• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Source

3Wgwqoi.jpg
yssEJHl.jpg
mrOAJHA.jpg
wnNMGSa.jpg

YTL9pkb.jpg
A Single, Global Version

We want to explain why these changes are coming to the global version of the game, as opposed to branching and maintaining two parallel builds.

Read more...
*More words from Siege community manager UbiNoty:
To help allay some concerns about the changes and the future.

Moving forward, we do recognize and understand that for some elements, it is not possible to have a completely global build. Thus, there will be some things that are split build-wise. While our goal is to maintain as close a parallel as possible between builds, we will also not compromise the core integrity of the gameplay and mechanics as they exist currently.

Edit: For additional clarification, this branched build will be region locked, and will not have access to the worldwide data centers to engage with our existing player base - furthermore, VPNs will not function as a workaround.
TL;DR: The content changes apply to all regions, all versions. However, the game in the new region (China) will be region locked and have its own separate matchmaking. Thanks, pantsattack.

**From Siege community developer ItsEpi:

Last edited:

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
So basically club house is losing a lot of its personality? Removing blood on walls in a shooter is also pretty damn dumb. Especially one that focuses on changing the map as much as Siege does.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I'm curious if this also removes blood spray when a player is shot.

Would be really dumb since there are no hit markers and it's a visual to know if your shot landed.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
blood on the wall is a nogo, but shooting in others faces is a okay... i will never understand this shit

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This is only for Asia, right? There's no need for this. Not in a game where you're supposed to kill other people.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I can understand why they didn't wanna bother about having multiple maps for different users in an online game. But this still sucks.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Wait, so this is going to be content removed for everyone, not just the Asian versions?

OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Can a staff member please change the title to ' Ubi is removing gambling, sexual, & violent content in R6: Siege for "Asian territories" '? This thread was not ready and my stupid long fingers hit the enter button.
This is only for Asia, right? There's no need for this. Not in a game where you're supposed to kill other people.
No, they're making these changes to every version—they're maintaining a global version of the game for development costs.
Wait, so this is going to be content removed for everyone, not just the Asian versions?
Correct.

Last edited:

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
The thread title makes it sound like the changes are for "Asian Territories" (it's China isn't it?) only.

This is...quite a bit of a bullshit for the rest of us. Will they remove blood effects when hitting enemies as well?

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
Not a big deal in my opinion, it is stupid though.

They have to make it global because they are constantly adjusting the layout of the maps and fixing bugs, giving everyone the same maps makes things a lot easier.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
The hand still looks way too sexual. Remove the nails and have it as a dynamic neon sign with a hand-waving motion.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
This is insane lol, they're removing blood entirely? That's often vital for detecting hits or where shots have been fired

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Did no one think to throw some pictures on that wall? Who'd be drinking and just staring at brick lol.
They were gonna throw up some posters but then an artist realized "Fuck, all of these have either skulls, sex or gambling on them!"

It's a biker clubhouse, of course everything there is gonna feature one of those three things. :P

Apr 16, 2018
Hope for future reference they just don't release games with that type of content in those territories, as opposed to punishing the entire global user base.

If I was invested in this game at all, it might frustrate me.

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I don't even have the game or any interest in it, but out of curiosity... Won't this cause one heck of a shitstorm? I mean, the game came out like 3 years ago, so I assume that the biggest part of the user-base is likely composed of mostly "hardcore" gamers... I can't imagine any situation in which said players will be pleased with these changes.

unAimed

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great - now I can experience some effects of an oppressive regime without living there. I Always longed for such an opportunity...

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Tencent pulling those strings i c

Here for the removal of the Assassin skills in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey next patch~

j/k

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you kidding me? They are changing the death and melee icons too lmao? Jesus christ how sensitive is Asia

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
How is the R6 community taking this? This is pretty dumb, especially that it is affecting all regions.

Nov 18, 2017
It's annoying they're wasting resources on shit like this whilst simultaneously launching the lamest low-effort halloween event, with horrible loot box mtx, the same weekend RDR2 launched. Just makes the playerbase feel exploited imo.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Good, blood on the wall or slot machines might be a bad influence on kids when they are shooting other players.

/s

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
I don't even have the game or any interest in it, but out of curiosity... Won't this cause one heck of a shitstorm? I mean, the game came out like 3 years ago, so I assume that the biggest part of the user-base is likely composed of mostly "hardcore" gamers... I can't imagine any situation in which said players will be pleased with these changes.
Oh it's gonna cause a "censorshit-storm" (:D).

I'm mostly concerned if the blood censoring extends to hit effects (the only indicator if you're actually hitting the enemy), cause then it would be a bit far. The rest is.....not necessary, but just feels so petty to cover up.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Can a staff member please change the title to ' Ubi is removing gambling, sexual, & violent content in R6: Siege for "Asian territories" '? This thread was not ready and my stupid long fingers hit the enter button.
Incorrect.

Change it to ' Ubi is removing gambling, sexual, & violent content in R6: Siege due to Asian release'.

Complete bullshit that they're doing this.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Can a staff member please change the title to ' Ubi is removing gambling, sexual, & violent content in R6: Siege for "Asian territories" '? This thread was not ready and my stupid long fingers hit the enter button.No, they're making these changes to every version—they're maintaining a global version of the game for development costs.
Correct.
That sucks, Club is losing al lot of it's identity now.