• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
A fuckup would imply a mistake but this was a deliberate dogwhistle to racist la that got called out.

Edit: Speaking of which, it is nice the Tory party are talking about kicking Truss out after making Sicily a big thing out of Labour's antisemitism… Oh… Oh they aren't even talking about it? Okay then.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
London

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
It really can and does get worse with Labour they could spend probably half of whatever they are spending on those police and just feed kids and that would more likely reduce the shop lifting.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
If that latest policy of Rishis to cut benefits doesn't lose the Torys more votes then this country really is beyond hope.

IpKaiFung

Oct 27, 2017
Wales
I think the hardcore nutters are gonna be voting for the super fash reform party.

But you never know, shit can be very different on polling day and I don't believe they will be completely wiped out like the polling suggests.

ratprophet

Jun 24, 2021
www.bbc.co.uk

Antisemitic false Rothschild quote cut from Liz Truss memoir

The ex-PM's publishers apologise and agree to remove a fake quote tied to an antisemitic conspiracy theory.

She's a walking bingo card of fuckups

Bingo is too complex a game for the Trusster.

I think the hardcore nutters are gonna be voting for the super fash reform party.

But you never know, shit can be very different on polling day and I don't believe they will be completely wiped out like the polling suggests.

This is my read as well, think it will be tighter than the polls are showing.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Polls smears tighten once election period starts and shit gets real. I see Labour are down to a 16pt lead in one poll and that seems more realistic than the 20+ points… Then again, reform are up in that poll.

IpKaiFung

Oct 27, 2017
Wales
There are quite a few reasons for this:
  • most people don't earn enough money to be taxed at 40% (top 15% - data here);
  • most people are too busy with everyday life to care about it;
  • politicians won't educate the public on this because it helps build narratives about not raising taxes;
  • its not mandatory education in schools;
It's easy enough to just gawp at the public for not getting something most of us understand is incredibly easy but who's really going to bother educating people when having people not understand marginal taxation supports the status quo?

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
They earn enough to pass at least one other threshold to be fair.

They do point out in the replies that people likely to be earning this do not understand it any better than the mean.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
sad thing is even if you got a 50k raise you aren't paying a ton more tax. 40% sounds like double 20% but its only 12% more due to NI. Heck it was 8% until the two recent NI cuts.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
Of all the recent developments in how British politics is done the one I hope doesn't stick is Rishi's habit of doing poundland Trump rallies whenever he wants to say something.

Jan 20, 2023
STOP THE BOATS being the primary rallying call of our outgoing government

"we'll stop the boats, but better" being one of the main calls of the incoming "opposition" government

truly a fucking shitshow of a nation. embarassing beyond belief

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Is there a single party that doesn't want to stop the boats?

Is there a single person that doesn't want to "stop the boats"?

I suppose some rabid anti-immigration types might like the idea of migrants drowning, but outside of those ghouls why would anyone be in favour of them?

I'm totally in favour of stopping the boats, by making it far easier to enter the country legally and without having to risk life and limb.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Rishi really is the dumbest mofo, he keeps putting floodlights and sirens onto his failures every time, "I know I'll make this special conference, announcing I failed on a policy the majority of people don't care about and a small minority are just annoyed that I keep failing at it, and will more likely vote reform because of it". I really don't understand how the Tories are continuing with him he is going to give them the biggest election defeat they have ever had.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB

blob.jpg

This guy?

Jan 20, 2023
Is there a single person that doesn't want to "stop the boats"?

I suppose some rabid anti-immigration types might like the idea of migrants drowning, but outside of those ghouls why would anyone be in favour of them?

I'm totally in favour of stopping the boats, by making it far easier to enter the country legally and without having to risk life and limb.

fair but "stop the boats" in no way means easier legal immigration for asylum seekers for any electoral purposes.

All discussion of immigration is innately xenophobic at this point in this country

Oct 26, 2017
Rishi really is the dumbest mofo, he keeps putting floodlights and sirens onto his failures every time, "I know I'll make this special conference, announcing I failed on a policy the majority of people don't care about and a small minority are just annoyed that I keep failing at it, and will more likely vote reform because of it". I really don't understand how the Tories are continuing with him he is going to give them the biggest election defeat they have ever had.

It's locked in and they'd rather not be the face of it. At this point he has absolute job security because nobody else should be stupid enough to take it.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
It's locked in and they'd rather not be the face of it. At this point he has absolute job security because nobody else should be stupid enough to take it.

Oh after the past few weeks I absolutely believe Liz Truss is delusional enough to think she could lead the conservatives again and win a general election on the back of far right batshittery.

She has the self awareness of a peanut.

Which raises the question of would MPs hold a no confidence vote against Sunak if they get a drubbing in the local elections next week, as has been rumoured. Because I could see plenty of people throwing their hat in the ring to take up that poison chalice, if only to prevent Truss 2.0.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Oh after the past few weeks I absolutely believe Liz Truss is delusional enough to think she could lead the conservatives again and win a general election on the back of far right batshittery.

She has the self awareness of a peanut.

Which raises the question of would MPs hold a no confidence vote against Sunak if they get a drubbing in the local elections next week, as has been rumoured. Because I could see plenty of people throwing their hat in the ring to take up that poison chalice, if only to prevent Truss 2.0.
I wonder how her book is selling... If it's selling well I could see her just continuing to hustle money out of her equally idiotic, mostly American followers by taking shots from the side-lines.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
fair but "stop the boats" in no way means easier legal immigration for asylum seekers for any electoral purposes.

All discussion of immigration is innately xenophobic at this point in this country

Yeah, "stop the boats" is just another way to say "keep them out"

After leaving the EU the Tories and media needed another foreigner boogeyman to lie about and overnight the country apparently is suddenly under siege by an army of people in life rafts and dinghies