• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

After video emerged of two Asian business owners being attacked in their own store, local law enforcement has launched an investigation and taken a suspect into custody.

The shocking attack happened on Monday when, according to Fox 5 DC, the two female owners of the Baltimore establishment Wonderland Liquor Store were trying to close the shop for the night.
The video begins with a woman trying to close the door as her assailant barges in and topples her to the ground. As a frightened patron runs away, the man pins her down and begins hitting her in the head with a cement block.

The other shop owner tries to intervene, but he also strikes her against the head with the block. The two try to escape through the front door, but he blocks them in and continues to hit the women. He even tries dragging one woman back into the store by pulling on her hair.
John Yun, the son of one of the victims and the nephew of the other, told WJZ that the two were later taken to the hospital for their severe injuries and are expected to make a full recovery.

"They're in shock," Yun told WJZ. "My aunt got the worst of it, 30 stitches, bruising... to see them in person like that, it's so disheartening."

"It doesn't make sense why they would come here to make a living and get treated like this in a community that should embrace (them) because we've been here for over 20 something years, we are a part of this community," said Yun.

www.newsweek.com

Two Asian Woman Brutally Attacked in Liquor Store by Man with Cement Block

Security footage that has surfaced of two Asian women being brutalized in their store has prompted a police investigation.

The gofundme for the family
www.gofundme.com

Helping My Mom and Aunt recover from this attack, organized by John Yun

https://youtu.be/JNuldiDmecQ Video of the attack On May 2nd 2021, my mom… John Yun needs your support for Helping My Mom and Aunt recover from this attack

Stranger Demands 'Take Off Your Mask' Before NYC Hammer Attack on 2 Asian Women

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sick of this shit

And what the hell is wrong with that guy casually leaving the store while the woman is being attacked??

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is wrong with people...... is it really so hard to live in a society and respect your fellow human?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
It's twice past the time for people to start arming up. Gun, knife, bat, cane, doesn't matter.

And I'll continue to issue a "fuck you" to any and all who stands by and allows this shit to happen.

JCmasta

Banned
Aug 31, 2020
Oh wow, that was fucking brutal and horrific! Did that shopper really just walk away to leave those women to fend for themselves? Infuriating!

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
god damn feels like these kinda attacks are feeding other attacks. like these racist bastards are seeing other attacks and getting the courage to do the same. although i'm wondering how many attacks weren't reported since the start of the pandemic.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah fuck this shit, i heavily suggest asians to start strapping up. Defend yourselves against these racist shit stains at all costs.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
good on them for putting up a fight.

As a reminder, Arm yourself with anything if you don't want a Gun. And keep it on your.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
What does it take for people to stop this shit?

I know it's a common thing to say what you would do in a situation like this, but I know for sure I would square up or go for a tackle.

Im definitely not posturing but given the situation like this? Old woman being beat on? Any normal person with empathy would at least yell at him. I would have gone ham on his face and Im a non violent person.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Fucking Christ. I really hope the number of these headlines I've been seeing is just a result of proper attention being paid to these incidents and not a reflection of them increasing even more rapidly than they already were.

I also hope they find this racist trash in short order.

Nov 1, 2017
I hope that they'll be alright. That video was insanely brutal. I hope the same for the women in the hammer video as well.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
That guy really should have helped. The attacker was totally vulnerable. Instead he slinked off like a coward.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus... dude was going for the kill hitting that woman on the head repeatedly.
Thankfully she survived and hopefully she fully heals.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing shit like this annoys me and me makes me worried for my wife and her family.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Suspect is garbage.

This shit is all garbage.

I feel really powerless. Keep trying to help but every time something like this happens, I just go back to fearing for my own mom, who is AAPI and lives in a city that isn't generally favorable to any people of color.

Shit is stressing me out like crazy.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
That was way too brutal for me to watch. I dunno how I feel about the customer just walking away like that. I'm not entirely sure I'd attack a guy with a weapon myself so it would be hard for me to chastise him without being in the situation, but he didn't seem to be in a rush to get help or anything either. If he just straight up waltzed away, that's sad.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
What does it take for people to stop this shit?

I know it's a common thing to say what you would do in a situation like this, but I know for sure I would square up or go for a tackle.
He has a weapon, I'm grabbing a weapon.

There's plenty of detritus around in urban areas. A sneak attack drop kick can momentarily equalize things too. You're not holding on to a brick if someone runs up and kicks you in the back. From there, you get the victims away or you square up.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely disgusting. The hammer attack was bad enough, but the cement block attack should be classified as attempted murder.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
That was way too brutal for me to watch. I dunno how I feel about the customer just walking away like that. I'm not entirely sure I'd attack a guy with a weapon myself so it would be hard for me to chastise him without being in the situation, but he didn't seem to be in a rush to get help or anything either. If he just straight up waltzed away, that's sad.

It kind of looks like he's drunk or some shit to me

The assailant was wide open, I dont know what I'd do if someone came up with a gun or something, but here it'd be pretty easy to get behind him and pull him off/disarm him and i certainly hope i'd at least do that

greenbird

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
This continues to be fucked. Don't know how that customer can look himself in the mirror after walking away like that.

0x03

Oct 25, 2017
This is so fucked up and sad. Each day I worry about every Asian person I know, especially the older ones. That the perpetrators are of all types and not just your usual dumb fuck rednecks is somehow even more anxiety inducing. I'm just so tired of seeing human cruelty. Time to log off for the day.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Not that it excuses lack of action but that customer looked pretty wobbly and drunk...

I hate that here in Canada anything anyone could carry to defend themselves is illegal, no pepper spray, no stun gun, etc, how are people supposed to defend themselves and their families from assaults like this? The police are never going to show up until after the assault is over, not much of a help.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit, that brick attack is attempted murder. I was scared that I was about to see a head caved in after some of those blows, was relieved when I saw the women walking around afterwards, albeit bloodied. they must be so traumatized :(

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
All of these attacks are attempted murder. A block from this guy and a hammer from another?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
You know what? Punish hate crimes with the maximum sentence possible, make it as many years as necessary. This kind of filth can't function properly in society so put them all away, these racist fuckers. My brain can't fathom what kind of shit goes through the mind of someone like this.