Oct 27, 2017
Stating that every single Japanese is at least casually racist? Just read the thread, it's full of these stupid generalisations.
We're obviously interpreting those comments differently. I don't think anyone in this thread would agree every single Japanese person is racist. But I think most would agree that Japan in general has a problem with racism/discrimination and prejudice towards other ethnicities. There are those here that have experienced it first hand. I've seen it in Japanese media, and seen other remark upon it in writing about Japan.

kamorra

Nov 27, 2017
We're obviously interpreting those comments differently. I don't think anyone in this thread would agree every single Japanese person is racist. But I think most would agree that Japan in general has a problem with racism/discrimination and prejudice towards other ethnicities. There are those here that have experienced it first hand. I've seen it in Japanese media, and seen other remark upon it in writing about Japan.
Oh I get what you're saying and tbh I'm trying hard (and failing miserably at that) to stop talking about it because that racist pos of presenter deserves every bit of hate he gets.
But some of the comments here are just wrong. We shouldn't use these generalisations, never.

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017
Stop trying to fight, he already got a 'receipt' from this very page. Of course if you don't actually read the thread you can't know that or the stupid shit that gets posted.

Listen, you've yet to give me a meaningful answer about what posts made were racist to Japan, you've spent the entirety of your posts in this thread complaining about the thread being chock full of racism towards Japan. Your blatant gaslighting of the thread is very obvious. If you have a problem with me calling it out, go back to the post where I mentioned that conveniently placed report button. Use it at your discretion.

kamorra

Nov 27, 2017
Listen, you've yet to give me a meaningful answer about what posts made were racist to Japan, you've spent the entirety of your posts in this thread complaining about the thread being chock full of racism towards Japan. Your blatant gaslighting of the thread is very obvious. If you have a problem with me calling it out, go back to the post where I mentioned that conveniently placed report button. Use it at your discretion.
lol, ok.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta watch out for those blacks and their twitch fibres.
1506725927768854158.gif

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I love elements of Japan (going there in September), it's basically the model ethnostate that Bannon et al want. Any country with (almost literally) 150 plus unbroken years of right wing government is going to be kinda fucked up.

Celestine

Oct 31, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Sounds more like a very bad analysis than racism that you can get angry about. This is more on the level of laughing because of how dumb his logic is.

Pretty sure being a foreign girl (especially white girl) is worse than man (of darker skin or not) in daily life. Basing this on the stories I've heard of sexual harassment and so on.
Like, exactly as your anecdote shows. Not sure why I would prefer that over being treated like a generic foreigner as a brown man.

Guess it depends on what you consider "worse". I've been harassed here yeah, but I've been harassed more in the US to be honest. I feel like people are less intimidated by women and generally treat us more nicely so we don't have to put up with some of the disrespect that guys face. Yeah there's still discrimination but in work particularly, I think my whiteness overrules my gender and I have to deal with that more. But ymmv.

As for the shoulder pillow on trains thing, it's not sexual harassment or anything and it happens to people of the same sex too. I just meant people don't avoid me, people are incredibly superficial about height and color I think here.

I wouldn't say Japanese people are individually more racist than Americans (where I was raised), but it is more accepted in the media in general culture...or so I thought, but I've seen some pretty heinous shit coming out of the US lately so I'm not so sure anymore.

Last edited: