• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Has there been literally any other person who's been in the courtroom that has complained about it being cold? All the "frozen courtroom" talk I've seen so far is just chumps citing Trump's complaints, but if this was truly some sort of an issue, surely his lawyers or the prosecutor or any of the reporters that are in there would have mentioned something about their own experience if it was noticeable, right?

Maybe he just thinks it's cold because his circulation is shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been literally any other person who's been in the courtroom that has complained about it being cold? All the "frozen courtroom" talk I've seen so far is just chumps citing Trump's complaints, but if this was truly some sort of an issue, surely his lawyers or the prosecutor or any of the reporters that are in there would have mentioned something about their own experience if it was noticeable, right?

I feel way colder when I'm nervous or scared.......maybe Trump does too

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017

No, I remember it being mentioned by a reporter or two that the heating in that courtroom is wonky and the options were either being too hot or too cold.

mentalmash

Jun 25, 2019

The folks at law fare (who have reporters in court and overflow rooms) have said there is basically no heating inside. The temperature is the same as whatever it is outside.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
When you should rot in hell everything else will feel chilling I guess.

Is there a link for the transcript from yesterday already?

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
From my experiences, most of those places; doctor's offices, dentist offices, movie theaters, businesses, tend to run cold, so if I know I'm going to be in a place like that for an extended period of time, I'll usually bring a jacket.

It's much easier to layer up and deal with cold, than to deal with stifling heat.

Maybe Trump should wear more layers if he's that cold? It's a really simple solution to a rather mundane problem. But of course, he just likes to complain, and turn any talking point he can into an example of how "mean" people are being to him.

He really is a fucking child.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017

The judge has commented on it several times, saying with the heating system it's a choice between too hot and too cold and he prefers it cold.

Is there a link for the transcript from yesterday already?

No, but Thursday's transcript is done. Including, from page 1102, Trump's latest gag order violations - which sound particularly egregious.

May 10, 2019
Manhattan is a state now?

Of course and they already have king...

giphy.gif

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks.

So from your earlier post, he is now at 14 gag order violations just in this case.

That must be unusual? Would you or I avoid jail after so many violations?

Probably it's not so much the number of violations that matters in terms of escalation, but the number of times he's found in contempt. And he's not been found in contempt yet.

Probably the same would happen to us: we'd first be told to knock it off and take the posts down, then fined, and only then jailed.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017

Javaman

Oct 31, 2017
both sound like a good way to keep the guy in line. having a babysitter mitigates most of the immediate harm, but he'll use rallies and 'press conferences' to make his threats, so that second part should be required to keep him behaved.

He's just going to shift to telling his surrogates what to say and pretending to not be involved.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
He's just going to shift to telling his surrogates what to say and pretending to not be involved.

i guess that's true - but they would be doing that anyway. their number one goal no matter how vile, hopeless, or stupid trump comes across that he spreads a message of greatness and liberals hate him for it.

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
It's going to come out one day that he specifically requested the temperature be lowered so he won't fall asleep in court again. Trump is exactly the kind of dipshit who would request it and then complain about it.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Yup. Would be trivial for him to be wearing an undershirt and thermal underwear.

Whiny brat.

Right? It's such a non-issue, but he lives for these moments. Anything to paint himself as a victim.

I'd honestly love to see a genuinely, academic analysis of his mind and behavior, because he truly acts like a child, and I can't wrap my head around a grown adult behaving like this, though he's honestly not the only adult I've encountered in my life that behaves that way.

It's like this mix of entitlement, privilege, his wealthy upbringing, and of course, his blatant narcissism and belief that he should have everything his way, at all times.

If he wasn't such a clear and present danger, I'd find it amusing. Instead, he's just infuriating.

Times were so much simpler when he was just the butt of a bunch of jokes in movies and tv shows, and was never taken seriously. Then half the country got it into their head that he'd make a good President of the United States, and now here we are, dealing with his bullshit. It's maddening.

If we don't keep him out of office this November, I'll officially lose whatever remaining faith I have in this country, and it's already at critically low levels...

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Trump's jurors hardly look at him. Trial experts say that's a good sign for everyone.

Reporters at Donald Trump's New York hush-money trial watch him continually.

They crane to glimpse the back of his head. A few aim little binoculars at the courtroom's overhead screens to better gauge his expressions — and his alertness.
But the 12 jurors and six alternates hardly look at Trump as they file back and forth past the defense table. At most, the eyes of one or two jurors may dart in Trump's direction as they enter and leave for breaks or for the day.
"You especially don't want to look like a fan boy or fan girl" with a room full of reporters watching, agreed Jeremy Saland, another former Manhattan prosecutor.

"As a juror, if you nod your head at Trump, you're in the papers," Saland said.
And if you nod at the prosecutors?

"You have Jesse Watters saying liberals have infiltrated the jury," he added.

www.businessinsider.com

Trump's jurors hardly look at him. Trial experts say that's a good sign for everyone.

Trump's jurors file past the most famous, or infamous, guy on the planet and don't gawk. Here's why that bodes well for justice.

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
Seems like a reasonable first response - no one can argue later when he gets harsher (or maybe Trump will actually stop violating the order, lol LOL)

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
So much for their "we didn't know he couldn't do that" defense. Must be all that antiwhite sentiment Trump complained about.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I've got the same recommendation for the judge here as I did in the Carroll case, just double the fine for every breach. You don't have to make a big stink of it, just a small announcement like this morning, but there comes a point (and we've seen in Engoron's courtroom, that point is roughly $100k) that he does care about the fines. And after 3 or 4 violations it's hard for him to argue that it came out of nowhere. The judge explicitly stating that jail is on the table is whatever, it's good that he said it but I doubt it will ever come to that.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Oct 26, 2017
I've got the same recommendation for the judge here as I did in the Carroll case, just double the fine for every breach. You don't have to make a big stink of it, just a small announcement like this morning, but there comes a point (and we've seen in Engoron's courtroom, that point is roughly $100k) that he does care about the fines. And after 3 or 4 violations it's hard for him to argue that it came out of nowhere. The judge explicitly stating that jail is on the table is whatever, it's good that he said it but I doubt it will ever come to that.

He can't. There's a statutory limit of $1000.

He says in the order, here, that he would consider larger fines were they available but since they are not, that is why he is warning of jail.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
While I'm sad that he can't be hit with fines of any relative significance, I'm glad to see the judge is not taking this lightly and has now set the stage for more severe non-monetary punishment if he continues.

Given that we're still pretty early in this trial there is no way he's going to make it to the end without violating the gag orders several dozen more times.