• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft said:
The release of three new AAA games (The Crew® 2, The Division® 2 and an unannounced franchise title) representing 19 million units (vs the four AAA releases and 23 million units previously announced). In line with previous practices and in view of the acceleration of our digital transformation, growth in back-catalog sales and excellent momentum of recent releases, Ubisoft has decided to give itself more time to develop Skull & BonesTM to offer players an even more engaging experience. Skull & Bones is now scheduled for release in 2019-20.
Source: https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/comsite_common/en-US/images/05ubisoft fy18 english final_tcm99-324412_tcm99-196733-32.pdf

Previously:
23 million across 4 games

Now:
19 million across 3 games (The Division 2, The Crew 2, and Mystery Game)

The Division 2 is probably March, so I'm guessing that's partial LTD sales expectations, but you might be able to work out sales expectations for their other games based on this.

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense I guess.

Especially if those rumors of the new AC having a larger emphasis on naval are true.

Although I am noticing a lot of publishers pushing things back to 2019. Not sure what they will have for the fall, or if Rockstar has them all shaking.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I'm still intrigued/excited for this. There's been so very little information about it since E3 last year so this isn't surprising.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They always under target?

I have a feeling it'll follow the rest of Ubisoft's new IPs = massive

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
TD2 (if it is March) vs Anthem will be epic. I want both games but there is absolutely no way I can commit that kind of time to two mmo lite games.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I don't know how long the ship combat will be interesting for. It needs some type of land aspect. Ship combat got pretty old in Assassin's Creed.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Expected. Especially after announcing The Division 2 and if the Assassin's Creed rumor is true.

Pixis

Oct 31, 2017
Highly unlikely but would be great if they could actually make it into a full-on pirate game (with on foot exploration and all that comes with it).

If I recall, people were asking for another Black Flag but just not with any of the AC bits, which Ubisoft invariably turned into a (albeit pretty looking) ship-only multiplayer game...

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think it would be out this year.

So it will probably be just Assassins Creed from Ubi this winter.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Skull and Bones looks like a more boring Sea of Thieves. Not sure who is going to want it.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I have been eagerly awaiting more info since last years E3 on this game. One of my favorite announcements last year, and I was super excited for a naval combat game from ubisoft.
I mean, they literally made ACIV like that, and after beating it, I was hoping they'd go all out and make a naval combat franchise.
I do hope they consider adding in a SP campaign and off sea exploration.
That would make me really happy.
Anyways, I hope we see at least something at this year's E3!

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
It's going to be interesting to see if people are interested in PvP naval combat or if they are going to use the extra time to make us able to control the people on the ship too. I think it will bomb hard if it's only "ship" combat and nothing more.

People wanted a pirate game. Like Black Flag without the AC parts. Being able to board ships and hand to hand combat is a big part of why old school naval combat is fun. It's honestly not fun without it.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I wanted a proper Pirate game.. still interested in this, but I hope they add more than just ship-to-ship battles

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Wait - has The Division 2 been confirmed and I just missed it? I keep seeing it brought up!