• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft has been going around doing a bunch of interviews about how they're starting a new game and hiring staff for it, including on their own blog.

Well, I thought I would look at their job postings and see if we could learn anything. While the genre isn't listed, it seems they're joining the overall trend at Ubisoft and making something online heavy.

Job postings list (and there really aren't that many game development jobs that aren't this):
1.) Senior Multiplayer Game Designer: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/caree...o#sr-post-id=743999660720997&is-redirect=true
2.) Gameplay Network Engineer: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/caree...o#sr-post-id=743999653836124&is-redirect=true
3.) Core Network Engineer: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/caree...o#sr-post-id=743999653836463&is-redirect=true
4.) Senior Core Engineer (asks for Network experience): https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/caree...rancisco#sr-post-id=99183804&is-redirect=true

Quotes:

JOB DESCRIPTION
Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Sr. Multiplayer Game Designer. We are looking for a highly talented, motivated and experienced person for a new unannounced AAA project, based in our San Francisco studio.
The Multiplayer Game Designer collaborates with design, engineering, and animation teams to create a fun and immersive experience that fulfills the creative vision and desired gaming experiences.

Responsibilities:

• Design, implement, and test multiplayer gameplay, including abilities, player to player interactions, balance, and skillsets

• Scripting to implement defined tasks

• Drive prototypes that prove out and challenge your designs, and iterate quickly

Develop the character and player progression

• Collaborate with engineers to tune player mechanics and AI

•Collaborate with World Director and environment leads to build multiplayer focused areas, levels, and arenas

•Work closely with other disciplines to create game content that delivers a rewarding and exciting experience for the player.

JOB DESCRIPTION
Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Gameplay Network Engineer. We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced person for a new multiplatform AAA project based in our San Francisco studio.

You will work on cutting-edge engine technology, building gameplay and gameplay systems that interact with network back end systems to deliver exciting online game experiences and features.
You will be a part of a collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways.

RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop network-oriented gameplay systems
- Develop gameplay and support designers implementing online gameplay
- Research and prototype new network-oriented game features

Oct 26, 2017
So we have Rockeasty, Eidos Montreal, WB Montreal, Ubisoft San Francisco and Arkane hiring for multiplayer stuff for their upcoming games.
Uhm....

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Watch Dogs 3? If not I guess a new IP.
Well Watch Dogs 1 and 2 were both primarily developed by Ubisoft Montreal. I know that lots of studios worked on WD2 though so I guess it's possible that Ubisoft San Fran is doing the MP component of a potential WD3.

My money would be on a new IP though. Their use of the term "multiplatform AAA project" doesn't scream South Park to me - I wouldn't call it an AAA game. That's Watch Dogs / Assassin's Creed / Ghost Recon / The Division territory for Ubisoft.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
South Park 3: Cops & Robbers

Wasn't there a bunch of episodes some years back about just that? With Cartman patrolling the streets as a cop, or being a detective with the other kids?

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I should note that in the interviews... I'm not convinced they're making another South Park game.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it's a game with mp component or a full-on mp game? Probably the latter.