• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
www.altchar.com

Rumour: Ubisoft register Prince of Persia 6 domain

Ubisoft have registered a domain name princeofpersia6.com. The domain nameservers have been set to Ubisoft's nameservers and the domain has been registered today, 04 May 2020.

"Ubisoft have registered a domain name princeofpersia6.com. The domain nameservers have been set to Ubisoft's nameservers and the domain has been registered today, 04 May 2020.
Rumours about a new Prince of Persia games just won't go away. Earlier this year, we got reports about Prince of Persia remake, which is apparently in the works at Ubisoft but these rumours were quickly shut down by a reliable industry insider Daniel Ahmad who made it clear that there is no Price of Persia remake in the works.
However, Ubisoft have registered a domain princeofpersia6.com , which suggests that a new Prince of Persia project is indeed coming. The domain nameservers have been registered to Ubisoft's nameservers and the domain has been set-up today, 04 May 2020.
Furthermore, Ubisoft also own Prince of Persia 5 domain, which was originally created in 2005, a couple of years before the launch of Prince of Persia spin-off title."

Oct 27, 2017
Be still my heart.

I'd love a new Prince of Persia game, especially since the game that supplanted it (Ass Creed) now became a RPG.
I'd take anything at that point, but a sequel to the 2007 game would be nice.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Wasn't there fake server registrations in the past?
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ubisoft do that to avoid those issues, or to make fans hyped for reveals even if it's not the case.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
6?

So...
Prince of Persia
Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame
Prince of Persia 3D is 3
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time trilogy is 4
Prince of Persia 2008 is 5

???

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Ubisoft did that For Honor Prince of Persia event, that escape room. So it seems that they could be building up to a new game.

Rockodile

Dec 7, 2018
6?

So...
Prince of Persia
Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame
Prince of Persia 3D is 3
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time trilogy is 4
Prince of Persia 2008 is 5

???
I'm guessing it's like:
Sands of Time
Warrior Within
Two Thrones
Prince of Persia 2008
Forgotten Sands
Prince of Persia 6

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I'd really like them to take this franchise back to its roots and base it more around intense feats of parkour/platforming etc. like a really in-depth, third person Mirror's Edge.

it's not going to happen though. It'll be some generic openworld AC nonsense.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Maybe they'll finally make one where the Prince of Persia actually looks somewhat Persian

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So Prince of Persia 2008 line is likely dead, and they'll try and remake Sands of Time or produce a sequel to Forgotten Sands?

With Assassin's Creed going into the direction it has, I think it's time for a new PoP. The original AC games were fairly PoP-esque so now they have an excuse to remake Sands of Time (Which is where the franchise starts for Ubi, not the original games) or make a new one.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Please be true and please don't be some GaaS bollocks. All I want are good linear Ubisoft games again

Forgotten Sands is 6

So it's probably just a remaster ;)
I'm guessing it's like:
Sands of Time
Warrior Within
Two Thrones
Prince of Persia 2008
Forgotten Sands
Prince of Persia 6
probably just ubi counting only their own PoP games. sands of time (4 games) + 2008, making the new game the sixth.

Oh, I though Forgotten Sands was a Wii/PSP spin-off or something

Oct 27, 2017
I'd really like them to take this franchise back to its roots and base it more around intense feats of parkour/platforming etc. like a really in-depth, third person Mirror's Edge.
Yeah it would be nice to cut the crap with the automatic platforming that has plagued the non-mascot platforming games for a decade now (thanks Uncharted)
I loved the 2008 game, but I felt like it was more of a puzzle game than a platforming one.

Like you saw, a 3rd person Mirror's Edge with actual platforming and not so obvious solutions would be awesome.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you: they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm. You may wonder who I am or why I say this. Sit down and I will tell you a tale like none you have ever heard."

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Once it doesn't involve the Sands of Time I am all for it.

It also warms my heart people remember the original Prince of Persia. Dark Souls of its day.