• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Pour another one out.

President Donald Trump's company planned to give a $50 million penthouse at Trump Tower Moscow to Russian President Vladimir Putin as the company negotiated the luxury real estate development during the 2016 campaign, according to four people, one of them the originator of the plan.

Two US law enforcement officials told BuzzFeed News that Michael Cohen, Trump's personal lawyer at the time, discussed the idea with a representative of Dmitry Peskov, Putin's press secretary.

The Trump Tower Moscow plan is at the heart of a new plea agreement by Cohen, who led the negotiations to bring a gleaming, 100-story building to the Russian capital. Cohen acknowledged in court that he lied to Congress about the plan in order to protect Trump and his presidential campaign.

The revelation that representatives of the Trump Organization planned to forge direct financial links with the leader of a hostile nation at the height of the campaign raises fresh questions about President Trump's relationship with the Kremlin. The plan never went anywhere because the tower deal ultimately fizzled, and it is not clear whether Trump knew of the intention to give away the penthouse. But Cohen said in court documents that he regularly briefed Trump and his family on the Moscow negotiations.
The two men worked furiously behind the scenes into the summer of 2016 to get the Moscow deal finished – despite public claims that the development was canned in January, before Trump won the Republican nomination. Sater told BuzzFeed News today that he and Cohen thought giving the Trump Tower's most luxurious apartment, a $50 million penthouse, to Putin would entice other wealthy buyers to purchase their own. "In Russia, the oligarchs would bend over backwards to live in the same building as Vladimir Putin," Sater told BuzzFeed News. "My idea was to give a $50 million penthouse to Putin and charge $250 million more for the rest of the units. All the oligarchs would line up to live in the same building as Putin." A second source confirmed the plan.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...ganization-planned-to-give-vladimir-putin-the

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the writing is on the wall and half of America can't read it

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
TSbWVzm.gif

astro

Oct 25, 2017
All of these, and he will never be brought to justice.

You can bank on the world being that unfair.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Our prez is a seriously dumb sack of shit. Being president doesn't mean you're above the law. I wish we had this thorough of an investigation for police officers. :/

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
Did I say 'No collusion!'? I meant 'No cushions, you'll have to supply them yourself.'

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Christmas is too early this year. December is gonna feel so hollow.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
This week has been incredible.

I have a feeling this month is going to be incredible too. Merry Christmas asshole!

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
But my president has sworn time and time again, he had NO dealings at all with Russia ever.

My president wouldn't lie to me now would he?!

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
So all those meetings with Putin are about what kind of mattress and sheets he wants?

More like laundry services.

iPyOTyT.jpg

args

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i feel like american politics will never recover from trump's bastardization

haziq

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder why we're finding all of this out now? The Dems haven't been sworn in yet, and Whitaker is trying to can this, isn't he?