• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tulsi, I am by faaaaaar not one to be influenced by "Clinton proxies".

You just suck. Getting all indignant about war mongers while bowing down to murderous and/or bigoted authoritarian extremists... Who even the fuck are you?

Last edited:

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Tulsi's right on her criticism of Hillary as a whole but the conspiracy theory thing about being targeted by Hillary from the start is gross. I'm sure Hillary's involvement with the DNC at this point is watching from afar with a glass of wine and a smile. We'll see, at most, an endorsement of Biden out of her.

Speaking of conspiracy theories, where is this whole "Russia likes Tulsi" thing coming from? I understand the racism comments (especially given her history with India's PM), but like most of the Russia stuff, there seems to be no basis for that claim.

Stay in your Russian dystopia, stop fucking with our politics

Jun 6, 2019
She's channeling the hate some people have for Hillary very well. I can see certain types responding well to that.

To me it sounds almost deranged.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chuck Todd just tried to give Tulsi the benefit of the doubt. So I know what side of this I'm on for sure now.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Gonna be funny when Tulsi does run as a third party. Was probably triggered by this remark alone.
Tulsi was one of three Dem candidates to not sign the pledge to support the eventual nominee.

She later said (when pressed on it for the hundredth time)she wouldn't run as an independent, but now some are wondering if that includes any third part ticket or not...

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Hillary is a cunt and her comments are absolute BS, but this is the least professional way to respond to this and 100% leaves you open to trolling like seen in the vast majority of replies in this thread. She should've just given a smug one-line response brushing it aside like AOC, Bernie, or even Warren would. But this is some of the cringiest stuff I've seen from a Dem candidate (barring Hillary's antics).

It's....It's almost as if....Hillary was right about her? 🤔

Also a great observation about how she prepares really well to attack the leading democratic candidate at the debates, almost as if that's the entire point of her being there. 🤔

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So where is Hillary Clinton polling in the 2020 campaign?

Gonna be funny when Tulsi does run as a third party. Was probably triggered by this remark alone.
I'm just waiting for the "Ilhan Omar is a part of the deep state establishment" take now.
Tulsi's right on her criticism of Hillary as a whole but the conspiracy theory thing about being targeted by Hillary from the start is gross. I'm sure Hillary's involvement with the DNC at this point is watching from afar with a glass of wine and a smile. We'll see, at most, an endorsement of Biden out of her.

Speaking of conspiracy theories, where is this whole "Russia likes Tulsi" thing coming from? I understand the racism comments (especially given her history with India's PM), but like most of the Russia stuff, there seems to be no basis for that claim.
Tulsi is an Assad Toadie/Apologist. His regime is backed by Russia- the NYT just put out a story about the Russian military deliberately bombing hospitals within the last week or two.

Their botnet has also been working to prop her up- https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/russia-s-propaganda-machine-discovers-2020-democratic-candidate-tulsi-gabbard-n964261

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nonononnononono

Oh good god both of you go away. Clinton throwing out conspiracy theories, and Gabbard telling Clinton to join the fucking race? Gabbard is right though about Clinton lol

Oct 28, 2017

I don't think it's right to say she was targeted by Hillary from the start but I think you can make a case Tulsi has been smeared by the establishment politicians and their cronies with interest in keeping the forever wars going.

I don't think Tulsi is a good candidate but I do think the amount of hate she gets is disproportionately large especially considering the things she's done to support candidates like Bernie in the past.

Oct 27, 2017

Are you not aware of Russia's relationship with Jill Stein?

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's right to say she was targeted by Hillary from the start but I think you can make a case Tulsi has been smeared by the establishment politicians and their cronies with interest in keeping the forever wars going.

i hate when the establishment media does things to keep her down like quoting her exact words verbatim, or pointing out the inconsistencies in her statements. For example, it's worth pointing out that the woman who keeps banging the ~we must stop the forever wars~ drum spent literally years banging the ~drone king barack obama is not bombing enough civilians we have labeled as terrorists~ drum.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Sad how "Hillary is a warmonger" has stuck. Repeated by people who would presumably not like Tulsi's pro-Drones stance.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Lol my god. How fucking embarrassing.

People still so desperately need to campaign against hillary Clinton even in 2019.. come on Trumpulsi. Move on.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017

I don't think Tulsi is a good candidate but I do think the amount of hate she gets is disproportionately large especially considering the things she's done to support candidates like Bernie in the past.

Saying nice things about her homophobic guru within the last year, showing Project Veritas material on Fox this week... There's nothing disproportional about the criticism.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017

You mean besides all of the postive messaging she is getting from Kremlin backed State media?

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
So, the thing about Tulsi is...

She's not a Russian agent, or at least not purposefully. She grew up in a quasi-cult that worshipped a white dude named Chris Butler who went by the name Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa. It's basically an extremist, alt-righty Hare Krishna cult that hates Muslims. I wish were making that up! But she is in no way the "peace" candidate that she is trying to brand herself as. She's the one who yelled on Fox News that Obama wouldn't say "radical Islamic terrorism".

Hillary is wrong here, because any reading of Tulsi's history understands that her motivations and strangeness is directly tied to the cult she was raised in that obviously still informs her beliefs.

She's also wrong to elevate Tulsi, all it does is bring her more attention (unless her plan is that Tulsi will syphon off votes from the anti-Hillary voters that Bernie might have, which... I doubt she's thinking that far ahead).

Anyways Ilhan is all of us.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017

She's not a Russian agent, or at least not purposefully. She grew up in a quasi-cult that worshipped a white dude named Chris Butler who went by the name Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa. It's basically an extremist, alt-righty Hare Krishna cult that hates Muslims. I wish were making that up!

Hillary is wrong here, because any reading of Tulsi's history understands that her motivations and strangeness is directly tied to the cult she was raised in that obviously still informs her beliefs.

She's also wrong to elevate Tulsi, all it does is bring her more attention (unless her plan is that Tulsi will syphon off votes from the anti-Hillary voters that Bernie might have, which... I doubt she's thinking that far ahead).

Funny enough, Hillary didnt say anyone was a Russian Agent.

You dont have to be in order to be Groomed, Unwitted helpers are what the Russians do best, not conscious agents, its also easier that way for plausible deniability.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of replies in here glossing over the highlights on Russia favoring Tulsi for like 6 months already.

🤔

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

She's not a Russian agent, or at least not purposefully. She grew up in a quasi-cult that worshipped a white dude named Chris Butler who went by the name Jagad Guru Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa. It's basically an extremist, alt-righty Hare Krishna cult that hates Muslims. I wish were making that up! But she is in no way the "peace" candidate that she is trying to brand herself as. She's the one who yelled on Fox News that Obama wouldn't say "radical Islamic terrorism".

All of this can exist alongside the Russian signal boosting and subtle threats to run as a third-party candidate.

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for this article. Obviously I'm not 100% privy to a lot of what it's mentioning (the Stein mention got me good lol), but it is interesting for sure. I definitely appreciate you not responding with "DURR HURR RUSSIA BOT" like every Hill Bot likes to throw out if you say anything less than nice about their "qween".
especially considering the things she's done to support candidates like Bernie in the past
I think you hit the nail right on the head here. You think if Warren endorsed Bernie instead of Hillary last cycle that the media and DNC would allow her to be the current frontrunner? If you're against the status quo, you're out of the club.

Pelican

Oct 26, 2017
Jeeze, Tulsi doesn't even sound thankful for the fact that her military highlights are thanks in part to Clinton voting to start these wars.

Jokes aside, while I do enjoy people occasionally remembering Clinton's history, noooooot that great of a response. Nothing tanks this whole thing faster than if Clinton runs.

Weird choice by Clinton to put Tulsi in a far larger spotlight than she had before.
Weird choice by Tulsi to try and bait Clinton into running.

Maybe they are both Russian spies.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's not "smearing" Tulsi to point out that she's in no way an anti-interventionist in the slightest.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York

That sounds awfully like how I would describe Trump except instead of a cult worshipping another white guy, Trump worships himself.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017

That's what they call in the biz a "Useful Idiot"

Oct 25, 2017

The first good, insightful take in this entire thread.
Jeeze, Tulsi doesn't even sound thankful for the fact that her military highlights are thanks in part to Clinton voting to start these wars.

Jokes aside, while I do enjoy people occasionally remembering Clinton's history, noooooot that great of a response. Nothing tanks this whole thing faster than if Clinton runs.

Weird choice by Clinton to put Tulsi in a far larger spotlight than she had before.
Weird choice by Tulsi to try and bait Clinton into running.

Maybe they are both Russian spies.
That's the thing that confuses me. If Clinton really thought Tulsi were so bad, why would she shout her name out when she knows every word she speaks is into a megaphone (ignoring anything that makes her look bad like TERF apologism)?

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
All of this can exist alongside the Russian signal boosting and subtle threats to run as a third-party candidate.
it's hard to suggest Tulsi is being "groomed" to be a Russian agent when I don't think it's signal boosting she's actively seeking out. I don't know, it seems to suggest something much more nefarious than what is going on. I don't think that Putin and Jill Stein are having secret phone calls about how to recruit Tulsi for the Kremlin.

(And she hasn't really given any subtle hints she'd run as a third party candidate — she's already said she wouldn't run "as an independent" and she'll probably end up on a lot of state ballots so she'll be subject to sore loser laws)

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first good, insightful take in this entire thread.

That's the thing that confuses me. If Clinton really thought Tulsi were so bad, why would she shout her name out when she knows every word she speaks is into a megaphone (ignoring anything that makes her look bad like TERF apologism)?
it turns out that everyone already knew who she was talking about. including Tulsi.

edit: I responded to the wrong person apparently

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's hard to suggest Tulsi is being "groomed" to be a Russian agent when I don't think it's signal boosting she's actively seeking out. I don't know, it seems to suggest something much more nefarious than what is going on. I don't think that Putin and Jill Stein are having secret phone calls about how to recruit Tulsi for the Kremlin.

(And she hasn't really given any subtle hints she'd run as a third party candidate — she's already said she wouldn't run "as an independent" and she'll probably end up on a lot of state ballots so she'll be subject to sore loser laws)
Assad is directly backed by Russia. There's a direct line from representing Syria's interests to representing theirs.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Is this a post from 2015? Look around.

Oct 28, 2017

I mean, that article straight up says she's against regime change wars but for taking out actual terrorists. There are plenty of things to criticize her about, I personally think her anti-nuclear power stance is really dumb and her previous views on LGBT are awful, but trying to cast her as pro-war or insinuating that she's responsible for the sins of her father ain't it.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Not that Tulsi is a saint, but the way ERA jumped onto this accusation is like a real-life Orange-kun bit from Code GEASS.

Like, you can hate Tulsi for how repugnant she really is, but there's a reason that other thread was locked. This is toxic and dangerous knee-jerk assumptions.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Good summary of this entire debacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.