• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Went to town to get meds, busy, no one wearing masks or keeping a distance. Awful. Massive queue at my pharmacy going out the door, no space being kept. Went home.
No toilet roll even in the corner shops or Wilko. I'm gonna end up dead for fuckin shit tickets.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting... people were wondering if we'd have a baby boom 9 months down the line, but I think more likely is we have massive health issues down the line, both mental and physical. I've gone from training 6 days a week to nothing, and because I'm isolating I don't have any fresh food so my diet is complete garbage.

I've spoken to a number of people that are drinking a LOT MORE too.

This is why being a recluse isn't so bad during these times. My daily lifestyle hasn't really been affected at all. I work from home, I have a home gym, I always get my shopping delivered, I've even been cutting my hair for the past 10+ years (pretty damn good at it now).

Oct 30, 2017
I live in a new development and lots of houses (including next door) are still being built. Loads of builders and contractors everywhere. In groups and all packed into small new builds.

Pretty sure companies like Taylor Wimpey would get houses built even if the country was literally on fire.

Azraes

Oct 28, 2017
London
It's interesting... people were wondering if we'd have a baby boom 9 months down the line, but I think more likely is we have massive health issues down the line, both mental and physical. I've gone from training 6 days a week to nothing, and because I'm isolating I don't have any fresh food so my diet is complete garbage.

I've spoken to a number of people that are drinking a LOT MORE too.

Based on what happened in China and general views on long-term confinement, divorce rates and break-ups are the more likely things to expect. There are economic worries for most people despite confinement and one of the leading causes for most people breaking up is after all economic uncertainty.

Alent

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
At the same time your grandma was irresponsible. Taking flowers to church wasn't a necessity? I see this on a daily basis where older folks walk around. I'm sure they have reasons which are important to them, but at the same time they are risking a lot and potentially putting more strain on family members having to look after them like in your case.

edit:

i think you meant your grandma being irresponsible

Yeah, i was saying they are irresponsible and that i'm annoyed with them. This is something that effects the elderly the most and yet they just won't help themselves, it's kind of amazing in an infuriating way. My neighbours (in their 70's) only didn't go on their cruise because it was cancelled.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Managed to get part of the season ticket for my annual commute refunded. It's such a rip-off. A season ticket is already discounted at a price of 12 months for the price of 10. However, when calculating refunds, they look at how many days you've used against the ticket at the normal price. This means that if you only have three months left on it, you get very, very little back as it's front-loaded- they claim that last 2 months is of no value rather than proportionately across the ticket. That's a crazy way of calculating it when I pay thousands of pounds a year on train travel.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
The UK is heading for one of the worst crisis in the world. I'm convinced of it

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...rs-fail-to-observe-social-distancing-11962213
Dude wtf

I get the public is being stupid...but those pics aint even that crowded for a train and may all be essential workers

Posts like this don't help but spread panic lol

Someone else on there might be thinking why is this lady on the train...not knowing she is a doctor and an essential worker etc etc

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
My point remains. There clearly isnt enough transport being provided to get the key workers to work with some space between them. Bus and train drivers in London are behind glass and in their own compartments, so their safety is relatively preserved.

Also add to this the footage from the weekend of people flooding pubs, parks and having parties.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dude wtf

I get the public is being stupid...but those pics aint even that crowded for a train and may all be essential workers

Posts like this don't help but spread panic lol

Someone else on there might be thinking why is this lady on the train...not knowing she is a doctor and an essential worker etc etc

I'm not even sure what this "avoid travel unless it's essential means"

Do they think people are getting on public transport at 7am because they want to?

I doubt anyone wants to do it but they have no choice.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My point remains. There clearly isnt enough transport being provided to get the key workers to work with some space between them. Bus and train drivers in London are behind glass and in their own compartments, so their safety is relatively preserved.

Also add to this the footage from the weekend of people flooding pubs, parks and having parties.

Cutting tube services doesn't seem to have been the best thing to do. Yes commuter numbers are down but there still are enough which means during rush hour less transport will be busy transport.

Maybe companies that still require in house employees change working hours so people can get in at 10-11.

Cagen

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Getting really fucking tired of going to the supermarket taking 4 times as long because people just stop and chat in the middle of isles. Then cough on my arm when I'm waiting for people to move so I can actually walk down an isle.

My whole family works in the health service (NHS and council) and we are trying to keep key workers healthy. Why the fuck aren't the supermarkets taking this seriously, limiting numbers of people entering/queuing at a distance.

I live in two completely different worlds at the moment, one within the health service and one in the general public.

This country is such a joke.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
they're cutting services so even though fewer people are travelling, there are also fewer trains, so they're as crowded as normal. They should try and keep as many services as before so they can run more emtpy

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Getting really fucking tired of going to the supermarket taking 4 times as long because people just stop and chat in the middle of isles. Then cough on my arm when I'm waiting for people to move so I can actually walk down an isle.

My whole family works in the health service (NHS and council) and we are trying to keep key workers healthy. Why the fuck aren't the supermarkets taking this seriously, limiting numbers of people entering/queuing at a distance.

I live in two completely different worlds at the moment, one within the health service and one in the general public.

This country is such a joke.

really we are even doing that on Ontario

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Went to town to get meds, busy, no one wearing masks or keeping a distance. Awful. Massive queue at my pharmacy going out the door, no space being kept. Went home.
No toilet roll even in the corner shops or Wilko. I'm gonna end up dead for fuckin shit tickets.
I need some antibiotics at the moment, but I'm fucking terrified of going near the pharmacy.

Might have to get my wife to collect for me as she's currently healthy.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just watched our headteacher livestream an assembly on YouTube from his house.

Times are indeed fucking strange

MmmSkyscraper

Oct 25, 2017
Drove past the local mcdonalds on the way back from Tesco, must have been a queue of around 50 or so cars on the road outside queuing to get into the drive through.

I drove past a retail park just after lunch. A relatively paltry 15 cars in the queue for mucky D's stretching back out to the main road then 50 people in a queue outside B&Q.

times of daily briefings

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Anyone know what time todays conference is happening?
Normally the press briefings will take place between 4pm and 6pm, according to Number 10.

A Downing Street spokesperson said that they would like to "see [the briefings held at] a consistent time."

Recent previous weekday briefings have all happened at around 5pm with weekend ones taking place at 2.30pm.

www.lbc.co.uk

Coronavirus UK: What time is Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s press conference today?

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is set to update the public on new Covid-19 social gathering restrictions. But when is Boris's speech today? When is the next coronavirus update?

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
www.lbc.co.uk

Coronavirus UK: What time is Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s press conference today?

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is set to update the public on new Covid-19 social gathering restrictions. But when is Boris's speech today? When is the next coronavirus update?

I wish they would just start at a specific time.

Felt sorry for the presenter on BBC yesterday as they'd been on air for a good hour and a bit before anyone emerged - kept on having to tell viewers that the statement is expected 'shortly'.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I wish they would just start at a specific time.

Felt sorry for the presenter on BBC yesterday as they'd been on air for a good hour and a bit before anyone emerged - kept on having to tell viewers that the statement is expected 'shortly'.
Yeah, I agree, when you've already ballparked them at 'anywhere between 4 and 6', I don't know why it's so hard to just say '5pm weekdays, 2.30pm weekends'.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
Just got told that the store I work in is finally shutting down because of the virus. We're apparently gonna still get paid, which is nice. I have to travel an hour and a half to two hours to get to work. It's gonna be good to isolate, I have a bunch of great flatmates so I'm luckier than most. Just hope I still have a job when this all blows over.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I know it's not even remotely his job, but I'm expecting them to wheel out Rishi Sunak again to announce the inevitable lockdowns, just because everyone loves him after announcing the wage relief initiative.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I know it's not even remotely his job, but I'm expecting them to wheel out Rishi Sunak again to announce the inevitable lockdowns, just because everyone loves him after announcing the wage relief initiative.
"You got to give the good news, only fair if you give the grim stuff too'

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
That's not really true is it. Do some people not understand that not everyone can work from home and the alternative to using public transport is walking for hours.
It's a catch 22 situation I feel.
The less public transport is available the more crowded each bus/train will be, and the more they are running it might make people feel travel is alright.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Jobseekers allowance online sign up page has been down all day it seems like. I wonder if we will ever get numbers of how many are now unemployed in this country due to this virus...

Last edited:

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's a catch 22 situation I feel.
The less public transport is available the more crowded each bus/train will be, and the more they are running it might make people feel travel is alright.

Just feel there is mixed messages. Sadiq Khan is telling Londerners not to travel to work but its not quite that simple. Some people need to work and don't have a choice but to go to work.

Unless the government are going to tell all business to shut down and people will still have a job I don't see how you stop people travelling.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Just feel there is mixed messages. Sadiq Khan is telling Londerners not to travel to work but its not quite that simple. Some people need to work and don't have a choice but to go to work.

Unless the government are going to tell all business to shut down and people will still have a job I don't see how you stop people travelling.
Yea additionally that 80% income pledge is still very unclear to the actual workers because it depends on the employers applying for it, and it doesn't say whether the employers will cover the cost until they get paid by the government next month or if the employers will make the workers wait until then.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
46 deaths today. Not sure what the total is but roughly 320-330 I believe.

Compared to Italy they were at 460 in the same time frame.

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
303 deaths in England now
+46 on yesterday.

Just seen this on Twitter. I'm not sure about the rest of the U.K.

edit: UK is at 335

Shambles

Oct 25, 2017
I've got something unrelated/non-serious that I want to see my GP about, should I go ahead or is it a bit selfish in current circumstances?

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
46 deaths in England today

EDIT: +8 from Scotland & Wales

Give the UK 54 deaths in the past 24 hours