• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure Rishi is holding out on an election until after planes to Rwanda take off, but I would love it if there continues to be challenges that delay them from happening. This government really can go get fucked.

bremen

Sep 22, 2020
Not long until the local elections though.

DONT FORGET TO GET YOUR ELIGIBLE ID (god I hate having to type that :( ) SORTED.

Also don't forget to tell friends and family that it's necessary.

Lil Bee

Feb 13, 2024
If I was forced to turn up at the booth I would just draw a cock and balls on the form.

All of the UK parties suck ass.

This is actually my plan. No vote is no vote, but a spoilt ballot has to be counted in some capacity. Make them look at the cock and balls. Make it extra veiny and hairy, for good measure.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably watch channel 4 or sky coverage. BBC is my last choice of broadcasters I would watch these days… Their political reporters are insufferable Tory shills.

Ahuitzotl

Jun 11, 2020
I posted about her last year, when she basically co-signed the anti lgbt+ school protests, I'm still surprised she basically gets no pushback, every time Keir makes it clear that he only cares about Anti-Semitism and handwaves transphobia, islamophobia and anti-blackness.

View: https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1698705044839735674?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1698705044839735674%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Oct 27, 2017

That's some revisionist history now he's returned to the warm embrace of the mainstream media (although I guess GB News is now mainstream considering it's become the de facto state broadcaster for this government) . He never had a problem with the kooky far-right stuff, just that the channel's production was so painfully amateurish, he felt it undermined the objective of giving legitimacy to those fringe views.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
There's no point drawing a cock and balls that only some random counting assistant is going to see. Spoil your ballot, fine, but send the cock and balls pics direct to the candidates.

Oct 26, 2017
I posted about her last year, when she basically co-signed the anti lgbt+ school protests, I'm still surprised she basically gets no pushback, every time Keir makes it clear that he only cares about Anti-Semitism and handwaves transphobia, islamophobia and anti-blackness.

View: https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1698705044839735674?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1698705044839735674%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

He doesn't even care about anti-Semitism, just uses it like the opportunist he is.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
If I was forced to turn up at the booth I would just draw a cock and balls on the form.

All of the UK parties suck ass.

I'm sure a few elections ago someone intended to spoil their ballot paper like this - it was counted as a valid vote as it was done on a certain candidate's name and the election workers couldn't rule out that the intention was instead to choose said candidate.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
so balls on the tory candidate, shaft all the other candidates just in case. Optional jizz spurts on candidates you really don't like

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Former DUP leader Jeffrey Donaldson and his wife are in court today:
The rape charge alleges that Donaldson, on a date unknown between January 1 1985 and January 1 1991, "had unlawful sexual intercourse" with the alleged victim "who at the time of the said intercourse did not consent to it".

Another charge alleges Donaldson "committed an act of gross indecency towards a child" on a date between January 1 2005 and December 31 2006.

There are nine allegations of indecent assault - allegedly committed on dates spanning a period from January 1 1985 to January 1 2006.

Eleanor Donaldson is charged with aiding and abetting additional offences, again related to two complainants.

There are two counts of cruelty, while Eleanor Donaldson is also accused of aiding and abetting rape, and aiding and abetting indecent assault.

The four allegations facing Eleanor Donaldson span dates from January 1985 to December 2004.
m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Jeffrey Donaldson: More details emerge on court documents as sex charges span more than 20 years

Sex charges facing Sir Jeffrey Donaldson span a period of more than 20 years, it has emerged.

Belladonna

Oct 30, 2017
It's kinda funny in a not a funny but a sad way that they are on live air saying breaking rules is not a big deal.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
The quiet part has become the out loud part for Reform's deupty leader.

www.independent.co.uk

Reform UK deputy leader says UK should ‘absolutely’ let migrants drown in the Channel

Ben Habib said asylum seekers attempting to reach Britain in small boats should ‘suffer the consequences’ of trying to reach the UK in small boats

What's the betting on this improving their polling? What's the betting on it becoming Conservative policy within the decade?

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
Ben Habib - born in Karachi, moved to the UK at 14.
In many ways, I despise these ladder pullers more than their white buddies.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
inews.co.uk

Ofcom says it won't shut down GB News, is unsure if Farage counts as a politician

Broadcasters are entitled to 'freedom of expression' but must follow new rules on politician presenters, regulator says
Today programme presenter Nick Robinson asked Ofcom on X, formerly Twitter: "The leader of the Reform party Richard Tice & its only MP Lee Anderson can present programmes in the run up to the (general election) campaign alongside Jacob Rees-Mogg. Is that your idea of impartiality?" Robinson also questioned how Reform founder Mr Farage could present an "impartial" programme during the campaign.

Cristina Nicolotti Squires, the Ofcom executive responsible for broadcast regulation, told i: "There are some people who won't be happy unless we shut GB News down tomorrow and that's not the kind of country we live in. We're not censors." She added: "Nick [Robinson] would be the first one to be cross if Ofcom told him how Today ought to be. We live in a country with editorial freedom and the right for broadcasters to decide how they make programmes. It's up to them to make them impartial."
Ofcom has said candidates at the upcoming general election are not allowed to host any programmes during the campaign.

The regulator will rule on whether Mr Farage is defined as a "politician" when it publishes the outcome of an impartiality complaint over his show. The Reform figurehead has yet to confirm if he will stand for parliament at the next election.

If Mr Farage was a Reform spokesman but didn't stand, Ofcom's rules suggest he would still be able to present "non-news current affairs programmes" until polling day.
She also rejected criticism from Andrew Neil, GB News's short-lived frontline presenter, who told a parliamentary select committee this week that Ofcom should show some "backbone" and take action against the channel.

"We've given GB News eleven breaches so far," Ms Squires said. "We've put them on notice that further breaches of the code will be taken incredibly seriously and possibly lead to sanctions."

Ofcom was not "scared" to fine GB News, if it is found guilty of repeated breaches, she said.

IpKaiFung

Oct 27, 2017
Wales

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Scottish Greens co-leader Lorna Slater has just confirmed the end of the Bute House agreement and accused the SNP of "selling out future generations".

She said: "This is an act of political cowardice by the SNP, who are selling out future generations to appease the most reactionary forces in the country.

"They have broken the bonds of trust with members of both parties who have twice chosen the co-operation agreement and climate action over chaos, culture wars and division. They have betrayed the electorate."

She said that the first minister ended the agreement in "such a weak and thoroughly hopeless way" which "signalled that when it comes to political co-operation, he can no longer be trusted."
In a lengthy statement marking the end of the power-sharing agreement between the SNP and Scottish Greens, Lorna Slater goes on to say that the Scottish Greens were due to vote on the co-operation agreement in the coming weeks.

However, she says they will no longer have the opportunity because of "the most reactionary and backwards-looking forces within the First Minister's party" which "forced him to do the opposite of what he himself had said was in Scotland's best interests".

She adds: "If they can't stand up to members of their own party, how can anyone expect them to stand up to the UK government at Westminster and defend the interests of Scotland?"

Slater says the Scottish Greens were "let down by the SNP time and time again" on a variety of issues including oil and gas targets and council tax.

She ends the statement by urging SNP members who cared about the climate, trans rights and independence to consider whether they were in the right party.
"He now looks set to give his party what they rejected. We expect to see a raft of progressive policies watered down or ditched altogether."

Lorna Slater says she is "deeply proud of what we delivered in government" over the past two-and-a-half years.

She says the Scottish Greens had plans for a new national park, rent controls and a ban on conversion therapy.
www.bbc.co.uk

Yousaf faces Holyrood questions after he scraps power-sharing deal with Greens

The Scottish Greens who played a role in Scotland's government for more than two years says the SNP has "sold out future generations".

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Have seen some noise from SNP party members that they weren't consulted on this and they found out when the news dropped as well.

Legit dunno what the SNP are thinking here given they're in the roughest shape they've been in since taking power.

Jan 20, 2023
starting to lose hope i'll ever see independence in my lifetime.

was a long shot anyway but feels like a tough hill to climb back up again now.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Humza Yousaf explains the co-operation with the Scottish Greens lasted for nearly three years and the Bute House agreement has "undoubtedly brought a number of successes".

"I believe the benefits have outweighed the compromises." The first minister says when he said the agreement was "worth its weight in gold" he meant it.

"However it is now my judgement that the balance has shifted." He says it has served its purpose and after "careful consideration I believe it is in the best interests of the people of Scotland to pursue a different arrangement".
"I have formally notified Patrick Harvie and Lorna Slater that I am terminating the Bute House agreement with immediate effect," says the first minister.
The first minister tells the media how the SNP needs the freedom and flexibility to "move Scotland forward", adding: "We need to speak to the country with one voice - our voice".

He says today marks a "new beginning" for the SNP government, which includes plans to tackle child poverty, stand up for minorities, help the country during the cost of living crisis, and tackle the climate crisis.

"During my first year of leadership, I hope I have demonstrated to you that I am fighting to change Scotland for the better," he says.

"I am working tirelessly to build a strong, sustainable economy that works for everyone, to strengthen our NHS and other public services, to build a country in which everyone feels accepted and able to reach their potential, and to do what I can in my own way to create a more peaceful world."
Yousaf confirms he will lead a minority government, accepting it will be "tough".

The first minister concludes his statement with a direct message to the people of Scotland.

He says he is "fighting to change Scotland for the better".

"As your first minister I will always put Scotland first."
www.bbc.co.uk

Yousaf faces Holyrood questions after he scraps power-sharing deal with Greens

The Scottish Greens who played a role in Scotland's government for more than two years says the SNP has "sold out future generations".