poses Threat to Donald Trump in Hush-Money Case

Once enlisted to help protect Trump from scandal, David Pecker could provide testimony potentially hurting the ex-president in his criminal case.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
lmao 74 and he's still got it

Samuel-L.-Jackson-and-Brie-Larson.jpg

It's just me or there's something very wrong with that bottle? 🤔

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Just looks like one of the small ones? There's a shadow under it on the chair that maybe makes it looks a little strange, but that's all I see.

You've never seen a water bottle that size?

its just a reflection. they sell those 4 oz bottles or whatever size.

its like those coca cola bottles the spherical ones.

oh

I've never seen a water bottle that size, the smallest ones here in Italy are 0.5 litre

ty

(Commercial break)
Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
Lol dude at the gas station here in Florida: "well at least he's in NYC. We know they'll take care of their hometown boy. New York loves him as much as we do here."

I almost dropped my Ghost Sour Patch Kids Redberry drinks.

I've never heard of these but this post made my buy a case online. Arrived yesterday:
20230407-175403.jpg

Just had my first one. Holy crap I'm glad I stopped halfway. This 39 year old grandpa is wired as hell now. Hit me in like 5 minutes, wow. I have maybe 2 energy drinks a year - mostly just drink coffee.

Bengraven