• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Trusted Reviews has an exclusive leak on RDR2 whiich details their online, campaign, and further details. Keep in mind this is all unconfirmed information at this point. That said, I feel that there is nothing in particular that sticks out as a stretch.

Some choice excerpts from the article:

According to the notes, Red Dead Redemption 2's online component will feature 'Battle Royale', 'Revive and Survive' and 'Money Grab' modes.

Red Dead Redemption 2 will allow you to play both the main campaign and multiplayer in first-person. The document states the game will have bespoke animations to fit the style.

Specific player actions during campaign missions will lead to events unfolding differently depending on which characters you interact with. This could lead to different mission outcomes, objectives and dialogue depending on how you behave morally in each playthrough.

And a lot more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/...veals-battle-royale-first-person-more-3388634

credit to Neudd in the RDR release thread for bringing this up.

Last edited:

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Nice, nice, nice.

I guess we will be having a substantial online service for this, which isn't that surprising given the crazy popularity of GTA:O.

It's gonna be raining dollars at Rockstar.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Well the addition of BR explains the delay. Although honestly I'm not sure I can play a BR game without building mechanics...

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
None of this is a stretch by any means. So I guess it's pretty believable, though it could also make it Faldo since it is so easy to think of those things.

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
Here are the leaked screenshots they included, which they said was sent with this information in August 2017. Left is officially released promotional shots, and right is the leaked shots.

4IIWN34.jpg

0H6Daah.jpg

v2_0

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yep as expected every AAA game is going to have a Battle Royale mode now.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
a flimsy Rockstar BR doesn't sound fun.

I really hope the gunplay mechanics are more refined then that of GTAV.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Is this legit ? Are they trust worthy ?

The game is coming out at the end of the year, when will we get more info ? I feel the marketing was way better for GTA V.

OP
OP
Chasing

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

The game is coming out at the end of the year, when will we get more info ? I feel the marketing was way better for GTA V.

Unconfirmed, the reason the leak documents were released in the article was because the latest screenshots corroborated the leaked images they received here.

Here are the leaked screenshots they included, which they said was sent with this information in August 2017. Left is officially released promotional shots, and right is the leaked shots.

4IIWN34.jpg

0H6Daah.jpg

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
just hope this time it's not boring and mechanically broken, because i like the idea of a western open world game.

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017

Rockstar doesn't ramp up marketing until about six months prior to release, so in April or May.

GTA V's marketing was actually very similar to this. The only major difference was the GI story in November 2012, but that was only because they thought they would hit the planned Spring 2013 release.

ReginOfFire

Oct 29, 2017
Rockstar doesn't ramp up marketing until about six months prior to release, so in April or May.

GTA V's marketing was actually very similar to this. The only major difference was the GI story in November 2012, but that was only because they thought they would hit the planned Spring 2013 release.

Yeah marketing was like this for GTA 5 i remember

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
Will allow you to play in First Person. So third person is there too right? Sorry for not quite understanding the text there.

Deleted member 5015

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GTA6 with Battle Royal mode will be a real megaton. Rockstar is going to get flthy rich (maybe they'll even buy EA ... or Microsoft!)

OP
OP
Chasing

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Will allow you to play in First Person. So third person is there too right? Sorry for not quite understanding the text there.

Yes the game is assumed to be in third person like the the first one, first-person is an additional camera mode which I'm guessing is similar to what they added in the GTAV remasters, complete with bespoke animations.

Deleted member 11262

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How would that be the case? Gta5's online is complete shit, long ass loading screens to do anything in that game.
I have enough faith in Rockstar, that's all.
It's not like I liked GTA Online a whole lot, but I'm also very picky about which MP game is worth playing (not many in my eyes).

GTA Online is almost 5 years old now. I believe they learned one or two things during this time.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I always prefer third person mode if given the chance, but first person made GTA V so much more enjoyable to play. You didn't have to hold the A button to move above walking speed, and you could just click L3 once to sprint rather than having to mash the button the whole time. I'll definitely play RDR2 in first person if it's the same setup, though I'll always hope Rockstar will just make their game control well in third person for once.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This all just seems like a massive stretch taken from stuff that's in GTA V. I mean that has a BR mode doesn't it?

Nothing groundbreaking here.

Aranath

Jan 15, 2018
Sounds awesome to me.

I sincerely hope there's an FOV adjuster for the first-person mode this time. GTAV's got nauseating at times, playing on a monitor.